Position 2019 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair ....as long as Brown's in your side, you're not going anywhere .....such a "meh" player

Surely you have other KPD options ......agree though Robbo is not a KPD
Logan Austin

Who will take the majority of the kick ins for St Kilda? Webster or Roberton or a bit of a 50:50 split?

Who will take the majority of the kick ins for St Kilda? Webster or Roberton or a bit of a 50:50 split?

Bit of both, maybe Savage with the new play on rule. His ability to kick a long ball would be handy in getting behind the zone

Only Saints player I’d consider is sexy Billings :devil:

If Hanners wasn’t coming in then I’d be strongly considering Jack Steele as well.

Steele firmly on my watch list. Averaged 111 after the bye. All that whilst tagging.

Hanners may affect his scoring but i don't think it will by much. Wait and see on him.

Steele firmly on my watch list. Averaged 111 after the bye. All that whilst tagging.

Hanners may affect his scoring but i don't think it will by much. Wait and see on him.

Definitely on the watch list, considering we can only get him as a midfielder I reckon he’ll be missing out.

Steele reminds me a lot of Dunkley the way they both finished 2018 scoring very very well, only difference is you can get Dunkley as a FWD which is why he’s likely to be in my side.

Definitely on the watch list, considering we can only get him as a midfielder I reckon he’ll be missing out.

Steele reminds me a lot of Dunkley the way they both finished 2018 scoring very very well, only difference is you can get Dunkley as a FWD which is why he’s likely to be in my side.

Agreed. Sadly he's probably 40k too much to risk as a mid only

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what happens to Collins, if you have both Birchell & Roberton .....can't have all 3 :think:
Out of Roberton & Birchall I’d be leaning more toward Roberton. Think Birchall is nearly cooked and has spent a lot of time away from the game lately. Even at 200k he may be no bargain buy

Out of Roberton & Birchall I’d be leaning more toward Roberton. Think Birchall is nearly cooked and has spent a lot of time away from the game lately. Even at 200k he may be no bargain buy
That's a good point .....but also the question remains, how Roberton comes back from his heart scare ??

That's a good point .....but also the question remains, how Roberton comes back from his heart scare ??

Hearts are over rated. Bryce Gibbs has played without one for years...

tenor-96.gif

Hard to know. JLT will reveal a lot of answered questions. Will keep a close eye on the likes of Roberton,Birchall(If even fit),Wingard,Miles,Libba,B.Crouch,Greene etc

Hard to know. JLT will reveal a lot of answered questions. Will keep a close eye on the likes of Roberton,Birchall(If even fit),Wingard,Miles,Libba,B.Crouch,Greene etc
I think the premiums basically pick themselves ......but it's the D3, D4, F3, F4, M5 that seems to cause me the most angst ......don't know why, because it's a fruitless los of sleep, until the JLT and training reports

We could start a thread ....naming your favored "heartless" team of the 2000's .....would be an interesting thread
Gibbs would be captain/coach

Heck let’s just make it the Gibbs 22’

Absolutely. SC insider reckons Robbo will play KPD - thing is we’ve got Brown & Carlisle to do that
No i don't think that Robbo will play KPD, but he is no longer the designated kicker in the team. That goes to Webster. They bypassed Roberton last year to get the ball in Webster's hands. That doesn't mean they will do the same this year, but i watched them both very closely as i had them both in draft. Plus in addition, he is the first person to cop a position change should Carlisle or Brown go down (again). Too much risk and not enough reward for a player who at a max will average 90, who is much more likely to average 75-80, that you can just get from a good rookie tbf.

That's not to say that they will line up the same this year.

In terms of kick-outs it was pretty much dead even between savage and webster if you don't include the games Webster was injured.

I do think it's interesting how Saints will line up. They recruited multiple mature age rookies, it would seem to add immediate depth to their list given the ridiculous amount of injuries to key personnel in 2018. I'm particularly interested in Callum Wilkie and Nick Hind as options and i'm also interested to see how Dean Kent fits in their structure.

Overall i think that the Saints are a very interesting SuperCoach prospect but with so many question marks around them it's a wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back