2019 Cricket World Cup Predictions

RohitSharma

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United and Barcelona
Still not all that confident we will get to the final tbh. Bowling depth is still a big concern and I'm not sure the batting is good enough to make up for it.

If we don't win it I hope India do since it's more than likely it's between them and England.
Thanks for the well wishes man, I like Aussies because they never give up, till the last ball is bowled Aussies give their heart. Mad respect for Smith, Starc and Warner but I hate Cricket Australia for making a big deal out of nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #77
Indians are the best and should have been the faves going into the cup. England were due to home advantage but they shouldn't have been.

India will win it and they deserve to. Been the best side for a year or two at least.

All class.

Santana

Club Legend
Indians are the best and should have been the faves going into the cup. England were due to home advantage but they shouldn't have been.

India will win it and they deserve to. Been the best side for a year or two at least.

All class.
England has been the best ODI team over the last 2/3 years tbh. India will have to play better than that if they want to beat England which is something they will have to do if they want to win the WC.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
In a competition between competitive matches, washouts and dead rubbers, which will win?
Today's match will mark the halfway point of the round robin. So far, by my measure, we've had:

Competitive matches: 4/22 - An inauspicious start to the tournament was followed by a bunch of competitive matches in quick succession, but we've now gone quite some time without one.
Washouts: 4/22 - I suspect the worst of it is over, but English weather is notoriously hard to predict. Furthermore, the format has caused many of these by preventing reserve days, which means that the number of competitive matches needs to make up for that to make the format worthwhile.
Dead rubbers: 0/22 - hasn't had a chance to get going yet, but once they do they'll pick up steam very quickly.

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
If England beat Sri Lanka, Australia beat Bangladesh, NZ beat Windies then by Sunday we are effectively in dead rubber territory with 16 games to go. "Mathematically" maybe not quite but in practice it would be.

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Dead rubber just smoking their pipe out the back but looking to travel beautifully under hands and heels riding. Expect them to be popped out at the top of the straight and to explode away to a comfortable victory.

Top Bottom