List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, my Richmond mates were the worst before they won a GF. Every year they wished they'd fold and everyone was sacked. Melbourne mates too. It's just the way footy fans roll. When s**t works out you act like a ******* and when s**t is going wrong you want everyone in the club burnt at the stake.

Great stuff

Potential 1.8 million $ handout to GC outside the SC for two players over three years.

Just so corrupt.
I just do. I know what GC are paying and what the AFL are giving him p.a as an 'Ambassador'.

I know when it went down and also it completely blindsided our admin who thought 100% he would come after next season.

I am no ITK BTW.

They are huge accusations without any evidence.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were true, but to run with it like it is a fact just makes us look like site losers inventing a conspiracy to save face.

Mate I'm calm, when I say that I've seen nothing to fill me with confidence in Leathers and Gallagher I'm not saying they've s**t the bed, I'm just saying that they haven't done anything yet. If they land all 5 for a reasonable price things will change, I just don't get why people are celebrating our team like they're the best in the business when they have yet to achieve anything.
Yet to achieve anything? Mate, they're yet to even actually make the team in the first place.

Don't care how you do it Saints, just do it!

If we don't get an early 20's pick or even try and get 13 by send something back ala 37 then we have officially lost it and got bent over.

If port is asking a first rounder for Howard, then by that we should be asking for 2 for Bruce who has runs on the board!

Our guys need to get on the front foot and use the media more to get them onside. Compare Bruce to Daniher stats wise and take it from there.
Agree with your first two points but honestly hope our guys are not swayed one bit by what the media think.

That sort of corruption should be referred to the Australian Sports Commission or whoever handles integrity issues at this level. Its a complete abuse of office by the AFL. They had want to be careful they are treading in some very murky waters!
The AFL have been manipulating this competition for decades sometimes behind the scenes sometimes quite blatantly.

Everything from the fixture to zones etc, the great con is really based around the expansion teams in the northern states. They AFL know that to survive let alone thrive they must be successful, even a team that seems well established now like Sydney quickly starts to struggle without winning on the park.

Stop and have a think about what that means to the lesser lights like St Kilda.

Yet to achieve anything? Mate, they're yet to even actually make the team in the first place.

Don't care how you do it Saints, just do it!

Yet we have half the board talking about how good it is to finally have a first class group of operators in charge. This is based off of nothing but wishful thinking.

Is Leathers outsmarting Bell or vice versa? It just depends on which club you support it would seem.

We are celebrating these guys more than we did Ameet and even that was ridiculous, especially with hindsight suggesting he built a bottom 4 list.

I bet if it was West Coast and Collingwood who were looking to poach Lukosius and King, the AFL wouldn't have done a single thing about it.
yes they would have ... thier priority is GC ... now if it was WCE or Collingwood tryin to poach someone off us after we had the season GC had then they wouldnt give a hoot

If we didn't finish bottom 4 this year I don't see us likely to next year, if we add Hill, Jones, Howard, Ryder, King, Butler, perhaps Robbo and Bytel, hopefully a much fitter Carlisle and Hannebery and only really at the expense of Bruce at this stage.

We could be a much better team. Much.

I hope so but we have to jump a lot of improving sides. Dogs, Carlton, GC, Melbourne etc will improve. Swans, Crows go backwards IMO. I think we will stay bottom 4 for another year. We were only a point better side than GC and we lose a good percentage of our regular scoring without Bruce. Hill is the only player I imagine would make a big boost on field. If Hanners can stay fit and King plays like a god things can change but a lot would have to go right for us. I think we can be a much better side without going up the ladder. The big improvement will come when Hunter, Battle and co all start to get between 50 and 100 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This place has turned upside down, because of a player who is a 19 year old kid who was 1% chance to come this year? :rolleyes: Save all of the melts for 7.31pm Wednesday night.
It has not. A majority of us are actually relieved that we don't have the distraction of this turn of events to prevent us from getting deals done.

Me included.

Not saying I never wanted Bing but I admit I wasn't much more than lukewarm on the idea.

think of it this way - we go into this draft with three players keen on us and only pick 6 and 59 and futures to make it happen.

We then split that pick to get everyone there!

If we didn't already have the tag destination club we would after a TP like that - it's not about winning TP as far as I'm concerned. Win premierships.

The AFL have been manipulating this competition for decades sometimes behind the scenes sometimes quite blatantly.

Everything from the fixture to zones etc, the great con is really based around the expansion teams in the northern states. They AFL know that to survive let alone thrive they must be successful, even a team that seems well established now like Sydney quickly starts to struggle without winning on the park.

Stop and have a think about what that means to the lesser lights like St Kilda.

In a perfect comp they would merge St Kilda and Melbourne. Then either relocate North to Hobart or merge them with the Dogs and establish a 3rd WA team and a team in Tassie.

Can someone explain to me why it would be a disaster though. This club has been so ******* conservative since the 5 year plan at some point we need to make some moves. We used two first rounders in 2017, took elite talent last year, will be bringing some in this year if we land Hill. Why is having our first rounder next year, in the most compromised draft in history, so important?

I wouldn't say we haven't been conservative. We have tried to fast track by selling off players and picks. Conservative would have been to use the high end draft religiously and once you had a fairly good spread of kids grabbed a few older talented players to ice the cake. We have turned over pretty much the entire list in 6 years and more than half in 3.

Thats the AFL.

They paid for Lockett to go
They paid for Hall to go
They paid for Bing not to come.

Its the way the AFL operate their level playing field competition.
What I don't get is.....

The AFL are ******* Bipolar.

They don't want to eternally pay for Saints to be on life support. They sent in previous admin and now Lethers, Gubby to fix the club which clearly they are doing. However, why bother doing so when s**t like this, academy, FS, Zones are raping the pool of players along with Priority picks, ****ed up fixture, marquee games, ambassador payments and undercover expansion club handouts. It's an absolute joke. My rusted on grip to the game is slipping as we speak.

In a perfect comp they would merge St Kilda and Melbourne. Then either relocate North to Hobart or merge them with the Dogs and establish a 3rd WA team and a team in Tassie.
Exactly. People love knocking the afl but if it wasn’t for expansion and the will of the last 2 afl commissions to not lose or merge clubs we would be gone. It’s not the afl fault we are no body club. We had our chances to be a somebody club around 2010. There is only one area we can blame for not becoming a bigger club and it’s us. Now we don’t get king and it’s the afl fault. Laughable.

Mate I'm calm, when I say that I've seen nothing to fill me with confidence in Leathers and Gallagher I'm not saying they've s**t the bed, I'm just saying that they haven't done anything yet. If they land all 5 for a reasonable price things will change, I just don't get why people are celebrating our team like they're the best in the business when they have yet to achieve anything.
we got 5 guys to nominate us ... thats a win in anyones mind ... nothing has happened for 90% of the clubs this trade period so yes we cant celebrate them as heros yet but the fact this late in the peice we are still in the action for all these players is light years ahead of where we were the last 3 years ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back