List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we re-signed some duds who have been on the list for multiple years but we will make quick calls on kids after half a season.. okay then
Not my call... though I would prefer to resign pink and wicks. Can we re-rookie pink or has he had his time on the rookie list?

Taylor, Gulden, Campbell... We will probably pick up Serong at this rate. Dalrymple certainly rates the little people.

I don't care how big players are as long as they can play football.

It would be refreshing to see a Swans side with serious pace.

Not my call... though I would prefer to resign pink and wicks. Can we re-rookie pink or has he had his time on the rookie list?

not sure about Pink. But again it’s just weird as I would’ve re-signed Pink, Hirst and Wicks ahead of the lot we did last week. They have more upside than the others with the exception of McLean.

I don't care how big players are as long as they can play football.

It would be refreshing to see a Swans side with serious pace.
You'd be sweating on this mooted Cunningham trade than.

Awesome place to live.
After spending a stack of time working/living abroad I always enjoy coming home.
I do have a soft spot for Sydney though and I’ll be there for the next few days working

Anyway about that trade, I just can’t see you offering pick 5&9, think it might be 9 and either a future second or a player from a third party. I still believe a deal will get done

Looks like that ad campaign worked with you G8.;)

I would rage if we traded Cunningham, would be gutted.

He signed an extension this year as well, so can't see him being traded.
Agree. He is both fast and has a good tank. Kicks well and is a good set shot. If Taylor came in and Cunningham went out, we would be the losers.

Too busy.... trying to contact Paul and Tammy Roos to run a pre season camp, and trying to lure Kirky to be assistant coach in charge of Zen meditation for PTSD players.

Forget P&T for now Corpi, ring Rhyce of the recently promoted and offer our missing Melbourne boy band duo - Paps and Jones.
Norf of the south once had eyes for both boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Taylor will be a good pick up for you guys. He has a tonne of talent. He's a small guy and he hasn't been played in a consistent position at the Lions shifting from the wing to small forward.

Sad to see him go. I think given the chance he Can grow into a damaging player. He has had some great games for us.

Strengths:
Super evasive.
Speed around the contest.
Good skills
Natural footballer.

Weaknesses:
Due to his size he can get thrown off his opponent too easily... however we've seen this improve.
Gut running isn't a strength.

For what you'll need to give us for him he could be a massive bargain given a set role to play and time to settle in.

Last edited:
This Tullamarine team come across as a difficult lot to trade with on all angles.

Lead by their Leader of leaks Lloyd - their frothing former forward. And Count Dodoro, The Doyen of Deals.
Very frustrating for us, one would think in gaining Joe The Groin.

Pretty happy we are recruiting Taylor like his tackle evasion skills. Can see him hitting a big leading forward on the chest once he breaks away.

Some quick to poo on him, perhaps wait to see how he gels with our players

Also he gets a few free kicks that always helps!

I think Taylor will be a good pick up for you guys. He has a tonne of talent. He's a small guy and he hasn't been played in a consistent position at the Lions shifting from the wing to small forward.

Sad to see him go. I think given the chance he Can grow into a damaging player. He has had some great games for us.

Strengths:
Super evasive.
Good skills
Natural footballer.

Weaknesses:
Due to his size he can get thrown off his opponent too easily... however we've seen this improve.

For what you'll need to give us for him he could be a massive bargain given a set role to play and time to settle in.

Speed, good clean handler below the knees , short but good kick.

History of turning Cortina's into Ferrari beaters! (Jetta took years to even lay a tackle).

A back up option, with a chance!!!! IF Papley goes?

Looks like that ad campaign worked with you G8.;)
Lived here on and off for nearly 40 years and if you are on a half decent wage you can live like a king here. All depends what you want in life I suppose ;)
But back to the subject at hand, I still believe Daniher will be playing for your lot next year, we won’t be holding him. I’d expect Joe’s manager to start ramping up the heat on us very soon

Strengths:
Super evasive.
Good skills
Natural footballer.

Weaknesses:

Would you say he's better suited as a wingman or a small forward?

Good to be getting a previous rising star winner for not much. Taylor will be good given consistent opportunity. You're no slouch if you win that award.

On a side note.

We could recruit the 5 best players in the comp and people on here wouldn't still be happy.

Hate the constant negativity about players especially new recruits. No player is perfect.

Give the man a break and some time to show what he's made of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back