2019 Debate #1: Scott Morrison vs Bill Shorten (7two/Seven)

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh and also - Blind Freddy can see in that video clip that Cormann is looking beyond Chloe Shorten. That twitter and this forum exploded in indignation about that when it is OBVIOUS and CLEAR that was not the case, then geez, we're dealing with some very dim-witted morons.

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I just don't understand how a polling company can claim they were all undecided when a woman literally went on ABC TV straight after and said she was always going to vote for Bill Shorten.

lol.

It also shows what BS it is when Q&A claims that certain %'s are supporters of each party, in the audience. Der, lefties lie and claim they're not so to get in!

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
I bet The Australian says that Morrison pissed it in, then again, even if Morrison wasn't there they'd say he pissed it in.
Only the fruit loop right wing fringe take any interest in the Murdoch s**t fest. I mean Blot, Devine, Kenny el al are third rate propoganda hacks. It's almost moron incorporated.

I see the SMH actually smashed Newscorpse for circulation. Corpse being the operative word.

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd
A few preliminary points:

1. Labor nearly always "wins" these debates. I'm pretty sure the worm etc. LOVED Latham back in 2004 too, for example, and Kim B in 2001. Labor has the neatest little cliches to appeal to the bogans
2. From the clip shown on ABC News tonight, one of the audience members said they thought Shorten won and "that's who I was always going to vote for anyway". So, if ReachTel and Seven are claiming this was an entire audience of undecideds....
3. The audience members shown on ABC News seemed to be slobs and weirdos - of course Labor voters are home at 5pm in the afternoon.
4. Morrison KILLED Shorten on the voting 78 times against border security - totally killing forever Shortens nonsense Banking Royal Commission line.
5. Morrison KILLED Shorten on misleading about the % of pensioners affected by his franking credit changes.

IF there was a positive for Shorten where he killed Morrison then the ABC couldn't find one. Which we all know it would have been busting to do.

I reckon you'd struggle to write a dumber analysis than this drivel if you tried.

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
After watching a bit of it tonight, Morrison too aggressive and smirky - it's offputting to viewers, most of who don't even get the policy detail.

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon you'd struggle to write a dumber analysis than this drivel if you tried.

Thanks hun - points 1 and 2 are simply statements of fact. Points 4 and 5 lined up with the two most important snippets ABC News decided to show tonight.

If facts are "dumb" to you, that says a lot. lol.

This is a guy that claims he's an undecided swinging voter too.

I don't think anyone here actually buys it.

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
This is a guy that claims he's an undecided swinging voter too.

I don't think anyone here actually buys it.

Definitely not undecided this time lol. I said I've voted for both parties previously, and live in a swinging suburb in a swinging electorate and so am exactly the sort of model voter both parties should be chasing in the centre.

You guys get confused that because I don't like and criticise the far-left online BS, that somehow I'm not an average voter.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
After watching a bit of it tonight, Morrison too aggressive and smirky - it's offputting to viewers, most of who don't even get the policy detail.

The 'Smirk' is his trade mark. FiIK who he thinks would be impressed by such a stupid grin.

Other than that, neither of them are worth a Pinch OS.

Does anyone know who are on Morrison's front bench? How many of them are not 'retiring'?

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
billscottfile-20190429-194612-m14olw.jpg

nuey

Senior List
Apr 30, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Glenelg
A few preliminary points:

1. Labor nearly always "wins" these debates. I'm pretty sure the worm etc. LOVED Latham back in 2004 too, for example, and Kim B in 2001. Labor has the neatest little cliches to appeal to the bogans

Stop the Boats
Jobs and Growth
Great Big New Tax
Lifters not Leaners
Debt and Deficit
Etc

Bogan cliches huh

Back