2019 Cricket World Cup Predictions

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Beauty to kick off proceedings tonight. Opening cermony on.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Heaps of good games. Any of our games against the bigger sides like England, NZ, SA, India are awesome and all those sides against each other. Windies will spice it and even the Paki's can make for a good contest.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
West Indies vs Australia final

India and maybe NZ or England make the semis

England bowling attack is very average.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
West Indies vs Australia final

India and maybe NZ or England make the semis

England bowling attack is very average.

No it isn't.

Plunkett, Archer, Woakes, Stokes, Rashid & Ali has the quality and variety to take out the cup.

Cummins, Starc, NCN & Zampa, the Boult/Southee pairing, the South African lineups & India depending on how their spinners support Bumrah are arguably stronger, but it's not clear cut.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Instinct was India from a while ago would reign supreme. Poms favoured by most. NZ a dangerous beast as we are.

Love it.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
India looked good this morning.

NZ vs Bangladesh was a pearler. Bang had em in trouble for a while. They're a much improved team.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
long way back for SA now being 0-3.
in saying that they have played 2 of the faves already.

6-3 will make the semi's so SA need to win all remaining 6.
one more slip up or a rain effected/washout will have them hoping other results go their way, so that they can sneak in with 5-4 or 5-3-1.

I’d love to see a predicted ladder based on that theory

They’d need some teams above them to cop some unexpected smashings, surely

Let's say they lose to Australia, have a N/R against Afghanistan and win the rest.

NRR wouldn't even be an issue if the teams below them all lose to each other and Australia, England and India go unbeaten from here. This is all based on the remaining fixtures.

India 9-0-0
Australia 9-0-0
England 8-0-1
South Africa 4-1-4
New Zealand 4-0-5
West Indies 4-0-5
Pakistan 4-0-5
Bangladesh 3-0-6
Sri Lanka 1-0-8
Afghanistan 0-1-8

Mar 8, 2007
Sweep shots don't count
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
probably
One of Aus or India (or both if NR) can’t go 9-0 as they play each other

Also at least one would mathematically have to lose to Eng for them to be 8-1

I’m not entirely writing off your theory, just the above doesn’t help at all.

Impossible maths aside, what results have to go their way for that to happen - surely a series of convenient upsets .

IMO they’re gone

One of Aus or India (or both if NR) can’t go 9-0 as they play each other

Also at least one would mathematically have to lose to Eng for them to be 8-1

I’m not entirely writing off your theory, just the above doesn’t help at all.

Impossible maths aside, what results have to go their way for that to happen - surely a series of convenient upsets .

IMO they’re gone

Ah yes, true, I didn't even bother looking at their games with each other because they're irrelevant to the equation. Let's say England beats Australia, India beats England and Australia beats India.

India 8-0-1
Australia 8-0-1
England 7-0-2
South Africa 4-1-4
New Zealand 4-0-5
West Indies 4-0-5
Pakistan 4-0-5
Bangladesh 3-0-6
Sri Lanka 1-0-8
Afghanistan 0-1-8

Not impossible at all. Just a result of the dumb format of the tournament.

RohitSharma

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2015
Bandra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United and Barcelona
India will win the World Cup. The other semi finalists are Australia, England and New Zealand.
India take on New Zealand
Australia vs England

India vs Australia final with Kohli lifting the trophy.

I don't see Aussies surviving against Chahal or Kuldeep. Apart from Smith, Aussies are terrible at playing spin. Now Aussies even have Bumrah to worry about. Not to mention I always can score a double ton against my favorite opposition ;)

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm disappointed at the stupid shortsighted decision to cut out the associates too, but not sure remaining miserable and bitter about what has been a fine start is going to serve you well.

I'm disappointed at the stupid shortsighted decision to cut out the associates too, but not sure remaining miserable and bitter about what has been a fine start is going to serve you well.

This is more about the format than about the lack of Associates, per se. It is, by any measure, a bad format, and I'm curious to see how many dead rubbers we end up with. It is possible that we won't get many, but that would probably be on the back of washouts.

And I have given credit for good matches where it is due. The majority of game have been blowouts, though that is to be expected because that's the nature of ODIs.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
India will win the World Cup. The other semi finalists are Australia, England and New Zealand.
India take on New Zealand
Australia vs England

India vs Australia final with Kohli lifting the trophy.

I don't see Aussies surviving against Chahal or Kuldeep. Apart from Smith, Aussies are terrible at playing spin. Now Aussies even have Bumrah to worry about. Not to mention I always can score a double ton against my favorite opposition ;)
Still not all that confident we will get to the final tbh. Bowling depth is still a big concern and I'm not sure the batting is good enough to make up for it.

If we don't win it I hope India do since it's more than likely it's between them and England.

Back