List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets say we had the option of Hill or Whitfield. Who would you sell the house for?

Hypothetical of course. Whitfield isn't coming.

Clearly Whitfield but GWS will never let him go and pay him whatever it takes so its a moot point.

What about Tom Phillips instead of Hill?
Similar stats.....3 years younger....

Would he cost less trade wise? Would 12 get it done?

Phillips plays so wide, he runs into blokes smoking out on the concourse.

There’s no comparison between the two IMO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im not familiar enough to know if that is intended as a joke ..or not...but either way ...Politely...So What? I'm sick of hearing about the KINGS ...either way....not interested in who we are not getting ...just the facts on who we are adding and who we are loosing...
Get with the programme Prophetic; that is classic BF comedy gold. Keeps us smiling in times of doubt.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Tom Browne reported that Ben King re-signed for two to two & a half times the market rate. We are taking 700-900k PA if Browne is correct which is highly questionable.

Wouldn't be surprised if the AFL made sure that the deal was too good to refuse. They need GC to work and King would be a big part of it. You reckon they would only have a short amount of time to really get this club up and functioning otherwise all of the concessions just given will be for nothing.

Why does anyone want to "forget about Hill" - he IMO is integral to any improvement we make next year.

Without a doubt, in light of Ben King re-signing, he is the MOST IMPORTANT deal we have to do. If it doesn't get done this trade period is a failure IMO.
The Hill trade needs to happen for Hill, Saints and future trades

Would we be happy with 12 and 2020 1st for Hill and 26 (ZJones)

Could keep Bruce then.
I'd be happy with that as LCS.

If we get something back, I don't mind using our 2020 1R

Why does anyone want to "forget about Hill" - he IMO is integral to any improvement we make next year.

Without a doubt, in light of Ben King re-signing, he is the MOST IMPORTANT deal we have to do. If it doesn't get done this trade period is a failure IMO.

I hate the thought of him leaving Freo, he would be amazing at the Saints. You'd get 200 games out of him.

Tom Browne reported that Ben King re-signed for two to two & a half times the market rate. We are taking 700-900k PA if Browne is correct which is highly questionable.
Lloyd and Damo discussed similar points. Lloyd seemed to be genuinely shocked that he did resign right now, and not wait and see how the first half of next year goes. But then they commented that he is no doubt going to be a wealthy man and that some of the extension will likely be paid this year, so essentially, instead of still getting his rookie contract wage, Ben will be making really, really good money in his second year.

Seems like Gold Coast made the offer extremely attractive and maybe Ben's parents and manager told him that it would be silly to reject it & that nothing is stopping him from requesting a trade next season.

I’m glad Ben got his payday, but here we go again king on overs, Ellis on overs, Weller on overs and cap rooted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd wait until Wednesday night if I were you. If we miss out on Hill as well the melts will go down in bigfooty folklore.

We've been so s**t for so long that we finally had something to get excited about and we end up looking like such dicks haha.

TBH I'm more excited for Howard and Butler.

I'd rather we go after the 2 Toms (Cutler and Phillips) for the midfield given they would cost much less than Hill.

Scenario for Bruce, Keath and Jones.

Dogs to send 13, 32 and 53 to Adelaide for 23, 28 and Keath (roughly pick 34 on the AFL Draft Value Index) . Dogs then send Pick 23 or 28 to St Kilda for Bruce which then goes to Sydney for Jones.

Would you sign up to that deal?

No. I’d want pick 13 to go to us rather than Adelaide.

Lloyd and Damo discussed similar points. Lloyd seemed to be genuinely shocked that he did resign right now, and not wait and see how the first half of next year goes. But then they commented that he is no doubt going to be a wealthy man and that some of the extension will likely be paid this year, so essentially, instead of still getting his rookie contract wage, Ben will be making really, really good money in his second year.

Seems like Gold Coast made the offer extremely attractive and maybe Ben's parents and manager told him that it would be silly to reject it & that nothing is stopping him from requesting a trade next season.
I reckon this is on the money. I know for a fact his Dad was expecting him at Saints next year (going back 4-5 months ago)

What about Tom Phillips instead of Hill?
Similar stats.....3 years younger....

Would he cost less trade wise? Would 12 get it done?
Was going to post this one myself. Very similar stats wise and is a few years younger. Would cost considerably less in a trade. I think a pick around 20-25 would get it done. Pies need cap space.
We should leak it to the media to get freo to sweat. It would also prompt Hills manager to fire up to get the deal done.
Geelong have the trade currency for Hill but not the cap space. That infos leaked to get us to sweat into getting the deal done.

So do we now do 12 & next years first for Hill? Back ourselves in for a good year.
Next years first with all the concessions isn't likely to be a top 10 pick.

Pick 12 & 2020 1st rounder for Hill & Freo's 2nd rounder?

That would be somwhat similar to the Treloar & Shiel deals, but slightly cheaper as they went for top 10 picks.

Good business for Bing and GCS, hats' off to them.

He is clearly on decent coin (maybe not as much as reported, but would be good coin). GCS get to up his trade value if he wanted to leave prior to the end of the contract; and I suspect their cap may be a little like ours in that they're paying overs to some players; might as well be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back