2019 Debate #3: Scott Morrison vs Bill Shorten (National Press Club on ABC/Sky News)

Remove this Banner Ad

concerned that the more Shortern talks the more he reminds people how much they dislike him!

Its got the Hilary Clintons about it this election...Shorten feels he is entitled to the gig based on knifing everyone else.

Didn't Clinton stand aside for Obama?
Shorten would have pushed Gillard to take Rudds job though - clearly too early for Gillard in her career

Sabra Lane was great. Bill squibbed it with his stupid "do you go along with our cancer policy" bullshit. He should have gone for climate change and more particularly coal. It was dumb

The moderator asked Morrison about the NEG debacle, something I’ve been keen to hear them answer correctly, because Turnbull called it the greatest emergency.

Anyway he answered by attacking shorten about costing and the moderator said to shorten what’s your reply. Then Scotty got off Scott free from answering the question altogether

A bit rich for Morrison to go on about avoiding scrutiny after all the parliamentary shenanigans over the last six or seven months

Sabra Lane was great. Bill squibbed it with his stupid "do you go along with our cancer policy" ********. He should have gone for climate change and more particularly coal. It was dumb

Sabra is a million times the professional than other ABC personalities are (Leigh, I'm looking at you).

Sabra treated them like two individuals seeking the PMship. Leigh treats politicians like school children who must give robotic one word responses that align with what she wants to hear as an answer.

Sabra is a million times the professional than other ABC personalities are (Leigh, I'm looking at you).

Sabra treated them like two individuals seeking the PMship. Leigh treats politicians like school children who must give robotic one word responses that align with what she wants to hear as an answer.

Context context context.

Sabra was cordial because the debate was held at the National Press Club and she is its president. It called for a certain amount of decorum. If it was an interview on AM, Sabra would grill the same way Leigh does on 7.30, because that's what's called for in that roll.

Plibersek is a dumb witch. News Corp is running at a loss in Australia.

Not surprised to see you resort to misogynist personal attacks. It's all you've got.

To whom it may concern: 'witch' is a gendered insult. Calling a woman a 'dumb witch' is misogynist.

Last edited:
Context context context.

Sabra was cordial because the debate was held at the National Press Club and she is its president. It called for a certain amount of decorum. If it was an interview on AM, Sabra would grill the same way Leigh does on 7.30, because that's what's called for in that roll.

Requiring an answer is not cordial. Waste of time nd effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was she great?
I thought she wasn't bad but seemed to be nervous trying hard not to show bias given the criticism of ABC.

I have listened/watched her before and quite like her interviewing style and think she would be good on Q&A or Insiders. Does her research well.

For those who think Shorten's debating performances have changed anything...

https://www.smh.com.au/federal-elec...-more-of-an-afterthought-20190507-p51kyl.html

Debates often turn out to be as reliable as poker machines: Rudd, having been judged to have won the debate, lost the election to Abbott - just as John Howard kept losing debates, but winning elections.

Strong debating performances may shift a few votes - I'm sure they did Rudd no harm when he was facing Howard - but I agree that elections are won or lost elsewhere.

No that's not it

:)

Well it's not fear. I'll actually be happy if Bill wins, will give you guys a moment or two of pleasure. I mean, I'm sure you'll be ecstatic with your...free dental plan? No, er, not that, you're not a senior. Your increased childcare wages? Er, no, you don't work in childcare either. Well, I'm sure you'll be happy with something. lol.

Well it's not fear. I'll actually be happy if Bill wins, will give you guys a moment or two of pleasure. I mean, I'm sure you'll be ecstatic with your...free dental plan? No, er, not that, you're not a senior. Your increased childcare wages? Er, no, you don't work in childcare either. Well, I'm sure you'll be happy with something. lol.
I wish i'd kept my teeth now lol

I'll just be happiest seeing the smarmy campaigners who smirked for 6 years be humbled

Funny, I will not be getting any of those freebies but you know what? I don't care because unlike you, I am happy that they will be available to those that can't currently afford it. See how easy it is not to be 'all about me, me, me'?

Gee I wonder when some Australians got so selfish? Maybe it had something to do with little Johnny Howard, then life was good for some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back