List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll feel Beatson's absence more when we start getting third and fourth round draftees who perform like third and fourth round picks.

Might get a few more top first rounders though

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Boredom set in. My ideal picks:

5. Kemp. Liked him awhile and futs our list very nicely
Alt. Young

25. Sharp - good user. Can do silky stuff
Alt. Rivers

32. Byrnes - maybe a bit early but has all the tools
Alt. Schoenburg

44. Comben - ruck/tall fwd
Alt. Perez

Likely this will happen, 0.001%

Alt. Young

Alt. Rivers

Alt. Schoenburg

Alt. Perez

Couldn’t agree more with your 5, 25 and 44 picks

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades

Alt. Young

Alt. Rivers

Alt. Schoenburg

Alt. Perez

My wish list is: Haven't worried about alternatives
5/6 - Kemp
25 - Cooper Stephens
32 - Jay Rantall
Have no idea who to go for at 44.

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
My hunch is we want a ready to go midfielder.
We bid on Green, GWS will match & we take Dylan Stephens.
Either one will play round one.
Should we miss both, Jackson is next best for our needs.
swap Stephens for Flanders, i rekon he or Serong. For 25 if we get Cooper Stephens, that covers our inside mid stuff.

David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Reckon those two and Papley could rotate through forward and mid. Make the match ups pretty tricky. All 3 hit the spaces at speed.
What will Heeney's role be with Papley, Gray and Taylor rotating through forward and mid? Feel you dodged a bullet with regards to JD by the way. Try and get him for free next year.

What will Heeney's role be with Papley, Gray and Taylor rotating through forward and mid? Feel you dodged a bullet with regards to JD by the way. Try and get him for free next year.
Dodged a bullet? I think so at the asking price, glad the real story eventually came out, JD chasing us not us chasing JD.

Heeney will be given licence to go where ever he wants and just impact the game!

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney

Alt. Young

Alt. Rivers

Alt. Schoenburg

Alt. Perez

Well you gave me a reading task.

I like the sound of Sharp/Rivers (both likely gone by 25?) and Byrnes - seems there are some decent picks to be had in this range this year. None of these guys sound like "reaches" to me in terms of getting to an AFL level physically and skills wise. They seem like have solid potential, with no obvious flaws often found after low 20s (Can't kick for :poo: , or weighs 64 kg etc)

I'd hate us to pick an injured "utility player" at pick 5 though. Hoping for Flanders due to speed and body size, but expect him to be gone.

Surprised to read about this guy - given the darth of KPF in this year's draft. The ones listed in early 30s sound like duds to me, so why is this guy ranked 50? Long development time perhaps?
#50 Charlie Comben
Gippsland Power/Vic Country | Forward/Ruck
20/07/2001 | 199cm | 84kg

A versatile player who could well end up as a key forward and second ruck, Comben is capable of playing either role to a high standard. His ruck craft itself is good, and his second efforts at ground level such as laying a follow-up tackle or providing a block or shepherd is impressive. He can float forward and lead out of the goalsquare with sticky hands and an ability to crash a pack if needed. He has had his fair share of injuries over the journey so is arguably a tad behind on his development. But the fact he has come such a long way in his top-age year means Comben has plenty of upside for the future and is one who clubs can look to for the long term if they are after a bigger body up forward who can play that second ruck role to a t. Could be the second ruck picked in the AFL Draft, depending on how clubs view his progress against Bryan’s and what they are looking for, but we have him here due to his versatility and greater consistency over the season, as well as impact at the Under-18 National Championships for Vic Country.

Interesting to hear the draft guy on AFL yesterday saying Will Gould will be likely taken in 20s now. That'd have to be tempting if he drops to us...how old is Rampe? We'd have to grab him, especially if we managed to get Flanders with our first pick. Also played in middle at times this year. Alas will probably go just before our pick...

Keyter

All Australian
Dec 6, 2010
Docklands
AFL Club
Sydney
GoldCoast running into cap issues I believe and with picks 1 to 20 on a higher starting contract, And currently with 4 picks in that top bracket, it might be in their interest to drop back a few pegs. Would u swap picks 25 and 44 for their pick 20 and (maybe a future 3rd or 4th to make up the difference or maybe not?)

Last edited:

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm hoping it's the opposite, in that Gray seems to have played his best footy in the midfield, and Taylor looks most dangerous as a half forward.
Gray actually played his best footy in thr forward pocket when the other Grey was injured. He kicked his multiple goals from either HF or forward pocket.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back