List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to see how Swans can "trade up" 25 and later?

The most obvious is GWS and Freo but, why would they do that?

Is there any trade numerate "guru's" here able to explain how that might happen?

Not saying it'll happen, but shuffling future picks can help balance pick swaps out too

The amount of insides in that second round might mean we do actually go Jackson at 5/6
I agree. There are plenty and a fair few are a good size too. There’s very few draftable KPP’s this year so by default we’ll be getting midfielders late. Outside the box at our first is rising as an option.
That 15-25 range looks strong this year. If we had traded Papley for pick 9 I’d have strongly considered looking to split it for 2 in that range. Geelong, GC and Brisbane are laughing.
I reckon live trading is going to get silly this year because of that.

Hartley delisted himself. Been saying for a long time we should be after him.

Wanted him at the Swans for years.... attacking game not much better than Dunkley was back in the day but he’s so dependable and is plug and play. Brand makes it seriously unlikely though.
We’re wasting Rampe by using him in KPD positions so anything ready made (brand will have to do) only helps with team balance.

I agree. There are plenty and a fair few are a good size too. There’s very few draftable KPP’s this year so by default we’ll be getting midfielders late. Outside the box at our first is rising as an option.
That 15-25 range looks strong this year. If we had traded Papley for pick 9 I’d have strongly considered looking to split it for 2 in that range. Geelong, GC and Brisbane are laughing.
I reckon live trading is going to get silly this year because of that.
There may be plenty of midfielers in the 15-30 bracket but are they anywhere near as good as the ones we've all been discussing for our first pick. Probably not.

Wanted him at the Swans for years.... attacking game not much better than Dunkley was back in the day but he’s so dependable and is plug and play. Brand makes it seriously unlikely though.
We’re wasting Rampe by using him in KPD positions so anything ready made (brand will have to do) only helps with team balance.
If we're hanging onto Maubern we seem to think we need another defender. Hartley is a better fit

Do you have a kid in the age group? Or are you in the age group? The reason he's getting so little mention is cause we've never eard' of him. :p
Plenty of positive comments on this page if you 'Control, F' Darcy and hit the down button to read each mention - game reviews etc.

This Carlton fan certainly likes him - Might be worth a reach, or trying to trade up from 44 to 36 or so...Interesting this bloke reckons there are plenty of inside mids in the range this year. (They are discussing candidates for pick 43 - useful for us really)

Haha me with a kid? Now that wouldn't go well!

As to your second point about there being plenty of inside mids in this draft, that's why I'm a big fan of Chirgwin. He really impressed me as an inside mid for the Dragons this year. I feel like there's always a kid with class who has all the makings of a gun but for whatever reason gets no love from scouts and pundits (in fairness I'm not privy to all that they may be privy to.) For me that's Chirgwin this year.

Pick 5 way too valuable to spend on an undersized ruck in Jackson. We desperately need a mid, we are no in a position to be meddling with such high risk picks.

Big blokes who can also play as mids and get a lot of the ball are rare.

They're also turnover merchants. Pass.

Saw this article:

Best we target players without existing girlfriends lol ;)

Saw this article:

Best we target players without existing girlfriends lol ;)
Fair enough.. good luck to him. Hope the Saints smash Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all
Please pardon the intrusion, we’ve been running a mock draft on the Freo board and I’ve been picking for your good selves

I went with a focus on athletic mids with good skills plus a good value tall for the backline

5 (6) Flanders (Green was bid on at 3)
25 Sam de Koning U18 AA Fullback
32 traded to Hawks for 41 and 2020 3rd for academy pts next year
41 Josh Shute SA winger with good outside run and skills
43 Thomson Dow for more good athleticism and hard ball gets

Interested in any feedback and whether you reckon you’ll take 4 or 5 picks in the draft

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I’ve been missing out on a lot back at home,” he said.
“My older brothers both have kids and I miss out on a lot of birthdays and those things.
“Coming home and seeing them not really knowing you was a reality check for me that maybe I do want to come home and spend more time in their lives.”

Totally fair there its just something we will forever be disadvantaged over if we keep drafting players with upbringings in Victoria, No matter how well run the club is.

Hi all
Please pardon the intrusion, we’ve been running a mock draft on the Freo board and I’ve been picking for your good selves

I went with a focus on athletic mids with good skills plus a good value tall for the backline

Interested in any feedback and whether you reckon you’ll take 4 or 5 picks in the draft

Cheers

Think it will be 3 to 4. Definitely think Swans will trade for future picks. Thought at 32 you had Swans taking Pickett, which would be very interesting, if they thought he wasn’t a go home risk. Little bull. Personally, others here disagree, I would go Jackson at 5 and if not him Kemp. You have given an accurate Swans Agenda for midfielders but than picked de Koning? - not sure that fits. Dow would be good,

Hi all

Cheers

Wow, reckon you are some way off the mark.
5 - I'd be fine with Flanders, but think he will be gone. He is what we need, big bodied athletic mid.
25 - De Koning, No chance for Swans given we picked up a KPD last week in Brand. I'd be seriously annoyed. Last year we reached for a mid in Rowbottom - he looks great so far. Unless Gould falls this far I don't see a KP player worth taking here.
32 - Extremely unlikely to trade given the range of good inside mids available in this range. Chirgwin might suit us, Rantall might be Hanners like - there are quite a few candidates.
4? - Who knows, totally dependent on too many things. We did pick up Taylor and Gray who can play outside. Maybe trade this and 76 for next year's points - I hadn't considered this. If we have Serong at 5 we won't be getting any other smaller mids with Gulden coming next year and Rowbottom not huge either.
76- ?

