List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robertson has a more proven track record in the midfield.

With far less scope in my view. Flanders could be in the top 2 mids in this draft class. The ability to create space cannot be underestimated.

Seems to have a lot in common with Parker actually.

If we got a second Parker we’d have done well- through all his faults will be a 300 game player...

He seems to be much more of a forward though. Why are we considering drafting a forward and hoping he can get better in the midfield.

I disagree personally I see him as a mid who can shift forward. He’s easily my top (realistic) option on Wednesday night

Problem with Parker is he peaked early and just did not come one like we all hoped he would. Good player when in form but more of a top 50 player in the competition type player.

Every club would love picking a Parker at every draft pick- a 250 to 300 game player is a great get

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Hi Lads,
Sorry to intrude - I've been playing with my R1 & R2 mock for the past fortnight and really like where you guys have picks this year. Would you be happy with your selections if it played out like this? (Flanders, C. Stephens & Dow)
#1 - Gold Coast - Matt Rowell
#2 - Gold Coast - Noah Anderson
#3 - Melbourne - Luke Jackson
#4 - GWS - Lachie Ash
#5 - GWS (Matched Bid) - Tom Green
#6 - Sydney - Sam Flanders
#7 - Adelaide - Fischer McAsey
#8 - Fremantle - Hayden Young
#9 - Fremantle - Deven Robertson
#10 - Carlton - Dylan Stephens
#11 - Fremantle (Matched Bid) - Liam Henry
#12 - Melbourne - Kysaiah Pickett
#13 - Hawthorn - Brodie Kemp
#14 - Port - Caleb Serong
#15 - Bulldogs - Cody Weightman
#16 - Geelong - Miles Bergman
#17 - Gold Coast - Will Day
#18 - Port - Josh Worell
#19 - Geelong - Sam De Koning
#20 - Port - Trent Bianco
#21 - Richmond - Trent Rivers
#22 - Gold Coast - Will Gould
#23 - Brisbane - Jay Rantall
#24 - Adelaide - Harrison Jones
#25 - Adelaide - Harry Schoenberg
#26 - Hawthorn (Matched Bid) - Finn Maginess
#27 - Geelong - Cam Taheny
#28 - Port (Matched Bid) - Jackson Mead
#29 - Sydney - Cooper Stephens
#30 - Kangaroos - Dylan Williams
#31 - Kangaroos - Mitch O'Neill
#32 - Melbourne - Darcy Chirgwin
#33 - Brisbane - Jeremy Sharp
#34 - Kangaroos - Karl Finlay
#35 - Essendon - Mitch Georgiadis
#36 - Sydney - Thomson Dow
#37 - Essendon - Hugo Ralph-Smith
#38 - Brisbane - Luke Partington
#39 - Collingwood - Jake Riccardi
#40 - Geelong - Ryan Byrnes
#41 - Adelaide - Nick Bryan
#42 - Richmond - Elijah Taylor
#43 - Richmond - Emerson Jeka
Would be more than happy with Stephens as our second pick but he will be long gone before we pick at 29. He's likely to be in the late teens to early 20s. With our third pick, I'd go Ralph Smith before Dow.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Problem with Parker is he peaked early and just did not come one like we all hoped he would. Good player when in form but more of a top 50 player in the competition type player.

This nonsense needs to stop.

The "problem" with Luke Parker is that he is in the top 50 players of the league?

In 2016 he polled second in the Brownlow. Compare his output that year to 2019:

Name​
Team​
2016​
Stats for Season​
2019​
Games​
22​
12.7​
Kicks​
Handballs​
11.6​
Disposals​
25.4​
3.5​
Marks​
Goals​
0.6​
Behinds​
0.3​
Tackles​
5.2​
Hitouts​
0​
Inside 50s​
3.3​
Goal Assists​
0.6​
Frees For​
1.3​
Frees Against​
1.4​
Contested Possessions​
11.9​
Uncontested Possessions​
12.9​
Effective Disposals​
16.9​
66.9%
Disposal Efficiency %​
66.5%​
Clangers​
3.7​
0.6​
Contested Marks​
Marks Inside 50​
0.6​
Clearances​
5.6​
Rebound 50s​
1.4​
1.6​
One Percenters​
1.6​
0​
Bounces​
0​
Time On Ground %​
85.2​
Centre Clearances​
2.2​
Stoppage Clearances​
3.4​
Score Involvements​
5.4​
304.7​
Metres Gained​
Turnovers​
4.5​
2.7​
Intercepts​
Tackles Inside 50​
0.7​
AFL Fantasy Score​
98.5​
Supercoach Score​
105.1​

There hasn't been any significant change in output.

So what were you expecting of him that he hasn't done?

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry don’t mean to intrude. The Swan TV mentioning of Kemp as a possible at 5 intrigues me. So does Dalrymple’s comment of ‘maximise value at every pick’.

If Kemp is in the mix at 5 for you he still will be later. Maybe much later? Maybe a little later?

