List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when you can get him for free next year. People keep saying that his value will go up if he has a good season. Thats possible but unlikely. However, if he is injured for most of the season we would have dodged a bullet.

I have to admit i just like the idea of the trade splash that comes with daniher more than anything

its an aggressive move

In all this Daniher talk, I’m still clinging to hope that Wines is the real target.

Papley to Carlton for pick 8, on-traded to Port for Wines.

As much as I really hope Papley stays, if we get Wines I could live with it.

Don't want Wines. Looked great in his first few years but never really developed like most people thought he would.

Have we got cap to get 2 high profile players Ted

Buddy 1.4 alone
Well as I mentioned earlier, Daniher signed an extension at $2M for 3 years according to reports. If he wants out of Essendon then he may have been told we won't go much higher than that, maybe 750 to 800K. This is definitely a lifestyle & wellbeing move for Joe so I don't think it's so much a money thing though we will need to remunerate him well.

Macca, Jack, Smith, Reg, Tippo & possibly Jones & Papley if all reports are true & Hanners off the cap last. So say 400K each x 7 players. That's $2.8M. Increase in cap takes care of Bud & the young age demographic suggests the lower end of our list is barely making a dent in our cap.
So that leaves us with the mystery of who could this possible player be that I am waffling on about.
Forget Grundy because you are right, too much money on too few players but we certainly would consider another player or players at 600K to 800K. I think we have been aggressive with our list after the trade ban, cola removal & waited for these retirements to strike & add some well established best 22, mid career players from other clubs.
Just Daniher, as great as it sounds, would only improve our list if we kepy Jones & Papley.
It would still leave us vulnerable down back, in tge ruck & in the middle.
So I am suggesting that if we were to give up a gun forward in Paps & an established line breaking midfielder in Jones, then we would have a plan in place to bring in best 22 players into the ruck, back & midfield.
I am adamant we are up to something else that will make us once again the best list managers in the AFL.

But yes, Grundy may be a stretch.

Don't want Wines. Looked great in his first few years but never really developed like most people thought he would.

Really? Been averaging over 25 possessions a game for the last four seasons, 43 Brownlow votes in 2016-2018. Had a down year this year because of injury, but he would clearly be walking right into our first choice midfield rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see joe heading to swans for 2021 season (FA) if he decides for a fresh start. I don’t think the swans will part with top pick and trading with the Essendon list manager seems a nightmare. Another year to get his body right probably sits ok with most at the swans anyway. Unfortunate for joe if he wants out considering he would want a long term deal in the bag given his injury troubles

He is RFA, not FA in 2020

Minor clarification

Now Barry Hall weighing in on the Daniher Story as per the Herald Sun. Telling him to be selfish with his decision and if he wants to get away from the Melbourne fishbowl telling him he thrived in Sydney. Offering to lend an Ear if he wants to talk. Paywall article of course.

Well as I mentioned earlier, Daniher signed an extension at $2M for 3 years according to reports. If he wants out of Essendon then he may have been told we won't go much higher than that, maybe 750 to 800K. This is definitely a lifestyle & wellbeing move for Joe so I don't think it's so much a money thing though we will need to remunerate him well.

Macca, Jack, Smith, Reg, Tippo & possibly Jones & Papley if all reports are true & Hanners off the cap last. So say 400K each x 7 players. That's $2.8M. Increase in cap takes care of Bud & the young age demographic suggests the lower end of our list is barely making a dent in our cap.
So that leaves us with the mystery of who could this possible player be that I am waffling on about.
Forget Grundy because you are right, too much money on too few players but we certainly would consider another player or players at 600K to 800K. I think we have been aggressive with our list after the trade ban, cola removal & waited for these retirements to strike & add some well established best 22, mid career players from other clubs.
Just Daniher, as great as it sounds, would only improve our list if we kepy Jones & Papley.
It would still leave us vulnerable down back, in tge ruck & in the middle.
So I am suggesting that if we were to give up a gun forward in Paps & an established line breaking midfielder in Jones, then we would have a plan in place to bring in best 22 players into the ruck, back & midfield.
I am adamant we are up to something else that will make us once again the best list managers in the AFL.

But yes, Grundy may be a stretch.

Would love to think we could get ready made ruck, kpd, a grade mids and Daniher but doubt we have the $. I think we have been pretty tight on cap for a while and guess they would have already budgeted in the cash for the retirees to just keep what we have. Could get Daniher and maybe one other good player but reckon we are going to have to make do in a few places.
Our style would be to find a cheap kpd that needs a chance - possible a ruck in same boat as well, but not many about.
How about Jack Leslie from GC - good size and age and showed a bit early. Not a great sign struggling to get a game for the wooden spooners but key defence was O from what I saw - long shot but would be cheap.

Too much noise for this not to be true..if daniher was staying at the bombers, something would habe been said by now
Last year parker came out and said it wasn't true wjen he was linked to Essendon.

At this point last year Jake Lloyd was certainly going to leave the club after he wasn't signed on by the end of the season and hadn't publicly come out denying the rumours that he was heading elsewhere for 2019.

On September 21 he then signed a four year contract extension.

I suspect none of Papley, Jones and Daniher are 100% certain where they will be playing next season. I'm not sure why anyone else would be certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back