List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
363 pages since October 2019! What the hell have you all been talking about???? LOL! :)

I haven't had a chance to look at any of this, can some one give me an idea of who we want and what they bring? No hurry... I might not get back here until its over :(
Welcome home Kirkswan :)

Comparing anyone to Robbie Gray is foolish.
If ever there was a more uncanny player...

More talking his style, he is a mid who is more than adapt forward which is important in early days where he won't (very few are) able to be more than a part time mid

363 pages since October 2019! What the hell have you all been talking about???? LOL! :)

I haven't had a chance to look at any of this, can some one give me an idea of who we want and what they bring? No hurry... I might not get back here until its over :(
And you missed the few hundred pages or so of part 1.

Gee this sounds familiar....:think: I'm a buyer with a late pick for sure.

Bigoa Nyuon (VIC - St Kilda next-generation academy)
Position:
Key defence
Expected range: late-undrafted
Why he can make it: Throughout the season, Nyuon has been asked to play all over the field and has been unable to gain the continuity needed to establish himself in one set position.

'Biggy' has looked most at home in defence, with his reading of the drop of the ball and intercept marking standout features. He's a freakish athlete, running the 20m sprint in 2.855 at the state combine (a time that would have taken out first place at the national combine, had he been invited), is a fluid mover with excellent agility and is a high leaper. With these athletic gifts, Biggy has the closing speed to make life difficult for leading forwards and the aerial prowess to compete in the air.

When asked to play through the ruck this year, Biggy -- despite standing at just 195cm - has consistently outleaped his opponents and tapped the ball to advantage. While as a key forward Nyuon leads up at the ball effectively and has the capacity to hit the scoreboard.

I'm flabergasted that Gould is now expected to go in the 20-40 range. His on field results should speak for themselves. With dedicated inside midfielders Schoenberg and Byrnes likely to go in the second and third rounds, or even later, we would have to look at them for our pick 32 surely.

I think it would be good if noo
Gee this sounds familiar....:think: I'm a buyer with a late pick for sure.

Bigoa Nyuon (VIC - St Kilda next-generation academy)
Position:
Key defence
Expected range: late-undrafted
Why he can make it: Throughout the season, Nyuon has been asked to play all over the field and has been unable to gain the continuity needed to establish himself in one set position.

'Biggy' has looked most at home in defence, with his reading of the drop of the ball and intercept marking standout features. He's a freakish athlete, running the 20m sprint in 2.855 at the state combine (a time that would have taken out first place at the national combine, had he been invited), is a fluid mover with excellent agility and is a high leaper. With these athletic gifts, Biggy has the closing speed to make life difficult for leading forwards and the aerial prowess to compete in the air.

When asked to play through the ruck this year, Biggy -- despite standing at just 195cm - has consistently outleaped his opponents and tapped the ball to advantage. While as a key forward Nyuon leads up at the ball effectively and has the capacity to hit the scoreboard.

Rookie? Sure sounds like an Aliir clone, even down to rucking at 18s level. Name sounds South Sudanese so having Aliir as a mentor should really help.
I'd be having a look for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie? Sure sounds like an Aliir clone, even down to rucking at 18s level. Name sounds South Sudanese so having Aliir as a mentor should really help.
I'd be having a look for sure.
IDK what rights exist over him via the Saints Next Gen academy. Anyone? Do we have to bid high enough on him that they decide not to match? Surely the Saints just match a rookie selection if so....In that case we'd have to use our pick in the 40s I suppose. Not much to lose, someone that athletic and quick at 195 cm should be a reasonable chance at finding a role within our system.

Can’t wait for the melt when we pick one of those two...

... I melt even at the thought of us drafting Ash. Lord knows what happens if we actually take him.

Wouldn’t be totally melting on Jackson being picked it’s the other one.

If Green and Flanders gone would have been a good draft to trade down and get Gould and Cooper Stephens in the teens I think.
GC will nab Gould before the 20s. He's a big unit, ready to go, and they've lost a few over the last few years.

Talk yesterday of Young drifting to 10 now with Melbourne moving down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back