$5.50 - Australia
$9 - South Africa
$10 - New Zealand
$10 - Pakistan
$15 - West Indies
$34 - Sri Lanka
$81 - Afghanistan
$81 - Bangladesh

the odds seem right for all countries but Australia.
would've thought we'd be behind south Africa, new Zealand and Pakistan in the betting (maybe we were a week and a bit ago).

Australia have been terrible in the odi format the last few years, for a variety of reasons.

I'm guessing the bookies are keeping the aussies safe because of the recent india series and their ability to win this tournament.

they still need to get their house in order, but are capable and could be a smoky.

would've thought we'd be behind south Africa, new Zealand and Pakistan in the betting (maybe we were a week and a bit ago).

Australia have been terrible in the odi format the last few years, for a variety of reasons.

I'm guessing the bookies are keeping the aussies safe because of the recent india series and their ability to win this tournament.

they still need to get their house in order, but are capable and could be a smoky.

Yeah not sure if bias but we are the one country that no matter what I'd never write off going into a World Cup. Would back us to make the 4 in this new format (think we're less likely than RSA and NZ to drop a match to the bottom 5), and then it's a SF and F and who knows what can happen in sudden death finals - Warner, Finch, Maxwell can all go off in an unbeatable fashion on any given day no matter their form.

Non World Cup ODI cricket for the most part these days are almost glorified practice matches that are forgotten about around 5 minutes after they have finished. I don't really think a poor w/l record in them really means that much.

Australia at full strength on paper are a strong side with depth and will be suited to playing in England, imo still a bigger threat to the Poms and India than the likes of NZ, and definitely Pakistan.

Edited - Made this thread originally but another one has been made since. All good, will have this as a predictions thread.

Semi Finalists?
The Final?
Winner?
Best Performing Players?
Emerging Players?
Player of the Tournament?
Top 3 games most looking forward to?

If you really can be asseD, most runs, wickets, catches etc.

Opening game worthy of a final. Massive encounter straight off the bat ( pardon the pun ) and two teams many fancy to be in the final 4. South Africa are known as the great choke artists, will that continue? England are favoured on home soil and are tipped to take it all out this Summer. Will the weight of expectation see them crumble, or will the massive wave of home support steer their ship home? One of many great questions that will be answered in the not too distant future. Can't wait for the Cup to kick off and our Aussie boys and their cross-country counterparts are dangerous sides that shouldn't be overlooked.

Speaking of dangerous when you have the likes of

dhawan.jpg

sharma.jpg

And these two titans

doni.jpg

kohli.jpg

You won't be fearful of any other side in the tournament.

Can't wait for an action packed 6 weeks of cricket. We're blessed to see many titanic battles and top round quality over the enthralling duration.

Should be a great month of cricket. England and India are the two obvious standouts to make the final, but it would not be a shock to see Australia, the West Indies or New Zealand there. I look forward to seeing how South Africa go without the usual weight of expectations on them coming in too.

Opening game worthy of a final. Massive encounter straight off the bat ( pardon the pun ) and two teams many fancy to be in the final 4. South Africa are known as the great choke artists, will that continue? England are favoured on home soil and are tipped to take it all out this Summer. Will the weight of expectation see them crumble, or will the massive wave of home support steer their ship home? One of many great questions that will be answered in the not too distant future. Can't wait for the Cup to kick off and our Aussie boys and their cross-country counterparts are dangerous sides that shouldn't be overlooked.

Speaking of dangerous when you have the likes of

View attachment 682804

View attachment 682809

And these two titans

View attachment 682810

View attachment 682811

You won't be fearful of any other side in the tournament.

Can't wait for an action packed 6 weeks of cricket. We're blessed to see many titanic battles and top round quality over the enthralling duration.

Very ordinary World Cup for mine hence England are favourites.

Australia don't have a keeper, genuine all rounder, spinner, third seamer and short a genuine middle order bat to go with Smith and Maxwell.

Still a better team than India though who are basically Kohli, Sharma, Bumrah, fat Dhoni and a heap of s**t trucks.

Judging by some of the hypocritical comments from English fans that I’ve seen across various platforms regarding Smith and Warner, they should also be starting favourites for the Mental Gymnastics World Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a great month of cricket. England and India are the two obvious standouts to make the final, but it would not be a shock to see Australia, the West Indies or New Zealand there. I look forward to seeing how South Africa go without the usual weight of expectations on them coming in too.
Great month of cricket, spread out over six weeks. The last week or two before finals will have some stinkers between sides already eliminated.

Great month of cricket, spread out over six weeks. The last week or two before finals will have some stinkers between sides already eliminated.

Those games will be for the spot fixing plate though.

Semi Finalists?

England, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia

The Final?

New Zealand, England

Winner?

New Zealand

Best Performing Players?

Brits, Kiwis, a few Aussies and South Africans, one of the Indian batsmen, one of the Asian bowlers.

Emerging Players?

Enn Eff Eye

Enn Eff Eye. If I had to bet, I'd go with Williamson.

The two semis plus the final.

Other than that, every game featuring teams that are not Sri Lanka, Bangladesh or Afghanistan.

Although truth be told I am looking forward to seeing what the Afghanis can do, if they win a couple early I'll tune in for the rest.

Anything else you want to add?

I'm liking the Windies as my outside / smoky bet. Something about them, and I can see Gayle going out in style.

Prediction: One of the Big 3 (England, India and Australia) matches against the Afghans, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are all washed out and get eliminated in the group stages because of this.

Semi Finalists?
England, India, Australia, South Africa

Although I find it hard to split Aus, SA and NZ.

The Final?
England v India

Winner?
England :'(

Best Performing Players?
Buttler and England's top order will pull out something ridiculous at some point. So will Andre Russell. Trent Boult will carry NZ's bowling almost single-handedly.

Emerging Players?
I think if Aiden Markram is given a chance in the SA line-up he could have a monster tournament. However it looks like South Africa are going to play Amla and van der Dussen which I think is a mistake.

Buttler

Australia v England, India v Pakistan, Afghanistan v Pakistan.

Semi Finalists?

England, West Indies, New Zealand, India

The Final?

India vs England

Winner?

India

Best Performing Players?

Most runs: Shai Hope
Most wickets: Yuzvendra Chahal

Emerging Players?

All of the Afghans

Andre Russell

The first game
Australia's first game
England vs West Indies

Anything else you want to add?

At least one of the marquee matches will be rained out.

Pakistan's last 2 matches are against Afghanistan and then Bangladesh..
SimplisticFearfulIchneumonfly-small.gif

Semi Finalists? England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan
The Final? India Vs New Zealand
Winner? India
Best Performing Players? Kohli
Player of the Tournament? Kohli
Top 3 games most looking forward to? England V South Africa, the final, Australia V England

Remove this Banner Ad

Back