Hi all

Cheers

P5 - the best available (not a half back flanker - we've got a few emerging)
p25 - big bodied inside mid (if we don't get Green. getting Green is highly unlikely)
p32 - big bodied inside mid (there's a few available)
p44 - Kid with the most potential, maybe a tall?, maybe speed?

We'll take 4 picks to the draft and if an opportunity presents try and trade up p32 or p44
We won't trade for future picks, we've a 1st, 2nd and 2 x 3rds already.
We traded in some outside pace in the midfield
We've three tall defenders developing for next year including one which we traded.

Hi all

Cheers

I think thats too early for de koning. I think we will use 4 picks.

Think it will be 3 to 4. Definitely think Swans will trade for future picks. Thought at 32 you had Swans taking Pickett, which would be very interesting, if they thought he wasn’t a go home risk. Little bull. Personally, others here disagree, I would go Jackson at 5 and if not him Kemp. You have given an accurate Swans Agenda for midfielders but than picked de Koning? - not sure that fits. Dow would be good,

32 didn’t get updated in the list Pickett went to the Hawks

I went conservative on pre existing injuries so didn’t go for Kemp

With de Koning I thought he was good value and didn’t think there were a lot of young talls on your list (guess work though) I reckon will Be a pretty good fullback

Thx for the thoughts

Wow, reckon you are some way off the mark.
5 - I'd be fine with Flanders, but think he will be gone. He is what we need, big bodied athletic mid.
25 - De Koning, No chance for Swans given we picked up a KPD last week in Brand. I'd be seriously annoyed. Last year we reached for a mid in Rowbottom - he looks great so far. Unless Gould falls this far I don't see a KP player worth taking here.
32 - Extremely unlikely to trade given the range of good inside mids available in this range. Chirgwin might suit us, Rantall might be Hanners like - there are quite a few candidates.
4? - Who knows, totally dependent on too many things. We did pick up Taylor and Gray who can play outside. Maybe trade this and 76 for next year's points - I hadn't considered this. If we have Serong at 5 we won't be getting any other smaller mids with Gulden coming next year and Rowbottom not huge either.
76- ?

Thx for the thoughts

I didn’t see much difference in the quality of mids between 32 and 41 so thought it was a good chance to bank some points towards your academy guns next year

We differ on de Koning. Brand definitely better right now but I think de Koning will be better in a couple of seasons

P5 - the best available (not a half back flanker - we've got a few emerging)
p25 - big bodied inside mid (if we don't get Green. getting Green is highly unlikely)
p32 - big bodied inside mid (there's a few available)
p44 - Kid with the most potential, maybe a tall?, maybe speed?

We'll take 4 picks to the draft and if an opportunity presents try and trade up p32 or p44
We traded in some outside pace in the midfield
We've three tall defenders developing for next year including one which we traded.

Thx, not quite what you were looking for then

Thx for the thoughts

I didn’t see much difference in the quality of mids between 32 and 41 so thought it was a good chance to bank some points towards your academy guns next year

We differ on de Koning. Brand definitely better right now but I think de Koning will be better in a couple of seasons

You might be right about quality between 32 and 41...we are at 44 now though, so may just miss out on a good-en. I'd rather trade 44 up half a doz places if at all possible tbh given how even the draft is from about 25 - 40ish.

I don't see why we can't pay for next year's academy with next year's points at this stage. Were you hoping to pick up some points from us for your academy guy this year? Who are Freo picking at 7 and 10? Sweating on no bid for Henry I bet. If a bid comes for Henry at 12 then you'll need more points?
Agree De Koning is two years off but you don't take guys at 25 who aren't kicking arse in junior footy IMHO. Don't think he has been, just adequate, thus a project for AFL level to me. Real darth of KPP this draft. McCasey will be a valuable pick whoever gets him. Would have taken if I had 9 to spend after dealing Papley if playing fantasy manager. :p

Get ready for Fyfe to request a trade to the Swans next year. ;)

You might be right about quality between 32 and 41...we are at 44 now though, so may just miss out on a good-en. I'd rather trade 44 up half a doz places if at all possible tbh given how even the draft is from about 25 - 40ish.

I don't see why we can't pay for next year's academy with next year's points at this stage. Were you hoping to pick up some points from us for your academy guy this year? Who are Freo picking at 7 and 10? Sweating on no bid for Henry I bet. If a bid comes for Henry at 12 then you'll need more points?
Agree De Koning is two years off but you don't take guys at 25 who aren't kicking arse in junior footy IMHO. Don't think he has been, just adequate, thus a project for AFL level to me. Real darth of KPP this draft. McCasey will be a valuable pick whoever gets him. Would have taken if I had 9 to spend after dealing Papley if playing fantasy manager. :p

Get ready for Fyfe to request a trade to the Swans next year. ;)

I’d like to see
7 Robertson
10 Stephens

Or the other way around with a bid for Henry a few spots later

Gut feel says blues bid on Henry at 9

If you’ve got time to waste in your life you can read a few hundred posts about how the Henry bid might play out on our board

Heeney to pack his board and head to Freo to surf with Fyfe for the rest of his career

Depends on where U think Guilden and Campbell will fall. I believe Between 10- 25. So in points a range of 1269 to 756.
Working off the same ladder position as this year Swans will have something like 23, 41, 43. (815, 412, 378 points.) Removing the 20% academy discount for contingency, why wouldn’t u trade for another future 3 or 4th? Keep 1st round and effectively swans have gone close to 4 1st round picks Over 2 drafts. Also unknown 2020 comprised draft which could easily push out picks and points, making bidding on academy prospects a bit more likely (if they see quality of course)
C57A135A-92AE-4943-81C4-3EF6840E1DE5.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back