List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm OS atm with very limited access to Wi-Fi (and I'm too cheap to purchase) so I haven't been able to keep up with the comings and goings.
From the little I've had time to read, I gather trade period went something like;
Got - Lewis Taylor
Lost - Zac Jones
No change - Papley and Daniher.
Is that it or have I missed something?
also finished with p5, p25, p32, p40 - much better than where we started. (and 250ish extra points in 2021 draft)

Hey guys, I'm OS atm with very limited access to Wi-Fi (and I'm too cheap to purchase) so I haven't been able to keep up with the comings and goings.
From the little I've had time to read, I gather trade period went something like;
Got - Lewis Taylor
Lost - Zac Jones
No change - Papley and Daniher.
Is that it or have I missed something?
Yep. Thats it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hey, first reasonable assessment of our trade period I've seen.
Yep.. a reasonable assessment. The comments on Taylor, Jones, Paps, Daniher and our ruck stocks are probably fair.
The one thing it didn't address is the win we had by holding onto p5 & p25,, and also improving our latter picks to 32 & 44 - Im sure the Swans view all these picks as valuable. Plus,, to gain an extra 200-250 pts in next years draft allows a little more scope to play with our 1st round pick next year

not sure who I rate as the worst journo.

Tom Browne just straight makes stuff up and reports it as inside information.

While Barrett doesnt have any understanding of trading, the draft, points, academies, father son rule, free agency, compensation picks, the value of players, the value of picks, the AFL in general .... yet sees himself as an expert.

Actually it is no contest. Barrett.

based on the trade period and other list factors, you'd expect west coast to be in the running for the minor premiership, I'd expect st Kilda to feature in finals. Hard to see the likes of North or freo being in finals contention. Hawthorn should make finals melb should improve but who knows with them. Geelong will come down a peg imo, could even miss finals if they cop a couple of key injuries. And Adelaide are in all sorts of trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. They are already squeezed from a cap point of view and as I see it, we will be well under the cap in 2020. That reduction can then be used in 2021 meaning a contract offer to Daniher could be front ended pushing Essendon out of the equation.
Only have to match contract value over length of contract, not year 1. AFL ruling when Coniglio saga was happening.

Keays had quite a good year in the NEAFL so I'd definitely want us to look at him. Wonder if there's any benefit in bringing in two players from the same club? eg. Kennedy/McGlynn

Some had mentioned Mitch Hibberd earlier in the year so I watched Williamstown's prelim and the VFL granny with an eye on him but wasn't sold. Reckon the Blooze missed a trick not getting Butler.

With the futures of Pink and Maibaum still up in the air, would we look at anyone like Kaiden Brand or Fletcher Roberts? I haven't seen enough of them to have an opinion. Michael Hartley was mentioned recently and I've been keeping an eye on him for a while - believe he is still yet to re-sign or be delisted

I'm not a Brand fanboy, but am watching him with some interest. Wouldn't surprise me if he finds a way onto a list.

We haven't gone near many delisted free agents for a fair while, not confident that changes much. Brand, Bennel, interesting tosee what happens to Newnes too if he does decide not to sign a contract with the Saints.
Russell Brand?

I think Bennell is a special case. Everyone knows how fricken good he is. The issues are a) injuries and b) off field.

Players are delisted for a reason.. generally, they're not good enough. Bennell is a special case and if he can get his body going then great.
The holes we have in our list, Id rather see filled with players who can either help develop our young crew (we have Rampe, Buddy, Kennedy for that) or players that may be part of our future list.
Generally not a fan of delisted players

I disagree. They are already squeezed from a cap point of view and as I see it, we will be well under the cap in 2020. That reduction can then be used in 2021 meaning a contract offer to Daniher could be front ended pushing Essendon out of the equation.

doesnt matching force a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back