List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunningham & Jones I’d be happy to let go, but Papley is a must to re-sign. We are already struggling to find avenues to goal so losing our leading goalkicker would be somewhat of a debacle.
Agree we need to keep Paps.. I'd also like to keep Cunningham to replace Smith in the back pocket, he'd do a good job there imo.
I reckon we could get a good trade for Jones, and if he wants to go home, then let him and get all we can out of the trade

Agree we need to keep Paps.. I'd also like to keep Cunningham to replace Smith in the back pocket, he'd do a good job there imo.
I reckon we could get a good trade for Jones, and if he wants to go home, then let him and get all we can out of the trade

IMO cunningham isn’t much chop one on one, so can’t see him ever being a Smith. That’s more likely to be COR. Either wing or pressure forward for Cunningham but he’d wanna have more impact if he’s gonna play those roles

Dislike the idea of selling the farm for Grundy
Like the idea of JPK staying next year, leading and teaching the young mids and retiring gracefully

Not sure how much of a teacher he is. He seems quiet on the ground.

In isolation. If we are able to execute a trade for a like, or better replacement, then it’ll be all good.

Jones with a Footy IQ Upgrade to

Reckon we should look into some Melbourne players in the off-season, they’re a mess atm and might be willing to shake up their list.

Sam Weideman would be a good get in our forward line, free Blakey up the ground and a bigger and more ready body than McCartin. Christian Salem as well who is a better kick than anyone on our list besides Buddy.

Both are out of contract end of this year.

Reckon we should look into some Melbourne players in the off-season, they’re a mess atm and might be willing to shake up their list.

Sam Weideman would be a good get in our forward line, free Blakey up the ground and a bigger and more ready body than McCartin. Christian Salem as well who is a better kick than anyone on our list besides Buddy.

Both are out of contract end of this year.

Not a bad idea. Salem would be helpful as it would Hunt.

The mongrel in me wants to see Us pick over the nine Melbourne based clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membrey is the one that kills me. Could use him now.

I like Membrey too. However I doubt he has the tank required to run the distances needed under our game plan.

Last edited:
Any player that wants out of those clubs either goes to Perth or Victoria.

Not sure what you are getting at here.
Trade's between qld and us have been scarce. Bradshaw and Buchanen is a decade back.
So they just don't go to Adelaide...?

Except for Dixon(a Queenslander) and McKenzie.
Not like at the end of the year Gold Coast players like Martin or Ah Chee can ask to be traded to a team in Darwin, closer to where they are from.

For whatever reason we don't seem interested in Giants players..
Ahern would be one of our most important mids and probably heir apparent to Kennedy.. was given away, but can't get a run in Norths -slow- mid group.
Hope we go after Jack Martin but can't see him being interested in us.

Not sure what you are getting at here.
Trade's between qld and us have been scarce. Bradshaw and Buchanen is a decade back.
So they just don't go to Adelaide...?

Except for Dixon(a Queenslander) and McKenzie.
Not like at the end of the year Gold Coast players like Martin or Ah Chee can ask to be traded to a team in Darwin, closer to where they are from.

For whatever reason we don't seem interested in Giants players..
Ahern would be one of our most important mids and probably heir apparent to Kennedy.. was given away, but can't get a run in Norths -slow- mid group.
Hope we go after Jack Martin but can't see him being interested in us.
Martin and Paps running through the mids and forwards would be ace

Who wants to come besides delisted free agents?

mmm.. Shane Edwards was keen.. Derixcsx..
Pretty barren really.

Can go on about having poor facilities etc but really, who'd want to come to play punishing, grind footy with no goal or win rewards with Horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back