Position 2019 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's a bigger benefit to the blokes that didn't play on already last year, Hurn/Short etc and a non factor for blokes like Lloyd who played on at every chance?

So it's a bigger benefit to the blokes that didn't play on already last year, Hurn/Short etc and a non factor for blokes like Lloyd who played on at every chance?
I believe so, Lloyd played on quite a lot so a smaller benefit for him but I dare say he will probably increase it again, but % gain would be smaller. Freo played on the least last year, only 8% of the time, so the likes of Ryan/Wilson could benefit.

I think the premiums basically pick themselves ......but it's the D3, D4, F3, F4, M5 that seems to cause me the most angst ......don't know why, because it's a fruitless los of sleep, until the JLT and training reports

Yes except Hurn played on 41% of the time

Jayden Short 16.66%

Sicily 18.75%

Lloyd 29.2%

Witherden 41%

Simpson 48.4%

Connor McKenna 46.75%

Nathan Wilson 17%

Luke Ryan 3.7% LOCKED

Tom Stewart 57.5%

Zac Touhy ~ 35% (Exact figures unknown)

Harbrow - 33.78%

Heath Shaw 57.1%

Jimmy Webster 16.36%

Shane Savage (Exact figures unknown) - Less than 11.26%

Steven May (Exact figures unknown) - Less than 26.6%

Others i'd like to find out are Whitfield and Williams. Pretty much locks in Sicily and Ryan for me and Lloyd just with sheer volume. Also Short and Harbrow heavy targets in draft.

Jayden Short 16.66%

Sicily 18.75%

Lloyd 29.2%

Witherden 41%

Simpson 48.4%

Connor McKenna 46.75%

Nathan Wilson 17%

Luke Ryan 3.7% LOCKED

Tom Stewart 57.5%

Harbrow - 33.78%

Heath Shaw 57.1%

Jimmy Webster 16.36%

Others i'd like to find out are Whitfield and Williams. Pretty much locks in Sicily and Ryan for me and Lloyd just with sheer volume. Also Short and Harbrow heavy targets in draft.

Can you also bracket alongside these figures what %age of kick ins overall they took? Would be very handy

Jayden Short 16.66%

Sicily 18.75%

Lloyd 29.2%

Witherden 41%

Simpson 48.4%

Connor McKenna 46.75%

Nathan Wilson 17%

Luke Ryan 3.7% LOCKED

Tom Stewart 57.5%

Harbrow - 33.78%

Heath Shaw 57.1%

Jimmy Webster 16.36%

McKenna is exactly the type of player I was talking about last week. Was top ten at the combine for 20m sprint, repeat sprints and agility test. Guys like him will just get it and go.

Jayden Short 16.66%

Sicily 18.75%

Lloyd 29.2%

Witherden 41%

Simpson 48.4%

Connor McKenna 46.75%

Nathan Wilson 17%

Luke Ryan 3.7% LOCKED

Tom Stewart 57.5%

Harbrow - 33.78%

Heath Shaw 57.1%

Jimmy Webster 16.36%

Didn't realise Hurn played on that much, I've seen a few people put up the percentages before, must of mixed him up with someone else. Could of sworn Lloyd was a way higher % too.

Luke Ryan is a piece of garbage burn man, won't ever be in my team again.

I'm beginning to really like Witherden as my 3rd defender with Williams and Roberton at D4 and D5. Not long ago i had Lloyd, Williams, Roberton and rookies but i still like the rest of my team with fitting Whitfield and Witherden in there and downgrading Lloyd to Laird. My forwardline is weak so there is a chance i end up with Wingard instead of Witherden but i currently don't have the cash required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With points confirmation of the new kick
In rule, it certainly opens up other options. Witherden & Sicily have certainly peaked my interest now.

1670AB45-73B4-426C-89CC-FD0D9184EFE8.jpeg

Hold up kenty's, hold up....... :raisedhands:

So we should target players who DON'T play on, like spuddy Ryan, and ignore players who DO play on like premiership captain and bachelor Shannon Hurn?

:handpointright::handok:
Not necessarily ignore, but they won't have the same uptick. For example Luke Ryan played on 4 times for his 107. Effectively meaning 4 of those were already considered a disposal. Now he has 103 more. He also missed the last 2 rounds so it should be around 116 for the season but thats neither here nor there. Given an average of 2ppg per disposal (some could be worth more, others less, ie direct clangers etc) that increases his average on last year to 100.55 which is 10.4ppg. If and only if he stepped outside the square for every kick out.

Hurn for example averaged 96.4 - 126 kick outs but already had 52 of them count as a disposal, therefore his increase would be 74. Based on the same theory Hurn's 2018 adjusted average could be 103.1 which is an increase of 6.7ppg.

Again this is only if for every kickin Hurn steps outside the box.

Sicily Adjusted Average 112.5 (7.4ppg increase)

Lloyd 121.8 (9.8ppg)

Thats all i'm working out. I suppose essentially its approximately 5-10ppg increase for heavy kick takers.

Not necessarily ignore, but they won't have the same uptick. For example Luke Ryan played on 4 times for his 107. Effectively meaning 4 of those were already considered a disposal. Now he has 103 more. He also missed the last 2 rounds so it should be around 116 for the season but thats neither here nor there. Given an average of 2ppg per disposal (some could be worth more, others less, ie direct clangers etc) that increases his average on last year to 100.55 which is 10.4ppg. If and only if he stepped outside the square for every kick out.

Hurn for example averaged 96.4 - 126 kick outs but already had 52 of them count as a disposal, therefore his increase would be 74. Based on the same theory Hurn's 2018 adjusted average could be 103.1 which is an increase of 6.7ppg.

Lloyd 121.8 (9.8ppg)

Thats all i'm working out. I suppose essentially its approximately 5-10ppg increase for heavy kick takers.
Some good analysis :thumbsu:

Lloyd 121.8 (9.8ppg)

it's all well and good saying that all the defenders will get an extra 7-10 points a game, but who they get them from? There is only 3300 points allocated to every match, no more, no less.

+1, Cheers for clearing that up cfx.
So going lite in the backs until the top scorers appear is something well worth consideration,
if we have the rooks to back up this tactic that is.

Still tossing up Sicily v Whitfield .....bye structure may decide

1547726006417.png

With points confirmation of the new kick
In rule, it certainly opens up other options. Witherden & Sicily have certainly peaked my interest now.
1547731456293.png
Hai guyz whats that thing around Hurns neck?

hurnhnggg.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back