St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
But but but Purple keeps saying he will be handed over for pick 32 with no arguments from us!

Damian Barrett?

Poor chap. Struggling a smidge.

Talking of struggling, a caller on Trade Radio asked Terry Wallace what value Josh Bruce commands in a trade. Wallace didn’t answer but said Saints have to move him on, as if it’s a fire sale. No explanation. Nothing.

Quite bizarre.

Exactly what I thought .
I reckon pick exchanges & Ryder

StCicatriz said:
Wouldn't the list boss we there then. Also cripps would be in Melb for the combine and trade period opening on Monday.

I reckon it's something yet to be agreed to. So not Ryder.

But but but Purple keeps saying he will be handed over for pick 32 with no arguments from us!

Damian Barrett?

Talking of struggling, a caller on Trade Radio asked Terry Wallace what value Josh Bruce commands in a trade. Wallace didn’t answer but said Saints have to move him on, as if it’s a fire sale. No explanation. Nothing.

Quite bizarre.

Last edited by a moderator:

He was over here. It's a generic contract trade paper work. Doubt it even needs to be done early.

Ratts wouldn't need to be there either.

We are chasing something I think. It would have to be someone best 22. If the coach is there to sell it. Or it's a footy dept appointment.

Either way something positive.

Maybe Howard? But wouldn't he just tour the club's like Keath did?

Sounds like something specific. Which makes me think it's footy dept stuff. Like an assistant.
My thought was Howard too, but the football department makes sense.
Who is in Adelaide we would want right now?

What an interesting week, we’ve had the media under valuing our players, some posters over valuing our players, list managers telling us what they will pay for our players, list managers saying what we will pay for their players, which in turn has been met with some massive melts on this site. But other than Ratts telling all and sundry that he wants Bruce and Steven playing at the Saints, there has been no noise from our so called money men.(very pleasing)
IMO we will do very well in this trade period, the club is run by very successful businessmen who haven’t gotten to where they are by making rash decisions. I personally are looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Damian Barrett?

Quite bizarre.
No surprise from Terry there. He has very little time for anything positive about us.

Yes. Maybe Dougal Howard.
Dougal is apparently weighting up weather or not he wants out with a number of club's pitching to him. Port are ok with him sounding that out too.

If he has multiple club's looking at him why wouldn't he just fly over and do the tour like keath?

It's either a footy dept pick up or a player who hasn't been mentioned and is a more sensitive sell. More like when geelong flew over to interview boak which was a sensitive sell at the time.

Getting someone like Ryder could have opened the door to someone else.

Somethings not right at both Adelaide clubs. It's like they're both up the s**t cap wise or are in some massive bidding war where they need to free up bulk cap ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Maybe Dougal Howard.
Dougal is apparently weighting up weather or not he wants out with a number of club's pitching to him. Port are ok with him sounding that out too.

If he has multiple club's looking at him why wouldn't he just fly over and do the tour like keath?

It's either a footy dept pick up or a player who hasn't been mentioned and is a more sensitive sell. More like when geelong flew over to interview boak which was a sensitive sell at the time.

Somethings not right at both Adelaide clubs. It's like they're both up the s**t cap wise or are in some massive bidding war where they need to free up bulk cap ASAP.

You don't travel to Adelaide for the Ryder deal. Something else is up.
Pie Floaters?

8eAtyR0.jpg

Not one of Lonie's attempts at tackling have ever stuck. Let alone his attempts at kicking a goal. Please don't try and compare these two as footballers. Do you think any team might consider giving up a first round pick for Lonie?
The statisticians don't count them as tackles if they don't stick you goose.

Why bother getting out of bed in the morning Crusty. That’s the most glass half empty appraisal.
Sometimes I ask myself that question too. I don't think it's being negative, just realistic. Our future is with the players who've already seperated themselves from the chaff, not with those who haven't.

Wouldn't the list boss we there then. Also cripps would be in Melb for the combine and trade period opening on Monday.

I reckon it's something yet to be agreed to. So not Ryder.

Picks , we are trying to land 4 players and retain 3-4 picks in the draft .
Currently we have 6 , 53 , 77 , 79
Lots of work to do.
Lethlean will be circling like a shark.

Wines is the interesting one
That name and SPP names just don't go away. It's like port know they need to shed cap space.

SPP was very close to Ryder. He has had offield issues too. But I don't think itd be as sensitive for him to leave or be seen to leaving.

Wines is captain material there. A Victorian boy. Dropped at the end of the year. Has limitations. That could be a possibility.

Maybe it's more footy dept though. I have no idea who the assistant coaches are over there. Plus we have finalised our coaching group. Although the director of coaching wasn't finalised so there might be bandwidth there. Also in the development space there's room. Especially around the midfield.

Imagine if it was sloan. That would send shockwaves across the comp.

He's been over and met with the clubs in pretty sure. Might be a follow up?

I really like him as a key defender. Would be a perfect replacement for Brown round one, but his cost will be an issue.

That name and SPP names just don't go away. It's like port know they need to shed cap space.

SPP was very close to Ryder. He has had offield issues too. But I don't think itd be as sensitive for him to leave or be seen to leaving.

Wines is captain material there. A Victorian boy. Dropped at the end of the year. Has limitations. That could be a possibility.

Maybe it's more footy dept though. I have no idea who the assistant coaches are over there. Plus we have finalised our coaching group. Although the director of coaching wasn't finalised so there might be bandwidth there. Also in the development space there's room. Especially around the midfield.

Imagine if it was sloan. That would send shockwaves across the comp.
No interest in Sloane. Can't be spending decent draft picks on 30 year olds.

He's been over and met with the clubs in pretty sure. Might be a follow up?

I really like him as a key defender. Would be a perfect replacement for Brown round one, but his cost will be an issue.
Port fans seem to think first rounder. He's contracted too isn't he?

So it'd be like bruce for us. I dunno why he'd need a follow up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back