List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OR

3. Let's just enjoy watching Joe play for Essendon next year and
a. take him as a Free Agent next year or
b. throw all our efforts into getting a gun replacement for JPK in the midfield.

Agree with all this other than Joe just plays a couple of token games and concentrates on his rehab and fitness for 2021.

Hope we at least inquire about Frost from the dees.

Yep. He'd slot straight into FB and shouldn't break the bank. Plus we wouldn't need him to rebound too much.

Frost and Constable would be two I'd be speaking to immediately. If we lose Papley, I'd call Sam Gray too. Very confused why he seems to be on the out at Port. A very consistent seniors player as far as I can see.

Yep. He'd slot straight into FB and shouldn't break the bank. Plus we wouldn't need him to rebound too much.

Frost and Constable would be two I'd be speaking to immediately. If we lose Papley, I'd call Sam Gray too. Very confused why he seems to be on the out at Port. A very consistent seniors player as far as I can see.
Sam Gray is absolutely average. Takes up a list spot while you look for someone better. Waste of a spot and cap, IMO.

Actually said to a PA supporting mate earlier in the year that they will get nowhere while guys like Gray get a regular game. Fine for a low-ranked team who need a placeholder for a year or two, but not what you want if you are looking to challenge.

OR

3. Let's just enjoy watching Joe play for Essendon next year and
a. take him as a Free Agent next year or
b. throw all our efforts into getting a gun replacement for JPK in the midfield.
Look at Jesse Hogan trade. Didn’t get 2 x 1sts.

Dodoro is such a pain to deal with this will be held up until the 11th hour and ruin any chance of us doing other deals.

Frost, Constable and Mitch Hibberd would be a huge haul and do much better for us than paying big for Daniher this year as opposed to next. Frost has done well on Buddy too from memory so taking that out of the equation gives us a real good look at an extra 4-8 points too.
Though I think it would take a pretty bloody good financial and trade offer to get the first two. Can't see Constable being let go under any circumstances with a Selwood, Kelly and Ablett set to finish up.

edit: Hmm with May and Lever to pay I guess Frost is gettable. I'd offer him 3/4 years on good money for sure, very much needed position we need to upgrade with a reliable best 18 every week type. Leaves AA to intercept and Rampe to organise and not play on much bigge opponents. If Jones does go, I'd give up his return for Frost.

Last edited:
Frost, Constable and Mitch Hibberd would be a huge haul and do much better for us than paying big for Daniher this year as opposed to next. Frost has done well on Buddy too from memory so taking that out of the equation gives us a real good look at an extra 4-8 points too.
Though I think it would take a pretty bloody good financial and trade offer to get the first two. Can't see Constable being let go under any circumstances with a Selwood, Kelly and Ablett set to finish up.

edit: Hmm with May and Lever to pay I guess Frost is gettable. I'd offer him 3/4 years on good money for sure, very much needed position we need to upgrade with a reliable best 18 every week type. Leaves AA to intercept and Rampe to organise and not play on much bigge opponents. If Jones does go, I'd give up his return for Frost.

Here's how I see this Frost thing.
If Liam Jones has been turned around from a God Awful footballer to a reasonable defender, then a bloke like Frost, who can defend quite well but whose kicking may be suspect, can take the next step at a club that values him. The Demons are showing the guy no respect at all having listened to him on SEN this morning.

Go get him Swans. He's just looking to belong & be valued by his team mates. He will thrive in our system & fill a void we have down back for a big brute of a defender.

Jones for Frost + 2nd rd perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are! Why do we want Frost who is a woeful kick and questionable decision making skills...
He makes the odd bad decision, but 95% of the time he's fine with short kicks or handballs to runners. Lloyd, Rampe and AA would be a great set up around him IMHO. A good BIG lockdown type defender which we need badly. Fast too. Perfect to take on the likes of Hawkins, Lynch, Cameron and similar leaving AA to peel off the second and intercept - which is his strength.

He makes the odd bad decision, but 95% of the time he's fine with short kicks or handballs to runners. Lloyd, Rampe and AA would be a great set up around him IMHO. A good BIG lockdown type defender which we need badly. Fast too. Perfect to take on the likes of Hawkins, Lynch, Cameron and similar leaving AA to peel off the second and intercept - which is his strength.

Odd bad decision? You are very generous. Do not ever want Front! Jordan Foote was a Rhodes scholar on the field compared to Frost. I agree with the type you want just not Frost.

Look at Jesse Hogan trade. Didn’t get 2 x 1sts.

Dodoro is such a pain to deal with this will be held up until the 11th hour and ruin any chance of us doing other deals.

I think that would be a mistake. Swans should be open to trading for Daniher but pursue other trades at the same time. If it means splitting pick 4 and then offering the latter to the bombers so be it, just take 4 off the table from the get go on the understanding we will be splitting the pick.

We are! Why do we want Frost who is a woeful kick and questionable decision making skills...
A key position monster fb AND a second round pick for a single player who, yes is best 22 (so is frost) but would be comparable in mistakes and turnovers to frost. There is no way were getting the rough end of the stick in that scenario. I'd be happy I'd we got any sort of pick in return if those two traded places.

A key position monster fb AND a second round pick for a single player who, yes is best 22 (so is frost) but would be comparable in mistakes and turnovers to frost. There is no way were getting the rough end of the stick in that scenario. I'd be happy I'd we got any sort of pick in return if those two traded places.

If Frost is in our best 22 we have huge issues. I'm sorry I don't rate him, would rather get someone else or draft one. Lets trade out the one bloke who has leg speed for a defender who can't kick and has questionable footy smarts (and I'm being generous on the latter one). Would rather take two seconds if that's the going rate, or a second and an early third

Is Frost that good? He's never impressed me.

He’s no world beater - but Melican is regressing & we need someone to take the opposition’s no.1 tall.

I'd rather Melican and that says it all about Frost!

Frost has higher disposal efficiency (despite having a higher ratio of kicks to handballs) than Jones. He's also 10th in the league for intercepts. Jones is a comfortably superior player at the moment, but let's not go bending the truth.

Melican was awful this year, but he is a rookie draft key defender who came into the season off a season long injury and only 20 games.

Im still confident that he will be a long term key defender and I am not sure that bringing in a player like Frost would help his development.

I agree that we need some support for Rampe, but Frost seems like a band aid decision that desperate teams make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back