List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's he on this season $1.3m or is it up to $1.5m. Either way it is a great opportunity for opposition clubs to raid your depth, much like the swans did with JK3.

Why? He’s not really an outlier. What’s dusty on

Tippett Hannebery gone this year and Grundy McVeigh Smith etc

Should be fine

Mitchell is the only one on that list that was possibly 'pushed out' because of money.

Rohan and Hanners being on the list is laughable as they were already under long term contracts, Newman was going to be delisted or paid * all anyway, and Jetta and Nankervis wanted to change state and was nothing to do with money.

With the amount of experience likely leaving this year..we cannot let either jones or dawson go. No excuse not to sign them....in fact id start negotioations with dawson now while the excitement of a solid stretch of games is still there

I’d like to see the 2021 or 2022 premiership side mapped out

Who on the list is in it, and who do we just churn out

I remember about 2006 some journal did a hawks 2009 flag side , obviously won in 2008

I hope the club is planning ruthlessly and cut those who won’t make it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember about 2006 some journal did a hawks 2009 flag side , obviously won in 2008

Good exercise to do over this year of discontent. In his probable legacy year I wonder whether Horse has given thought to this exercise.

Four of the oldsters will go this year. Of the current seniors, Buddy will be an impact player in limited minutes, Rampe will still be there while JPK will have gone and Parker/Sinkers/Reid will have been traded or fringe.

Of others on our list only the following would be definite party of Premiership tilts in 21 and 22.
Florent, Haycart, papley, Dawson, Allir, McCartin, Rowbottom, Blakey, Ling, McInerney, Hewett, Lloyd

If you look at it from a 2021/2022 perspective, we have nothing to panic about, because we have as much young talent on the list that will be entering their primes around this time as any other club in the competition. But it's a matter of who will be around them and ensuring they become more than just a good team but one that can really succeed and capitalise on that talent.

Eg. by then Parker will be a veteran, will he still be a lead-by-example veteran like JPK or a liability veteran like Jack? (Early signs suggest the latter)

Buddy will be gone or very close to, will we have a star forward who can kick 60+ goals reliably in Buddy's absence? (Early signs, with Blakey talked up as a midfielder and McCartin being the best key defender of all time, suggests no.)

This is why we need to capitalise on the trade period now. Get some solid experienced players, maybe a key forward and a star mid, in that 23-26 year old range now so they will still be at their peaks when the youngsters on our list catch up and enter their own primes. We manage that, and I think we have a real team to look forward to in a few years. Just depends whose coaching it..

Good exercise to do over this year of discontent. In his probable legacy year I wonder whether Horse has given thought to this exercise.

Four of the oldsters will go this year. Of the current seniors, Buddy will be an impact player in limited minutes, Rampe will still be there while JPK will have gone and Parker/Sinkers/Reid will have been traded or fringe.

Of others on our list only the following would be definite party of Premiership tilts in 21 and 22.
Florent, Haycart, papley, Dawson, Allir, McCartin, Rowbottom, Blakey, Ling, McInerney, Hewett, Lloyd

Reckon you’re missing Heeney, Mills and Jones from that list.

If you look at it from a 2021/2022 perspective, we have nothing to panic about, because we have as much young talent on the list that will be entering their primes around this time as any other club in the competition. But it's a matter of who will be around them and ensuring they become more than just a good team but one that can really succeed and capitalise on that talent.

Eg. by then Parker will be a veteran, will he still be a lead-by-example veteran like JPK or a liability veteran like Jack? (Early signs suggest the latter)

Buddy will be gone or very close to, will we have a star forward who can kick 60+ goals reliably in Buddy's absence? (Early signs, with Blakey talked up as a midfielder and McCartin being the best key defender of all time, suggests no.)

This is why we need to capitalise on the trade period now. Get some solid experienced players, maybe a key forward and a star mid, in that 23-26 year old range now so they will still be at their peaks when the youngsters on our list catch up and enter their own primes. We manage that, and I think we have a real team to look forward to in a few years. Just depends whose coaching it..

We have some great kids

Odds suggest they won’t all make it or stay/ some player similar spots or don’t feel a need

There’s players to bring in from elsewhere who could be key parts

I think the main one to build around is Heeney in the middle/fwd , then maybe a mccartin, Blakey as well

We have some great kids

Odds suggest they won’t all make it or stay/ some player similar spots or don’t feel a need

There’s players to bring in from elsewhere who could be key parts

I think the main one to build around is Heeney in the middle/fwd , then maybe a mccartin, Blakey as well

Yep Heeney is the most talented player on our list bar none (sorry Bud)

I also think if he, Florent, Aliir and Hayward all reach their full potential, we will be a contender regardless of who we do or don't bring in. I think they are the four who just have something special as opposed to say Hewett or Mills who I think will just be good, reliable role players within the team.

Yep Heeney is the most talented player on our list bar none (sorry Bud)

I also think if he, Florent, Aliir and Hayward all reach their full potential, we will be a contender regardless of who we do or don't bring in. I think they are the four who just have something special as opposed to say Hewett or Mills who I think will just be good, reliable role players within the team.

I think we need a ruckman long term

Sinclair might last. Not sure why we extended Naismith, he better be good going forward

I think we need a ruckman long term

Sinclair might last. Not sure why we extended Naismith, he better be good going forward

I think it was more out of necessity than anything. Sinclair isn't much chop, despite his big ticker, and so our ruck stocks are very thin. At the very least, by keeping Naismith on the list we've ensured we have some ruck depth, even if it's not that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back