List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of full replays available but its not the same as being at the ground.

Highlights are problematic in that you don’t get a complete profile of the player’s strengths and weaknesses, only their strengths. FWIW the nab league channel on Youtube should still have full replays of the matches throughout the year, but if you’re not familiar with any of the prospects it will probably be difficult viewing.

Appreciate it but I'm already a big enough degenerate over the NFL draft. I can't spend hours pouring over prospects who mostly won't make an impact in a second sport. Happy to defer to you guys in this department

Adelaide likely to bid on Green so why would GWS do a deal with us?
Was reported GWS, Crows and us were the only teams to have visited Green at home.

If I was Melbourne, I'd bid on Green at 3 to extinguish GWS pick 6, means the pick 8 they hold from the Norf deal stays at 8 rather than letting GWS double dip and have 8 pushed out to 9.

Fremantle have an NGA player that could go top 20, maybe as high as low teens. So they might not be as keen to downgrade 22 to 25 in your scenario or give up the extra first round selection this year (given they could take 3 of the top 15).

I was actually thinking we could trade 32 and 44 for their 22. It would give them 101 extra draft points to match a bid (which as it stands they may need if he goes as high as 12) and would give us 5, 22, 25, 76.
Have to check list spots but I’d do that deal, might not be enough to temp Freo... they’ll get a few offers I’d expect.

Would love us to pick up N Robbo from the Lions. Delisted today and very handy depth if not in our best 22 IMO. Would free up Hewett.
That’s the exact reason I popped back into the thread. We’re a bit too nice and light on ‘character’ in our midfield. Limited I know but if he can lock down on someone and scatter the occasional player (legally of course) I’d be very happy to have him as a Swan. Should be cheap too

Would love us to pick up N Robbo from the Lions. Delisted today and very handy depth if not in our best 22 IMO. Would free up Hewett.

Bastinac and Keays are two other Lions it might be worth considering. They really had a charmed injury run this year and it kept a few decent players stuck in the NEAFL.

what about..our 5 , next years 1st and 25 for Freos 7. 10 and 22 this year and some considerations for next year? Considering Adelaide are into Green, we may not have to worry about a bid
Fremantle have an NGA player that could go top 20, maybe as high as low teens. So they might not be as keen to downgrade 22 to 25 in your scenario or give up the extra first round selection this year (given they could take 3 of the top 15).

I was actually thinking we could trade 32 and 44 for their 22. It would give them 101 extra draft points to match a bid (which as it stands they may need if he goes as high as 12) and would give us 5, 22, 25, 76.
not bad suggestions at all..
but
Im a fan of keeping our future 1st. What if we bottom out next year. It would give us a good pick and allow three first round picks which would be fantastic and may complete our draft aspect of our rebuild. Or.. a first round pick would keep us in the trade game.
and
Have a feeling we want to draft 4 players this year, so trading 32 & 44 would leave us with 3 picks (excluding our p76). Remember both Goodes and more recently Parker were picked around p40.. it can happen.. and I trust Dalrymple to have a real crack
In saying that, I like the sound of 5, 22, 25

FWIW I rate Brock Smith as a key defender. Actually a really good solid understated lock-down player who focuses on winning his one-on-ones with his strength as opposed to trying to be the flashy defender recruiters love. He could be in the range of our 25/32 or even 44 pick.

At the other end Emerson Jeka has all the makings of the prototypical swingman, athletic and skilful as a forward with a great set of hands but reads the play well in defence. If anything I think his biggest issue has probably been just that, that he's been moved around a lot and used as a swingman for most of the year for the Jets and so he can look a little lost at times as he hasn't really mastered a position. He's no Ben King at the U18s put it that way, but considering he'd potentially be available at a later pick like 32 or 44, there's bargain potential written all over him IMO.
Had a very solid start and faded (maybe due to the positional switches), finished on a down I thought, likely to go late as you say. Aside for the touted choices, there are players who continuously improved through the year and are projecting well going forward. I like players who keep getting better a this age. There is a strong swing man who played against Jeka in the elimination final, plays mainly back and can go forward and reads the play really well, his is Jackson Davies. I really like him and he playes a tough game as well. Speaking of the Jets, it will be interesting to see if anyone takes a change with Archi Manton. He is a big big unit and can play, however still learning to impact 4 qtrs in a game. A good project player I think,

Good call imo. Defends well, I actually thought he was much more a defender than anything else? Has a bit of s**t in him too which is useful.

If I’m Damian Barrett I’d find the easiest mark to attack and leave out the fact Essendon are notoriously difficult to satisfy in ANY trade let alone a contracted son of a great.

Then I should become accountable and accept a years worth of club ban together with their fans publicly calling him out on every bit of dribble that comes from his piece of s**t mouth. Congrats I hate you more than Eddie no meant feat you campaigner.
Poor Damian struggles to remain relevant since he lost his gig on the Footy show. His sliding doors today was right out of bizarro land I though. Somebody has hurt him really bad at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do that deal in a heartbeat. He could be anything.
It's the things like plumber, sales rep, or accountant if his leg doesn't mend well that have me worried. It'd be a big call to select him, in effect signalling the intent to go for another high pick the following year. For that reason I think he might slide a bit futher down - not many down the bottom want to tell their members they'll be down a while yet - though if anyone has earned points with the membership it must be us I suppose...

Was reported GWS, Crows and us were the only teams to have visited Green at home.

If I was Melbourne, I'd bid on Green at 3 to extinguish GWS pick 6, means the pick 8 they hold from the Norf deal stays at 8 rather than letting GWS double dip and have 8 pushed out to 9.
Good theory before live trading came in. If GWS can’t get the deal they’ll trade down for the points. GC, Brisbane and Geelong in a good spot with their picks

Had a very solid start and faded (maybe due to the positional switches), finished on a down I thought, likely to go late as you say. Aside for the touted choices, there are players who continuously improved through the year and are projecting well going forward. I like players who keep getting better a this age. There is a strong swing man who played against Jeka in the elimination final, plays mainly back and can go forward and reads the play really well, his is Jackson Davies. I really like him and he playes a tough game as well. Speaking of the Jets, it will be interesting to see if anyone takes a change with Archi Manton. He is a big big unit and can play, however still learning to impact 4 qtrs in a game. A good project player I think,

Yeah I've noticed Davies a few times (can't say I've seen enough of him to rate him above Jeka.) I think Jeka is the most talented 'key position' prospect in this year's draft, but it's his application that is a big question mark. Could easily end up another Sam Reid, struggles to impact games despite his size. I would hope if we show enough interest in him to do an interview that the mental aspects of footy would be a big focus for us to figure out, because the ability is all there.

I think Manton will get a look-in. Isn't he a Carlton F/S option or am I thinking of someone else? Is he skilful enough as a big man to be worth taking a shot at though?

The Jets in general won't have a great draft representation IMO. I thought they had an ordinary skill and discipline level in the NAB league and played distinctly like 'boys' when you need to start showing some maturity on the field if you want a chance at getting drafted. Hopefully another year of ROK coaching them can change that for em.

That's it in a nutshell. We could trade to let them get ahead of us in the draft but what happens if they bid on our target before Green.

Wild. Why would they do that?

Upgrade to 5 from 7 in a pretty even section of the draft and then downgrade 22 to to 25 and probably 10 a few spots too.
what about..our 5 , next years 1st and 25 for Freos 7. 10 and 22 this year and some considerations for next year? Considering Adelaide are into Green, we may not have to worry about a bid

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back