List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf was that trade period really traded like we r a top 4side already.. crazy
I can handle not paying the world for Daniher but all our eggs were in the one basket we needed a midfielder bad and surely had the coin now all we have is a dwarf and a bloke who don’t wanna be there
Pick 5 better be a ready to go mid
To me all the knocks on Harley are warranted
Only positive is we didn’t buckle and give up a player hope blokes like Florent Dawson and co who may down the track do a papley and want to head home repay the faith swans just showed in them and stick fat .

Wtf was that trade period really traded like we r a top 4side already.. crazy
I can handle not paying the world for Daniher but all our eggs were in the one basket we needed a midfielder bad and surely had the coin now all we have is a dwarf and a bloke who don’t wanna be there
Pick 5 better be a ready to go mid
To me all the knocks on Harley are warranted
Only positive is we didn’t buckle and give up a player hope blokes like Florent Dawson and co who may down the track do a papley and want to head home repay the faith swans just showed in them and stick fat .
Must not take a breath...

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Didn’t say they were right

But fine to have that view

Harley is a joke

He created it and now he needs to Back up the facts
How is he a joke? Daniher approached us and wanted to come to the Swans. We tried to negotiate a trade with Essendon, offering two first round picks. It wasn't accepted. What more should we have done? Given up Heeney or Blakey like they wanted?

It is too early to judge this situation, we need to wait 12 months and reassess. By then we will have a much better idea about Daniher's injury issues and will know if we have been able to bring him in for less than we were offering this year through a trade or free agency. Maybe we will see this as a mistake, that we should have compromised more to bring him in. Maybe we will see this as a bullet dodged.

Waiting for all clubs delistings to start now. Still a number of good players out of contract. Some I'd look at if they were delisted (but I expect but all of these to be delisted)
Ben Keays
Nick Robertson
Matthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Sam Murray
Michael Hartley
Harley Bennell
Jack Newnes

Quite a few of those could play a role for us. Ben Keays is a funny one, was highly rated as a youngster, I thought he’d be a 200 gamer

Don’t really get the angst from some in regards to the club, recruiters and Harley in particular.

From recent reports it seems like Joe approached us. Given he has missed the last two years of footy and he has only had one elite season, we offered well over the odds for his services.

Selling the farm would have been a ridiculous decision, particularly given Joes RFA situation next year. If he did approach us as reported he should be able to wait a year.

Bringing Joe in only to compromise the rest of our list strategy (Florent, McCartin, Blakey, Rowbottom etc GAGF) would be a dumb move on the clubs part.

I for one am proud of the stance we took. We didn’t crumble to significant amounts of pressure through the media in paying overs for Joe with question marks about his body, nor take unders for Papley.

Those having a dig at Harley imo already had it in for them anyway and this is just weak ammo for them... grain of salt.

I don’t know what Harley did or Gardner did or Beatson, who said what to who, who approached who etc. what dodo bird would actually accept (if anything)

So not sure how anyone judges it good bad or indifferent as to how the key footy people perform

All we can judge is the final list and it’s performance surely

They would know what improvement they feel they can get from the existing list and then in draft picks going forward

That when you judge it on the results imo
Not fussed on how they get there (obviously within the law etc )

Taking a punt on Harley Bennell is a must now...

Guaranteed there's a post like yours on every club bar a couple's board today. :D

A longshot to get him x a longshot he ever plays again = lotto dreaming. I guess he gets a rookie shot at it somewhere, may as well be Tigers I guess.
Interesting chat yesterday he'd be a good pick up in the mid year draft if he can get it together at WAFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who do we expect to get at 5 is there any info about on who we are actually into serong maybe?
I'm hoping we get Hayden Young. Reads like a fantastic pickup

Strengths: Versatility to play defence or midfield, aggressive attack on the ball, precise and damaging kick, vision, decision making, run and carry, one-on-one defence, defensive accountability, reading of the drop of the ball, intercept marking, contested ball winning, stoppage work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back