Position 2019 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Taylor and Ballard... Are they worth considering?

Both tonned up. Are they likely to keep up higher scores or do these look like outliers. And how is their JS?

Is Harry Taylor a good trade in for someone who has Collins or Scrimshaw?

If Scrimshaw shits the bed again and Taylor tons up again boy will I be mighty tempted.

Looking at his 2017 numbers, I see 2 scores in the 20s and a bunch under 50. Treloar probably gave him 10 intercept marks.

Looking at his 2017 numbers, I see 2 scores in the 20s and a bunch under 50. Treloar probably gave him 10 intercept marks.

Guess that's a no then. LOL!

Will watch Taylor again this week but I really need to do something about my backline I reckon.

Feel like I am 1 solid scorer short back there.

Maybe if Oliver under performs again then trading him to Butters and Scrimshaw to Lloyd might not be such a bad move. :think:

Can't see the seagull getting cheaper anytime soon....

A ballsy move could also involve going Oliver > Sheed and Walsh > Rocky but still leaves my backline weak.

Will watch Taylor again this week but I really need to do something about my backline I reckon.

Maybe if Oliver under performs again then trading him to Butters and Scrimshaw to Lloyd might not be such a bad move. :think:

A ballsy move could also involve going Oliver > Sheed and Walsh > Rocky but still leaves my backline weak.

I got whitfield but unless I see improvement from Williams in particular. He or Smith are going to become Lloyd asap. Gotta get some mooing done first though.

I got whitfield but unless I see improvement from Williams in particular. He or Smith are going to become Lloyd asap. Gotta get some mooing done first though.

I don't think Smith and Williams are worth worrying about to be honest.

Both had average games and scored 80 odd.

They will both get better from here I reckon and are the least of my worries atm. Haha.

I'm in a similar spot, Scrim/Hore/Duurs/Clarke/Wilkie. All bar Clarke have dodgy JS imo. In your situation I think you'd probably want to make a decision on Oliver, because its well possible his limited preseason is the reason why he underperformed big time. if he ends up being a 600k underperformer while every other kent has Cogs/Fyfe/Neale then the ranga gotta go. Can always give him a week to make better judgement.

I think your best play would be get him for Lloyd via Duur, (play Clarke + someone else). Mid rookies on field look good enough. I think I'm just going to bleed a bit for the next 4-5 rounds before doing an upgrade down there.

IDK how to get Sheed in, Williams down to Ridley and Walsh up if you got spare cash is the only one I see.

I don't think Smith and Williams are worth worrying about to be honest.

Both had average games and scored 80 odd.

They will both get better from here I reckon and are the least of my worries atm. Haha.

Its not that they are bad. Its that my strategy is to get the cream of the crop scorers into my team asap. lloyd and Macrae are top of my hitlist.
Im happy to let the rookies moo for longer and * off smith or williams if they are only going to average 80-90. Smith was always going to be a stepping stone for me. Dont think he has 90+ in him.

I'm in a similar spot, Scrim/Hore/Duurs/Clarke/Wilkie. All bar Clarke have dodgy JS imo. In your situation I think you'd probably want to make a decision on Oliver, because its well possible his limited preseason is the reason why he underperformed big time. if he ends up being a 600k underperformer while every other kent has Cogs/Fyfe/Neale then the ranga gotta go. Can always give him a week to make better judgement.

I think your best play would be get him for Lloyd via Duur, (play Clarke + someone else). Mid rookies on field look good enough. I think I'm just going to bleed a bit for the next 4-5 rounds before doing an upgrade down there.

I thought of another brilliant trade move if Oliver under performs again.

Moore to backline via Burgess and Scrimshaw to bench makes my backline a little better -

Williams, Smith, Moore, Ridley, Clarke, Duursma (Hore, Scrimshaw)

Then to grab potentially the best 2 mid pricers -

Oliver > Sheed and Walsh > Worpel via Setterfield.

