Position 2019 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Williams a lock?

Priced at 75 for someone who has averaged 94 before (with further upside). Full pre season after scoring 117 and 77 in the finals. Aged early 20s. He passed Heater for duties in his pre-injury year and is seemingly preferred over Whitfield for HBF duties.

:thumbsu: Value
:thumbsu: Age
:thumbsu: Preseason
:thumbsu: History
:thumbsu: Position
:thumbsu: JLT

People complaining about the forward line but how can you like the defenders?

The top 3:
Shakey as in JLT: Sicily, Laird
Limited vision (important due to new rules): Lloyd

Of the next rung:
Old: Simpson, Hurn, Shaw
Injured: Docherty, Blakely
Interrupted Pre-season: Crisp
Positional uncertainty: Whitfield
KPD stuffed under new rules: Rance, Hurley, Howe, McGovern, Ryan, Andrews

Roll the dice on mid price:
Witherden, Short, Milera, Mills, Hibberd, Newman, McGrath, Roberton, Smith, Moore

The one true lock:
Williams

At least the forward line you have Danger and Heeney as a walk up lock and you only have to make 1-2 picks. Outside of Williams the defense is a lottery

I can see Ryan Clarke becoming a bit of a fantasy pig in his natural midfield role.

Worth considering if you want the biggest POD possible.

Probably better suited to AFL Fantasy though.

Priced at 75 for someone who has averaged 94 before (with further upside). Full pre season after scoring 117 and 77 in the finals. Aged early 20s. He passed Heater for duties in his pre-injury year and is seemingly preferred over Whitfield for HBF duties.

SHUT.UP

SSSHHHHHH

Crisp, Andrews, Williams, Smith, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma, Hore

Would prefer Moore for Scrimshaw but he fills a need as F5. Hope Andrews doesn't get sent forward.

Imagine the melts if Roberton went to hospital after R1 instead of JLT? Dodged a bullet there.

Think I'm gonna go with the skinny defense maneuver again that served me well last year.

It's the only way to get decent other lines.

Going with this backline as suggested by someone else on here -

Willams, B.Smith, Roberton, Ridley, Clark, Duursma

The backs like Laird and Lloyd are too expensive so I will wait for them to drop in price and then swoop on them.

Heath Shaw averaged more (210/2 games) than Williams (82/1 game) in JLT. Shaw is a know stat peddler who doesn't mind the easy kick. The kick - ins from my eyes would seem that Heater will try to coincidentally be there to take the cheap kick in almost every time. I like Williams and have him (and Shaw) currently at D3 (Shaw D2) but feel he won''t end up being in the top 6 defenders. (have loaded up elsewhere to allow me the opportunity to decipher who will end up being the top 6 - 10 defenders this year.

Heath Shaw averaged more (210/2 games) than Williams (82/1 game) in JLT. Shaw is a know stat peddler who doesn't mind the easy kick. The kick - ins from my eyes would seem that Heater will try to coincidentally be there to take the cheap kick in almost every time. I like Williams and have him (and Shaw) currently at D3 (Shaw D2) but feel he won''t end up being in the top 6 defenders. (have loaded up elsewhere to allow me the opportunity to decipher who will end up being the top 6 - 10 defenders this year.

Williams had 53% TOG for that 82 (20 Touches). Shaw turns 34 this year with his last two years being his worst since 2010. Pretty big gambit that the 6-6-6 rule change and his kickouts propels him back to relevancy. Given difference in prices I don't think there is even an argument between the two.

I agree that picking top defenders this year is very hard - per my original post I doubt a KPD makes top 10 and I expect regression for Laird and Sicily (and probably Lloyd). Anyone that can nail ~3 picks (1-2 premos + 1-2 midpricers) is going to come out looking golden.

Think I'm gonna go with the skinny defense maneuver again that served me well last year.

It's the only way to get decent other lines.

Going with this backline as suggested by someone else on here -

Willams, B.Smith, Roberton, Ridley, Clark, Duursma

The backs like Laird and Lloyd are too expensive so I will wait for them to drop in price and then swoop on them.

What are you doing if Roberton doesn't play Rd1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zac Williams only played half a game to average that 82...

IMO Roberton is un pickable. I am still unsure where I’ll go with this pick.
I've traded him out, as much as I'd love to see him play. It a really sad story because the guy is such a good player.

“It wasn't too scary. You never really feel too good after a game anyway, so it wasn't too different, but I just thought obviously with what happened last year, I thought it was best to let the docs know and then take all the precautions," Roberton said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back