Position 2019 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily ignore, but they won't have the same uptick. For example Luke Ryan played on 4 times for his 107. Effectively meaning 4 of those were already considered a disposal. Now he has 103 more. He also missed the last 2 rounds so it should be around 116 for the season but thats neither here nor there. Given an average of 2ppg per disposal (some could be worth more, others less, ie direct clangers etc) that increases his average on last year to 100.55 which is 10.4ppg. If and only if he stepped outside the square for every kick out.

Hurn for example averaged 96.4 - 126 kick outs but already had 52 of them count as a disposal, therefore his increase would be 74. Based on the same theory Hurn's 2018 adjusted average could be 103.1 which is an increase of 6.7ppg.

Again this is only if for every kickin Hurn steps outside the box.

Sicily Adjusted Average 112.5 (7.4ppg increase)

Lloyd 121.8 (9.8ppg)

Thats all i'm working out. I suppose essentially its approximately 5-10ppg increase for heavy kick takers.

Can you imagine if 5 of the Top10 SC scorers this year are defenders who's primary role is taking the kickouts? I can't see CD allowing that to transpire. Scoring will be tweeked after JLT if scores are skewed too much towards the kickout takers.

Can you imagine if 5 of the Top10 SC scorers this year are defenders who's primary role is taking the kickouts? I can't see CD allowing that to transpire. Scoring will be tweeked after JLT if scores are skewed too much towards the kickout takers.
This is my thoughts too but I still want some of those juicy kick in points.

I reckon the points come from the difference between a dinky 15m pass to a run and bomb it long 40m+ which automatically counts as an effective kick.

I can see Hurn running 10m unleashing to the wing and JJK Darling Vardy Hickey and flying Ryan Gov Barrass and Schofield all lining up to grab it.
Actually I cant see how we don't win the flag and Barrass averages 100 :moustache:

I reckon the points come from the difference between a dinky 15m pass to a run and bomb it long 40m+ which automatically counts as an effective kick.

I can see Hurn running 10m unleashing to the wing and JJK Darling Vardy Hickey and flying Ryan Gov Barrass and Schofield all lining up to grab it.
Actually I cant see how we don't win the flag and Barrass averages 100 :moustache:

After that Hurn will sprint up the ground for the handball recieve and hit JJK lace out with a 55 metre worm burner for some splendid goal assist pointage

Do you want me to ask the cat? Cause the cats gonna guess it.

I'm certainly factoring this.

Got 5 defenders i think will do the bulk of the season.

Can see defenders holding and increasing value.

Shhhhh Webster is the guy
Genuinely think this is a valid point. With Burnman Savage and Webster for company, do you reckon Robbo's actually gonna play the QB role? Or is Richo gonna plonk him in a back pocket and let small forwards s**t on him?

Genuinely think this is a valid point. With Burnman Savage and Webster for company, do you reckon Robbo's actually gonna play the QB role? Or is Richo gonna plonk him in a back pocket and let small forwards s**t on him?
Qb role for Robbo. He is a tier above on football talent alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo was in the 40 man All Australian squad in 2017. Much better than anyone else we have. And that's coming from me, a big Jimmeh fan.

Robbo was in the 40 man All Australian squad in 2017. Much better than anyone else we have. And that's coming from me, a big Jimmeh fan.
They just don’t get it. We’re s**t, Robbo is our saviour

Anyone considering Milera? Averaged 91.9 through his last 9 games, late season form always reels me in for the next year, but certainly he has all the tricks, he suits the Crows well, they will look to use him, and he is now 43 games into his career which should be enough to see him become an established player from now on.

Anyone considering Milera? Averaged 91.9 through his last 9 games, late season form always reels me in for the next year, but certainly he has all the tricks, he suits the Crows well, they will look to use him, and he is now 43 games into his career which should be enough to see him become an established player from now on.

I really rate Milera, but with Brodie Smith returning along with Laird back there I’m not sure Milera will do enough rebounding off half back to score what we want. Apparently Milera has been training with midfield group so I guess that could be a great thing & he dominates in there, or he takes a bit of time to find his rhythm now in the midfield & perhaps look to bring him in later in the season if he’s scoring well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back