This also gives me a link to my mids and forwards.

Really starting to warm up to this idea.

Get rid of an expensive unfit under performer and bring in 2 potential keepers.

I do like the idea of what you said by bringing in Lloyd via Duursma but that still means fielding Scrimshaw which I'm not too keen on unless I move Moore back up to the backline and play Parker - Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Setterfield, Drew, Parker.

Have got Ridley already as you can see from above.

Last edited:
Its not that they are bad. Its that my strategy is to get the cream of the crop scorers into my team asap. lloyd and Macrae are top of my hitlist.
Im happy to let the rookies moo for longer and **** off smith or williams if they are only going to average 80-90. Smith was always going to be a stepping stone for me. Dont think he has 90+ in him.

Give them at least a few weeks and re-access I reckon.

Im happy to let the rookies moo for longer and **** off smith or williams if they are only going to average 80-90. Smith was always going to be a stepping stone for me. Dont think he has 90+ in him.

I think Williams and Smith are the least of our problems and they still have upside. If you look at the main premo defenders, they all pretty much performed at the price or below bar Lloyd and Newman. Def rookies are s**t so its good to have players sit there and not be a rookie. Plus both will make a bit of cash.

I think Williams and Smith are the least of our problems and they still have upside. If you look at the main premo defenders, they all pretty much performed at the price or below bar Lloyd and Newman. Def rookies are s**t so its good to have players sit there and not be a rookie. Plus both will make a bit of cash.

100% agree with you mate.

Williams and Smith the least of my worries atm.

They will both get better from here imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore to backline via Burgess and Scrimshaw to bench makes my backline a little better -

I do like the idea of what you said by bringing in Lloyd via Duursma but that still means fielding Scrimshaw which I'm not too keen on unless I move Moore back up to the backline and play Parker - Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Setterfield, Drew, Parker.

Yeah dont mind that, solves a bunch of problems in two trades. Worpel deserved more points against us, didnt realize he was captain and stuff as a junior and in good hands with Mitchell, expect him to go somewhere in the 90s. Always a risk given his lack of games played but looks great and low risk at that dirt price.

Is Harry Taylor a good trade in for someone who has Collins or Scrimshaw?

If Scrimshaw shits the bed again and Taylor tons up again boy will I be mighty tempted.
Should av about 75 from history, and on the broadcast close-ups I thought he looked like a confused old man that wandered onto the footy field. Fell ass-backwards into a ton.

Thoughts on Newman?
Looked bloody good. I wouldn't be sideways trading a mid-pricer who scored ~80 though, Newman could easily score 60 next week, as he has done over his career. Yes he was more opportunity to shine at the Blues, but still has a tendency to go missing

TBH I'd rather have Scrimshaw on field than Parker purely because of their roles within their teams. I think you're letting 1 game cloud your judgement JM.

Also, entire Dees team (except Salem) were rubbish, even my boi Gus. The team will bounce back and Olipig will be leading the charge.

TBH I'd rather have Scrimshaw on field than Parker purely because of their roles within their teams. I think you're letting 1 game cloud your judgement JM.

Also, entire Dees team (except Salem) were rubbish, even my boi Gus. The team will bounce back and Olipig will be leading the charge.

Yeah I'm probably overreacting a bit. LOL!

My mind is always thinking about trading but maybe best just to wait another week and re-access.

IF Norths defence continues to be peppered surely Macmillan is going to get 11-12 kickouts a game at least...wouldn't write him off yet for seagulling his way to CD fame

Scott Thompson missed Rd1 due to suspension. He's straight back in this week and will probably take more kick-outs than Macmillan.

Sam Taylor and Ballard... Are they worth considering?

Both tonned up. Are they likely to keep up higher scores or do these look like outliers. And how is their JS?

Ballard interesting.

Scored very well in both JLT too.

Was very tough to take given his year last year, but another good game this week will make me look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back