List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on here see Kemp prior to injury?

Played CHB for first 3 champs game IIRC largely due to his heigh. Played well, good reader of play.

Played through mid and fwd in second two and stepped it up big time. Good mover and decent kick. Reads play very well and not afraid to get in.

Reminds me of Goddard. Regardless ACL, would be a good addition IMO

How does Easton Wood manage to cannon into the back of Kieren Jack after he’s taken a mark and not give away 50? Such discipline!

Then he manages to bravely buckle Hannebery’s knee in such a disciplined fashion that it’s more “brave” than a free against.

And the throws! They’re just such disciplined throws! How do they do that!

Horse is champing at the bit to know.

Can you help?

How does Easton Wood manage to cannon into the back of Kieren Jack after he’s taken a mark and not give away 50? Such discipline!

Then he manages to bravely buckle Hannebery’s knee in such a disciplined fashion that it’s more “brave” than a free against.

And the throws! They’re just such disciplined throws! How do they do that!

Horse is champing at the bit to know.

Can you help?
Fking campaigners.

would not surprise me if we used pick 4 to get 2 first rounders around 10-15. Don't want to se it happen, but with so many players retiring/delisted, can see it happening. edit if paps and jones stay.
Apparently the standard of players drops off dramatically after the first several players so that tactic probably doesn't suit this years draft.

What would be reasonable florent compensation? Also what is his best possie? Outside mid or has the pace to be a pressure forward?
He was a mid first round pick is is developing really well. It would have to be a player exchange for someone like Bailey Smith.

What would be reasonable florent compensation? Also what is his best possie? Outside mid or has the pace to be a pressure forward?

Can’t imagine Florent would be anywhere near the trade table.

But hypothetically, he was taken 3 years ago at pick 11, has played 52 games, and has quickly become one of Sydney’s most consistent performers. A top 10 pick would be the minimum but Sydney would be silly to let him go for that.

I but the rumours that other clubs are chasing him and he has to weigh his future up. No one 'in the know' has said Florent will request a trade to the doggies, only that they are after him. Of course they are, he's showing glimpses of being a bonafide star!
We naturally worry when we hear this though because most of our players come from football states and inevitably going to get homesick to some extent. To make it worse, we generally have to pay our players more to compensate for this. Reminds me of our club pre COLA.

The academies aren't bringing in sufficient players to overcome this obstacle. We are severally disadvantaged.

Can see us picking Ash knowing his interception skills and that we were after Langdon last year.

Personally like Kemp but spewing about the acl
Kemp was my pick too. Massive upside. It would be very risky taking him with pick 4/5. You never know, he might last until our next pick.

Kemp was my pick too. Massive upside. It would be very risky taking him with pick 4/5. You never know, he might last until our next pick.

Pros: he misses all of next year, but we have enough experience and good enough depth that we don't need to call on a draftee anyway. Then comes back for 2021 ready to go.

Cons: he potentially ends up another Ling and we have two first-round kids eternally on the sidelines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left nut bet that he will go top 12. No way he gets to the 20s

I think he'll go top 6. Max King went at pick 4 last year, and that was in an insanely talented draft pool. In a shallow one like this, can't see too many passing up the chance to get a kid like Kemp.

Pros: he misses all of next year, but we have enough experience and good enough depth that we don't need to call on a draftee anyway. Then comes back for 2021 ready to go.

Cons: he potentially ends up another Ling and we have two first-round kids eternally on the sidelines.

He might be worth the risk. If we get Carlton’s first (pick 9) for Papley (I’m not saying I want to trade him) then we could perhaps go Kemp and a safer one at pick 4/5

He might be worth the risk. If we get Carlton’s first (pick 9) for Papley (I’m not saying I want to trade him) then we could perhaps go Kemp and a safer one at pick 4/5
Any chance of getting Tom Green from GWS in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back