List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anbody else think we should throw some cash at scott thompson from north? Bit of a hack but he's a bloody good defender.. I was suprised he retired this year.

No way. He is spent. We need to be focusing on players who are going to be around in two or three seasons time at least.

I did hear one Daniher trade

Reid good but also mccartin (yuck) for Daniher

Everyone’s just guessing though
Swapping a young gun forward for an older injury prone gun forward. Sounds like something we would do. 🙄

Hsun article is just speculating. I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

That said, I think our first next year is almost more valuable (to us) than pick 4 this year. The general view seems to be that Gulden and Campbell are potentially mid to late 1st round picks (although opinion on this does vary). But if our 1st pick comes before any bid for them ... we could effectively have three 1st round picks next year.
I'm the opposite. If you get a pick 4 your keep it. You get a really good player with that pick.

Both players next year should be in the teens or twenties. We can eat into the points of the subsequent picks if necessary.

That description makes it sound like we want to give up Papley, or are forced to do so to get currency to get Daniher. My understanding is that Papley wants to go back to Victoria.
Who has made that comment other than the Melbourne media? Certainly haven't heard it from Paps.

Seems like a fair trade

Buddy + Papley = Mason Wood

and yes, it is a parody account, but you can bet some North Melbourne fan thinks it is a fair trade.

LOL. I've lost what little respect I had for Stevens. That's laughable. Jessinta is from Sydney and Buddy is from Perth. They are expecting a baby. Why go to Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL. I've lost what little respect I had for Stevens. That's laughable. Jessinta is from Sydney and Buddy is from Perth. They are expecting a baby. Why go to Melbourne?
And as if some club will pick up his current contract at this stage of the deal. We are paying him over $1m per season at the moment. Surely he is trolling.

If the Herald Sun article is correct, and we can get Daniher without losing Papley, then:

2. We say he's not worth two firsts and
a. he's worth one only and here's Pick 4; and
b. Bombers say p off he's worth more than one first rounder; and
c. we then say split the difference and here's 4 and 23 (or 4 and whatever second rounder we get for Jones).

Can't see us allowing 1 - we need next year's first for academy picks, and we probably want to trade this years second for a second next year.

I reckon 2c is most likely.
2c should read as: "we then say, ok, we'll take him next year as a free agent and you can take whatever the AFL deems appropriate. Good luck with that".

I certainly don't believe we should be offering up pick 4 for him. This trade will be one of the last completed during trade week (if at all) as there are probably numerous other trades that will need to be completed beforehand. The other major issue is that Essendon is the most difficult club in the AFL to deal with in regards to trading. I certainly hope that we hold firm with the argument of "take what we are offering now or we'll take him next year for nothing".

I think she is from Gold Coast actually. Your broader point is still valid tho.

Ok. Didn't see it was a parody. Thought he was trolling.
I think Mark Stevens's actual account has a verified tick, so the lack of one in that case should've given it away that it was a fake account.

So to sum the thread up...nobody has a clue as to what's going to happen.

We've jumped the shark before the season has even finished. God help us in trade week.

This has Moore and Langdon from last year written all over it. Oh ! and that injury riddled bloke from Melbourne We were supposed to be getting as well. Only my opinion but we do need to compliment the development of the list at the stage that it is at by bringing in a couple of ready made types where possible.

Last edited:
I think Mark Stevens's actual account has a verified tick, so the lack of one in that case should've given it away that it was a fake account.
Probably, but for me to have a Twitter account anyway is a pretty good effort. I will leave the finer points of it all up to millenials, etc. I still think Mark Stevens is an A-Grade knob anyway, so I just wasn't surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back