Would a trade with Blues for 9 interest? Get Kemp and something more?

Sorry don’t mean to intrude. The Swan TV mentioning of Kemp as a possible at 5 intrigues me. So does Dalrymple’s comment of ‘maximise value at every pick’.

If Kemp is in the mix at 5 for you he still will be later. Maybe much later? Maybe a little later?

It is interesting. I'm actually not fussed by which of Kemp, Flanders, Serong, Robertson or Stephens we take (i hope we take one of them, we need a good midfielder). At least one or two of them will be there at 9. So i wouldn't mind if we did trade down, but who knows what our recruiting department is thinking?

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It is interesting. I'm actually not fussed by which of Kemp, Flanders, Serong, Robertson or Stephens we take (i hope we take one of them, we need a good midfielder). At least one or two of them will be there at 9. So i wouldn't mind if we did trade down, but who knows what our recruiting department is thinking?
Don’t know. I guess you’ll have an eye to next year too with academy players coming through. I’m sure the Blues would at least throw in a second next year. Intriguing.

Don’t know. I guess you’ll have an eye to next year too with academy players coming through. I’m sure the Blues would at least throw in a second next year. Intriguing.
Why would you want to move up? Which player would you be after?

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
It might be basic coaching but it is also negative coaching and can have the opposite effect than was meant. In one game this year Reid was sensational. He kicked 2.1 in less than ten minutes. He was hot. Suddenly he's in defence. They kicked 5-6 goals with him in defence. All they did was avoid him and kick to space as we were playing a zone. Absutely shocking. We lost the game of course. Could not get momentum back.
Which game was this? There were only two games where Reid could have kicked 21 (WB and Freo) and neither of those games had the scoring run you described after Reid was switched to defence.

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I watched the Vic Country Vic Metro game again.

Young was the best on ground. A lot of classy kicks, took a few intercept marks and looked very composed. He was one of the few players who could take his time to evaluate the best option. I would definitely take him if he is available.

Rantall looked very good as a medium size inside mid. Good workrate to get to each contest, got his hands on a lot of groundballs and very clean in getting the handball out. I am not sure if he will last to our second pick.

Flanders did not stand out as a midfielder. His strength seemed to be pushing forward and being a dangerous marking option.

Serong looked good. I think he will be better as a midfielder. He seems like a player who plays better being involved around the contest. He had a lot of energy, clean hands and very instinctive.

I did not notice Ash early in the game. But he went for some nice runs in the second half.

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi Lads,
Sorry to intrude - I've been playing with my R1 & R2 mock for the past fortnight and really like where you guys have picks this year. Would you be happy with your selections if it played out like this? (Flanders, C. Stephens & Dow)
#1 - Gold Coast - Matt Rowell
#2 - Gold Coast - Noah Anderson
#3 - Melbourne - Luke Jackson
#4 - GWS - Lachie Ash
#5 - GWS (Matched Bid) - Tom Green
#6 - Sydney - Sam Flanders
#7 - Adelaide - Fischer McAsey
#8 - Fremantle - Hayden Young
#9 - Fremantle - Deven Robertson
#10 - Carlton - Dylan Stephens
#11 - Fremantle (Matched Bid) - Liam Henry
#12 - Melbourne - Kysaiah Pickett
#13 - Hawthorn - Brodie Kemp
#14 - Port - Caleb Serong
#15 - Bulldogs - Cody Weightman
#16 - Geelong - Miles Bergman
#17 - Gold Coast - Will Day
#18 - Port - Josh Worell
#19 - Geelong - Sam De Koning
#20 - Port - Trent Bianco
#21 - Richmond - Trent Rivers
#22 - Gold Coast - Will Gould
#23 - Brisbane - Jay Rantall
#24 - Adelaide - Harrison Jones
#25 - Adelaide - Harry Schoenberg
#26 - Hawthorn (Matched Bid) - Finn Maginess
#27 - Geelong - Cam Taheny
#28 - Port (Matched Bid) - Jackson Mead
#29 - Sydney - Cooper Stephens
#30 - Kangaroos - Dylan Williams
#31 - Kangaroos - Mitch O'Neill
#32 - Melbourne - Darcy Chirgwin
#33 - Brisbane - Jeremy Sharp
#34 - Kangaroos - Karl Finlay
#35 - Essendon - Mitch Georgiadis
#36 - Sydney - Thomson Dow
#37 - Essendon - Hugo Ralph-Smith
#38 - Brisbane - Luke Partington
#39 - Collingwood - Jake Riccardi
#40 - Geelong - Ryan Byrnes
#41 - Adelaide - Nick Bryan
#42 - Richmond - Elijah Taylor
#43 - Richmond - Emerson Jeka

I’d be happy with the 2nd and 3rd picks but only if we missed on Flanders. Too many mids otherwise. Swap Flanders for Young and I’d be over the moon.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

The Swans seem to think there's a big drop in talent in this draft. I guess it really matters on Melb & GWS first pick as to whether we would consider trading down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back