List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty much where he was this year, drifted between the arcs mainly wherever he was needed. If it was in our defensive half a lot he'd be there to go back and take intercept marks or set up plays with big kicks off half back. If it was in our forward half he'd float around f50 and drift forward to take a mark or kick a long goal.

I pick on Horse for how he uses players but the way he basically gave Dawson the license to float and impact however he can was ideal. Just gotta let him keep developing so he can produce his good games on a consistent basis and he'll be a gun.

spent 70 percent of his time in defence though

player comparisons are obviously meaningless

but heeneys first 5 years track remarkably close to Dustin Martin, before he took a massive massive leap

Take away the clock we've all put on him to become this superstar and we'd be rapt with his career to date

interesting to look back at last years trade period, rather than rating the one just finished

Question is, when do you start looking at draftees becoming apart of it??

Do you have any knowledge or opinion on Rantall and Philp? Inside mids that I'd be happy to use pick 25 on.
Not personally, i have heard them mentioned as later selections. Do you think they will still be available at 32? i dont think philp made the championships but neither did mcinerney and he looks the goods to me.

Why would you waste your time commenting on something you haven’t read?
Because it apparently proved my argument that we can't call our so-called rebuild a success while we plummet down the ladder was wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yesterdays comments on this board were all very positive, today the haggling starts again.. Welcome to BF

We're obviously in a rebuild after the effects of the trade ban and COLA have taken full hold. The best (and only affordable) way to rebuild is via the draft. We've been successful at drafting 2-3 best 22 players each year over the past 5 years. This year and next will be no different (Looking forward to the draft).

We're half way through this years trade/draft period, with Jones leaving and Taylor coming in, plus improving our draft hand. We're still a chance of acquiring two (risky) gun players for the future.. ie.. Bennel this year and Daniher as a free agent next year.

Fwiw.. Im tipping us to be very competitive and finish just outside the 8 in 2020.. and finals in 2021
Ive full faith in the Swans that their plan is coming along nicely

ps. D Barret is a dickhead

It says a lot about his current mental state and dissatisfaction with Vic that he had to turn to someone in a different state and different club to get honest advice and support.

I think this is a very naive take on it. He flew to Sydney cause he rather fancied $4 million bucks and the Dons weren't offering it to him yet.
Can't say I wouldn't have done the same.
He tried it on, but didn't come off. He'll have to prove his worth before he gets paid.

Last edited:
I thought the most we offered was 9 & 25?
Gardiner said we never offered any first round picks once Essendon said that two first rounders wouldn't get it done. It SEEMS their idea of a player was one of our best ten or fewer. We may have been prepared to offer 5 and next year's first.
All academic now.

They all get the same number of points - if he knows how to get them that is a handy skill to have any which way it comes about.

I think this is a very naive take on it. He flew to Sydney cause he rather fancied $4 million bucks and the Dons weren't offering it to him yet.
Can't say I wouldn't have done the same.
He tried it on, but didn't come off. He'll have to prove his worth before he gets paid.
[/QUOTE]
Really? He didn’t come to Sydney to meet his surgeon for which he subsequently had an (ab)/(ad)ductor release?

Gardiner said we never offered any first round picks once Essendon said that two first rounders wouldn't get it done. It SEEMS their idea of a player was one of our best ten or fewer. We may have been prepared to offer 5 and next year's first.
All academic now.
9 (harping but we never had it) and next years 1st. We are s**t so it was essentially 5 & 9 albeit in a supposed compromised draft where the VFL clubs win through the NGA...I bet the discount increases!

We think that we’re in a terrific window and hopefully the excitement of 2020 will help Joey overcome his disappointment and he is with us for many years to come.”

- Adrian Dodoro, 2019

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back