$5.50 - Australia
$9 - South Africa
$10 - New Zealand
$10 - Pakistan
$15 - West Indies
$34 - Sri Lanka
$81 - Afghanistan
$81 - Bangladesh
the odds seem right for all countries but Australia.
would've thought we'd be behind south Africa, new Zealand and Pakistan in the betting (maybe we were a week and a bit ago).

Australia have been terrible in the odi format the last few years, for a variety of reasons.

I'm guessing the bookies are keeping the aussies safe because of the recent india series and their ability to win this tournament.

they still need to get their house in order, but are capable and could be a smoky.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
would've thought we'd be behind south Africa, new Zealand and Pakistan in the betting (maybe we were a week and a bit ago).

Australia have been terrible in the odi format the last few years, for a variety of reasons.

I'm guessing the bookies are keeping the aussies safe because of the recent india series and their ability to win this tournament.

they still need to get their house in order, but are capable and could be a smoky.
Yeah not sure if bias but we are the one country that no matter what I'd never write off going into a World Cup. Would back us to make the 4 in this new format (think we're less likely than RSA and NZ to drop a match to the bottom 5), and then it's a SF and F and who knows what can happen in sudden death finals - Warner, Finch, Maxwell can all go off in an unbeatable fashion on any given day no matter their form.

Kram

I'll brik u
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal

Non World Cup ODI cricket for the most part these days are almost glorified practice matches that are forgotten about around 5 minutes after they have finished. I don't really think a poor w/l record in them really means that much.

Australia at full strength on paper are a strong side with depth and will be suited to playing in England, imo still a bigger threat to the Poms and India than the likes of NZ, and definitely Pakistan.

Howard Littlejohn

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Top Bottom