List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that he is meeting with recruiters after the game. It is more an indication that he has a relationship in some way with the club already. That's good to be a good thing I would think????

Yeah for sure, I wasn't doubting your info, just think Twomey might be drawing a long bow there.

I rate Serong though so I ain't complaining!

Possible be there at 4 still?

I think there's a chance he makes it to pick 4 or 5 because he is simply over-shadowed by more hyped-up kids, like Green the academy boy, or Young and Ash whose foot skills are raved about. Just a lot of unknowns in this draft though

Will anyone bid on Green and make GWS move up to pick 3 or 4?

Will anyone take a risk on Kemp?

Will GC get a priority pick?

These are the scouting notes for Serong in the Vic Country vs SA game;
Again led from the front for Country, posting fantastic numbers as a constant in the midfield. Serong showcased his inside qualities, making up for a lack of height with his clear strength and intensity around the ball to prize out 10 clearances in all areas of the ground. Given over half of his possessions were contested, Serong’s kicking was compensated at times with some clearing balls skidding along the turf and others ending in turnovers or throw-ins. Still has obvious class though and looks neat with more high percentage kicks, but had a bit of a down day in that area. That still doesn’t take away from his outstanding performance, and he could have ended up with a couple of goals to cap off the display had quick snaps had he put away some his quick chances. Just works so hard and looks tireless, making him a reliable commodity with good versatility.

His assessment in the WA match weren't anywhere near as impressive but then again they weren't for the whole team.

I think there's a chance he makes it to pick 4 or 5 because he is simply over-shadowed by more hyped-up kids, like Green the academy boy, or Young and Ash whose foot skills are raved about. Just a lot of unknowns in this draft though

Will anyone bid on Green and make GWS move up to pick 3 or 4?

Will anyone take a risk on Kemp?

Will GC get a priority pick?
We might come unstuck if Melbourne or Adelaide bids on Green which will set us back one pick (assuming GWS match). Neither team needs another inside mid though.

“Caleb Serong is flattered when he is compared to Port Adelaide’s Robbie Gray and Sydney’s Tom Papley...”
I like that he's looking at doing commerce or accounting. Clearly no dummy.

If Carlton ask about Papley I would suggest Weitering - they would say no but that is about the only way I can think of being OK losing him

Still reckon Brayshaw is one we should go after. He's venturing into big fish territory but he strikes me as a competitive bugger who'd hate being at a club that is all but blatantly tanking. Offer him up the number one midfielder position (which he would be if he was in our team) and try and get a deal done. Also reckon he wouldn't be phased moving interstate, both his brothers are in WA even further from home.

Still reckon Brayshaw is one we should go after. He's venturing into big fish territory but he strikes me as a competitive bugger who'd hate being at a club that is all but blatantly tanking. Offer him up the number one midfielder position (which he would be if he was in our team) and try and get a deal done. Also reckon he wouldn't be phased moving interstate, both his brothers are in WA even further from home.
They've also forced him to play as a wing for half the season, despite him not being an outside midfielder's arsehole.

What makes you think he wouldn’t mind moving interstate? I’m absolutely nothing like my brother, so I don’t see any relevance. They don’t share the same brain you know!

What makes you think he wouldn’t mind moving interstate? I’m absolutely nothing like my brother, so I don’t see any relevance. They don’t share the same brain you know!

Well the fact two of his siblings aren't in Melbourne anyway means there's slightly less of a pull to keep him there. Only a minor thing but it's still a factor. There's more than one way to skin a cat!

Well the fact two of his siblings aren't in Melbourne anyway means there's slightly less of a pull to keep him there. Only a minor thing but it's still a factor. There's more than one way to skin a cat!
They got drafted, doesn’t mean they absolutely want to be there and it certainly doesn’t mean that he’d want to leave Victoria. Maybe his mother and father enjoy his company, maybe their cat does too! I have no idea what you mean by that comment though, it makes no sense whatsoever Mr Teacher!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They got drafted, doesn’t mean they absolutely want to be there and it certainly doesn’t mean that he’d want to leave Victoria. Maybe his mother and father enjoy his company, maybe their cat does too! I have no idea what you mean by that comment though, it makes no sense whatsoever Mr Teacher!

I said it was a factor! One of many we could use in a case to try and lure him away from the Dees to us. I'm sorry for hypothesising in the hypotheticals thread ;)

I'm not going to pretend I know everything about this draft, but I saw one game of Gippsland last year when Serong was playing and he was very very good. A clear standout.

The only other player I would like us to pick up is Lachlan Potter. Great speed and run and carry from the backline. Havent seen any games from this year though and don't know how well he will translate to AFL but that's why he won't be a high pick 🙃

How's that Rossiter forward from Eastern going? Saw him look unstoppable with 6 goals in a thunder storm last season.

I said it was a factor! One of many we could use in a case to try and lure him away from the Dees to us. I'm sorry for hypothesising in the hypotheticals thread ;)
I could pull factors out of my arse and hypothesize too, but it’s just ******* ridiculous to post s**t like that!

Next minute you’ll be telling us Trump could be our Chairman because he likes the color red and the sun shines a lot!

Those games will be few and far between. You only need to look at his handballing and kicking technique (don't even get me started on his awareness and composure) to see that he's probably not cut out for this sport. The only defence he seems to have is his elite tank, so maybe he should try for track and field sports. (I don't mean that in a condescending way, I'd just hate to see some kid struggle away at a career being nothing more than a C-grader because some wanky sports scientist has told him his GPS numbers are wonderful.)

Geezus mate the bloke has made it onto an AFL list and you reckon he's not cut out for footy?

Get a ******* grip. Seriously.

Captain of Melbourne Grammar 1st XVIII.
Average 31 disposals for Eastern Rangers.

Just because a bloke doesn't display "elite disposal" at the level doesn't mean he's not cut out for the sport. It just means he's not as good as others who play at that level.

Honestly, the way you write about players you'd think it should just be a 5 Team AFLX because that's about as far as the talent can be spread.

I'm not Clarke's biggest fan. I'd have preferred we kept Towers and Robbo. But FFS spare us all this patronising s**t.

Not cut out for this sport. Good grief!

Probably depends on Melbourne
Melbourne and Adelaide have plenty of inside/contest players. They need outside run. I can see GC going for Rowell, Melbourne for Anderson and Adelaide for Ash or Young.

hehehe ... years ago we were conned into recruiting Gary (crazy horse) Cowton. That will not be repeated.

The Swans recruited Gary Cowton from Footscray in 1981.

North traded him to Footscray (with others) for Gary Dempsey in 1979.

Gary Cowton was a duel premiership player (75 & 77).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back