List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Footy's(Trade Talk) John Ralph saying Port are keen on 12&18 for 10.
If it's 10 Ryder and Howard no late picks I'd be happy to do that.

Bruce and a future 4th for 32 and a third on traded for Jones.

Buttler for a nothing late pick

Hill for 10 and a future second and maybe acres if bell keeps being bell.

We have plenty of cash to burn

Who knows tbh, they just seem keen on keeping pick 13

It’s called trading....you actually have to give something reasonable to get something reasonable back..

Fox Footy's(Trade Talk) John Ralph saying Port are keen on 12&18 for 10.

Assume that includes Howard and Ryder.
10 and next years third to Freo. That’s my final offer ☺️

Surely more to that one though?

Start with pk6, end up with pk10?

Yeah, Ralphy showing his investigative skills and coming up very short.

Youd hope they throw in Ryder for that...

Howard as he has "worth"as a first rounder, Ryder is steak knives.

We should just keep Bruce now.
Especially with Bing re-signing with GC.
Just tell the dogs it’s pick 13 or he plays with us next year and walk away.

Pick 28 for Bruce?

Christ dogs should've been all over that 4 way trade
WTF?
Its not like we're asking two firsts like some other club who shall remain anonymous called Fremantle

View attachment 764313

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly believe that if we miss out on Hill that Bruce and Steven stick around?

How do you know the goal posts moved? Did Fremantle ever come out and say they wanted to trade Hill or that they'd let him go for 6 and a future 2nd?

The board is giving our guys so much benefit of the doubt at every turn.
Given that Lethlean and Gallagher still think the deal could be done even after splitting Pick 6 makes me pretty certain that our initial offer was consistent with the pre trade week discussions. Clear that Bell thought he could squeeze more out of the deal after the Kelly deal went through. he may or may not - but I don't think we will cave substantially simply to get Hill. He's not worth it.

I'm confused - are you saying Bruce and Steven are gonna spit the dummy and not play if Hill doesn't turn up. They are contracted - if we don't trade them they stay.

Last edited:
I feel that we are struggling with the concept of getting something reasonable back.

Bruce for Jones, FMD...

It’s not us that are struggling, we all think he’s worth more.
Not sure why the Dogs offered such a great deal to Bruce because they sure as s*#t don’t seem to think he is worth much.

This cracks me up!

Bulldogs wanna get a key backman and forward in and STILL hold on to pick 13! Why? What's so good about 13 to them that they miss out on two pieces of a spine?

This just smacks of an insecure list manager trying to win the trade period instead of making his list better.

It’s not us that are struggling, we all think he’s worth more.
Not sure why the Dogs offered such a great deal to Bruce because they sure as s*#t don’t seem to think he is worth much.

Always the way generally, you enter the conversation with money and then you show your hand in dealing with whomever owns what you want how badly you actually want it.

By reports, us and Freo are talking, us and the Dogs not so much.

Exactly
The second is sugar on top, lets be honest. Its a good deal
Buckenara is right the only problem is because of the contract and the $ being offered Fremantle were only ever going to accept more than he's worth.
If Saints had covered 6 plus 2nd rd (massive overs) it would have been done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back