List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swans recruited Gary Cowton from Footscray in 1981.

North traded him to Footscray (with others) for Gary Dempsey in 1979.

Gary Cowton was a duel premiership player (75 & 77).
So was David Dench...he was also an All-Australian but most notably a convicted fraud!

The Swans recruited Gary Cowton from Footscray in 1981.

North traded him to Footscray (with others) for Gary Dempsey in 1979.

Gary Cowton was a duel premiership player (75 & 77).

Good point. I confess I really enjoyed watching the crazy horse run, including for us.

So was David Dench...he was also an All-Australian but most notably a convicted fraud!

Under the pernicious influence of a barren culture at Norf, Grant deteriorated from the fine young bloke he was at the Swans to a person with anger management issues towards women.

Good point. I confess I really enjoyed watching the crazy horse run, including for us.

Big Gary was/is a "character".

A very intellectual man, who used to get around in a kaftan smoking "funny" cigarettes back in the 70's. Got a commerce degree and did a lot of very good work with ATSIC in remote areas of the country after football, and ran for the senate in the last election.

Big Gary was/is a "character".

A very intellectual man, who used to get around in a kaftan smoking "funny" cigarettes back in the 70's. Got a commerce degree and did a lot of very good work with ATSIC in remote areas of thge country after football, and ran for the senate in the last election.

Thanks for that. Think he was a mate of Tiger's. Your story makes sense.

Thanks for that. Think he was a mate of Tiger's. Your story makes sense.

Ron Barassi to Gary 'Crazy Horse' Cowton: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance or is it apathy?"

Gary Cowton: "I don't know and I don't care"

What is this crap? I thought this was the Swans trade board

Just history mate. Hopefully BF folk 40 years from now will exchange memories of characters drafted and traded.

He was nearly BOG vs GWS. Beat Whitfield.

That's no reason to change his role every week (if not every quarter).

Give him a clear role and if that role isn't needed, bring someone else in.

His role hasn’t changed drastically

You make it sound like he went full forward, ruck, full back etc

Geezus mate the bloke has made it onto an AFL list and you reckon he's not cut out for footy?

Get a ******* grip. Seriously.

Captain of Melbourne Grammar 1st XVIII.
Average 31 disposals for Eastern Rangers.

Just because a bloke doesn't display "elite disposal" at the level doesn't mean he's not cut out for the sport. It just means he's not as good as others who play at that level.

Honestly, the way you write about players you'd think it should just be a 5 Team AFLX because that's about as far as the talent can be spread.

I'm not Clarke's biggest fan. I'd have preferred we kept Towers and Robbo. But FFS spare us all this patronising s**t.

Not cut out for this sport. Good grief!

OK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd reckons Carlton getting coniglio Papley and jack Martin

They're definitely "different".

You'd think 20 years of cellar dwelling would have sobered them up.

People will get a reminder about how unbearable this lot can be, if they do actually start to threaten.

They're definitely "different".

You'd think 20 years of cellar dwelling would have sobered them up.

People will get a reminder about how unbearable this lot can be, if they do actually start to threaten.

The ONE key component of why they have played well in any game over the last 10 years has revolved around one player for Carlton.
KREUSER!
He is responsible for all this 'success' on field & has made Teague look better than he actually is as a coach.
Kreuser is an enormous player who I have rated as one of the best ruckmen in the last 10 years. The guy just hasn't been able to get on the park!

The ONE key component of why they have played well in any game over the last 10 years has revolved around one player for Carlton.
KREUSER!
He is responsible for all this 'success' on field & has made Teague look better than he actually is as a coach.
Kreuser is an enormous player who I have rated as one of the best ruckmen in the last 10 years. The guy just hasn't been able to get on the park!

Agree.

One. Hundred. Percent.

A massively underrated player, heavily affected by injury.

I'm not going to pretend I know everything about this draft, but I saw one game of Gippsland last year when Serong was playing and he was very very good. A clear standout.

The only other player I would like us to pick up is Lachlan Potter. Great speed and run and carry from the backline. Havent seen any games from this year though and don't know how well he will translate to AFL but that's why he won't be a high pick 🙃

How's that Rossiter forward from Eastern going? Saw him look unstoppable with 6 goals in a thunder storm last season.
Potter has missed the last 4 or so games with a shoulder injury...you are right about his run, his efficiency is always improving and he has some good footy smarts...is light though.

I think there's a chance he makes it to pick 4 or 5 because he is simply over-shadowed by more hyped-up kids, like Green the academy boy, or Young and Ash whose foot skills are raved about. Just a lot of unknowns in this draft though

Will anyone bid on Green and make GWS move up to pick 3 or 4?

Will anyone take a risk on Kemp?

Will GC get a priority pick?
We should bid on Green....I think he will be the best player for us at out pick.

I like that he's looking at doing commerce or accounting. Clearly no dummy.
Maybe doesnt trust agents and wants to handle his own affairs!!!

We should bid on Green....I think he will be the best player for us at out pick.

Mmmmmm I am more of a Serong fan myself, but that’s just me personally. Can’t go wrong with either really, and at least with Green we’d get one back on GWS for their ridiculous Blakey bid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back