2019 Debate #2: Scott Morrison vs Bill Shorten (Sky News/Sky News on WIN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shouty McShouty was on full display.
Remember the conniptions that were on display when Gillard knifed Rudd and all those hysterical cries that she was unelected and without a mandate. Now we've got this shouty fat prick running round like people actually voted for him and only he can save the country.

John Howard on Latham's personal aggression and his infamous handshake, as per his autobiography:

There was a tinge of personal aggression in his style which bothered people, particularly some
women. His infamous bullying handshake with me, three days out from the poll, may have shifted
votes.
I knew it was coming, because he had done the same thing before the start of our Leaders’
debate at the beginning of the campaign, but it had not been properly captured on camera and therefore
was not televised. The latter one was well and truly captured. Weeks after the election, NSW Premier
Morris Iemma told me that his wife, Santina, when attending a children’s birthday party near their
home in Beverly Hills, the day after the election, could not find a single woman at the party who had
voted for Latham.
Beverly Hills, an inner suburb of Sydney, was anything but staunch Liberal
territory.

Could the same be said of Morrison's style and his 'space invasion'? If it can be, that potentially spells trouble for Morrison.

One thing in Morrison's favour is that Latham's handshake came a few days out from the election; Morrison's 'space invasion' came two weeks out. Some people may forget about it in that time.

Last edited:
Remember the conniptions that were on display when Gillard knifed Rudd and all those hysterical cries that she was unelected and without a mandate. Now we've got this shouty fat prick running round like people actually voted for him and only he can save the country.
Shows how powerful the right wing media is
and how weak our democracy is because of it

Resonates with me.

tO5GQyH.jpg

Also noted the bully-boy tactics employed by Trump in invading the opponents space in order to intimidate. Emphasise the 'scum' in Scummo.

lol at the 'classic space invader line'. I wonder how long Shorten had to be coached to do what he did? I reckon that 'gotcha' line had been seared into his memory. The poor bloke probably wet his pants having to get that close and be a bit confrontational, so good on him for getting out of his comfort zone and showing a bit of courage.

I don't know what footage some people have been watching, but Morrison was standing close to Bill, not in his personal space, but not far off being in it and Bill is actually the one that continually moves towards Morrison, backing Morrison up. It was obviously a deliberately orchestrated move.

Hey Bill, if Scott gets a bit close and you feel your bladder and bowels loosening up a bit, go the whole hog and move in closer to him.:thumbsu:

Except scomo remover the benefit of the doubt many were giving by adding an unnecessary tweet about lies or something
What like being in surplus scomo?

John Howard on Latham's personal aggression and his infamous handshake, as per his autobiography:

Could the same be said of Morrison's style and his 'space invasion'? If it can be, that potentially spells trouble for Morrison.

One thing in Morrison's favour is that Latham's handshake came a few days out from the election; Morrison's 'space invasion' came two weeks out. Some people may forget about it in that time.

So iemma railing up the women at a birthday party is not bullying?

Irony alert

Just google Morrison images then the same with Shorten. Who’s doing the wisecracks and stunts?
Sociopaths often volunteer they aren’t what everyone else can see they are

“He couldn't do that either. He scurried away,” Mr Morrison said.
“Wisecracks and stunts isn't how you run a country. I'm happy for Bill Shorten to put on a cabaret performance in a debate but that's not how you run a country and that's not what Australians want to see.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It also came in the days before social media and memes.

Irony alert

Just google Morrison images then the same with Shorten. Who’s doing the wisecracks and stunts?

“Wisecracks and stunts isn't how you run a country. I'm happy for Bill Shorten to put on a cabaret performance in a debate but that's not how you run a country and that's not what Australians want to see.”

giphy.gif

Neither Morrison nor Shorten is charismatic and we've known this.

Morrison talks like a 15-year-old pleb and Shorten just doesn't have the aptitude for picking the right tone of voice, body language or facial expression. Shorten says so many good things but he is wooden.

Both are fairly unlikeable. That's why I think the election might be closer than some people think. There will be a fair few people toss up at the last minute which leader they don't like most and vote for the other one. But at the moment it's Labor's to lose.

So you don't agree that Shorten deliberately moved closer to Morrison forcing Morrison to back up?
Why was morrison in his face in the first place ?
How would you respond if someone got in yours ?
scott started it and Bill finished it.

Irony alert

Morrison likes to spin..

Biggest lie in the campaign?

The coalition manage things better

Power generation. NBN. Doubled the debt. Fake surplus next year. Those the biggies, there a huge list of smaller things

Be careful when throwing the lie word around scotty

So you don't agree that Shorten deliberately moved closer to Morrison forcing Morrison to back up?
He backed Shorten into his lecturn, if you look at the wide shot, Morrison was a long way from his own lecturn.

He invaded Shorten’s space, and was roundly smacked down for his attempted intimidation.

It's very funny

A bloke with zero policys, no class who has performed like a fool in parliament throws his boss under the bus and takes over
How biased is this media
Heard of the sword of Damocles

He's exposed a a fraud who has shown he's a bully countless times and yet he's more popular as pm
More trustworthy

Here's a go lets get a ? On the economy

Who the better economic managers

It ain't the nlp

Refer. Independant Australia
Alan Austin

Please read
We need to educate others
Msm won't do it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back