List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed we didn't get what we wanted, offered 2 first round picks (Pick 9 and a future first round next year) and the Bombers stuck to their guns with their opening salvo being we want a player knowing full well we were not giving a player. We stuck firm and no deal done, disappointing but not devastating. We keep someone no one wanted to lose as a result. We move on Jones who most here were not upset about and Cameron who everyone thought was no loss, bring in a player who has been known for his ball use, speed and a previous rising star (albeit not in that form right now). At worst we are status quo at best slightly in front. But it would of been awesome to land Joe.

Now we have to draft .... our first selection should be Green from GWS, then when that is matched, I would look at Flanders, Kemp or Stephens as they all can improve the midfield and are good with their ball distribution. I assume Young and Serong may well be gone, if either of those are available I have said Young before and I would say Young again....watched him live for Dandenong a couple of times and in the rep games, I really like him, can read the ball and makes good decisions and is gutsy.he potentially frees up Mills to play mid if that is the plan and will head to the Mids himself at some stage.
Do you really think we will reach for Stephens? Most phantoms have him around 12.

If we get Daniher next season as a free agent Dodo will look like even more of a fool
They will match the offer unless we finish above them on the ladder and they get a band 1 comp

If we flat out refused to discuss either 5 or a player then we could never have been that keen.
I'm sure we would have happily offered up someone like Menzel but I bet the players on their list were like Mills or Blakey

The big focus for us now is to concern ourselves with who is here, so on that note I wonder how Papley feels with his deal falling over. I hope he is able to put it all behind him and get on with preparing for 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure we would have happily offered up someone like Menzel but I bet the players on their list were like Mills or Blakey
Well fair enough.

But if players like Hewett, McCartin or Florent were palatable to Essendon, I think we've made a blue.

Disgruntled Papley

He was on his way already moved out of Sydney apparently
It was Carlton who screwed that up, not us.
9 for Martin and 15 and later pick for Paps. Pretty fair trade but Carlton let it slip. We didn't have anything in the teens to do it the other way around.

Some hilarious melts on other boards, am I allowed to post a portion of one?

"The AFL Suns are a disgrace of an organisation and the anti Carlton bias at the AFL is immense. The same AFL that gave Geelong a 1st Rd pick for Steve Motlop free agency to on trade to the Suns, the Ablett deal over the line. With all the concessions they’ve received for their own ineptitude, a gentlemen’s agreement should have been struck to see a deal done. Bugger Jack Martin now; let him stay at the Suns, and they can have an unhappy player at their ramshackle club. Craig Cameron is a knob, I can tell you all"

Everyone calm down - if JD changes his mind so flippantly and decides he doesn’t want to come to the swans next year he isn’t the type of player we want. We need blokes who are mentally strong, not just physically. I trust he will stay true to his word and want to join us next year. 2 weeks ago, half you lot were choking thinking we were going to offer pick 5 alone for him! Don’t let the media get in your head! We haven’t lost this!

I am a massive fan of JD but we stood firm and didn’t sell the farm for him. Let’s be honest, next year we wouldn’t be contending anyway so what’s a year to wait?

dons didn't want another mid, or HBF or jobber.
They wanted a replacement for Joe.
Someone to kick goals...a star.

Cause "they are in the window"

So Heeney and 5/9 for Joe ?

Umm what?
For some on here done deal with Sinclair added as steak knives

Do you really think we will reach for Stephens? Most phantoms have him around 12.
I know they do, but I am looking more at what we need and imo he fits the bill for us with his skill set. He has SANFL senior experience as well so is more likely ready to go. This guy can hit targets and is a good height, some of the higher placed prospects are a tad small which we have enough of.....and we have a fairly good record with South Australians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back