List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe enquired!never sure but I think all clubs lacking a ruckman would have to at least enquire. But true, never sure.
Personal thinking, only a report that I can’t validate and have not had access to my source but I think the club is happy with Knoll (12 months). They’re more than happy with Naismith and Sinclair backing up. If anything, they’ll develop someone. I’d be happy to say Brodie Grundy will never be a Swan (unfortunately).

Im not shaming your opinion. I’m shaming your denigration.
Jesus I’ve given you an example. “Horse f’ed up with Mills”. That’s just a ridiculous thing to say and you present it as unarguable fact “no matter how you slice it or dice it”.

You keep doing that in that way, I’ll keep shaming you. Because maybe I’m an old campaigner, but there’s a thing called manners. And if you’re going to say something about someone, you’d better be prepared to say that to them.
Horse is so poor a coach he probably tells Rampe to jump fence chains.

I know I’ll be pummelled but....

I’d be happy to see the Swans give up pick 4 & instead trade it for 2 late first rounders.

Luke Jackson could be the next Grundy & Jackson Mead looks like the inside mid we really need.

I’m not convinced there’s much difference between 3 & 23 this year.
We traded Nankervis as last ruck we drafted.

Did Mitchell go early?
wasn’t that day 1? Was sure it was.

The Mitchell trade happened on 12 October 2016. The trade period is opened on 10 October.

So, again, I ask, what deals have we done on day one with no negotiation?

Surely there are enough real things in life to be frustrated about than just making brand new non-real things up?

The Mitchell trade happened on 12 October 2016. The trade period is opened on 10 October.

So, again, I ask, what deals have we done on day one with no negotiation?

Surely there are enough real things in life to be frustrated about than just making brand new non-real things up?

So we lasted all of what 1 day before we caved in? There is a whole week. I’ve said this for a long time, take your time, especially for our good players. We need to get the MOST out of the trade not the least as usual. I’m over us being “The nice guys”. Sometimes you need to be harsh in negotiations.

So we lasted all of what 1 day before we caved in? There is a whole week. I’ve said this for a long time, take your time, especially for our good players. We need to get the MOST out of the trade not the least as usual. I’m over us being “The nice guys”. Sometimes you need to be harsh in negotiations.

You have given one example where we didn't cave on day one. What are the others to justify you saying that we do it all the time?

You are full of s**t. If we did the trade on the last day you would be the first on here complaining that we didn't do the deal earlier so we could move on to other matters.

Where the * have you been? A week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s almost as though you reckon trade discussions commenced on Day 1 of trade week rather than some weeks before.

Personal thinking, only a report that I can’t validate and have not had access to my source but I think the club is happy with Knoll (12 months). They’re more than happy with Naismith and Sinclair backing up. If anything, they’ll develop someone. I’d be happy to say Brodie Grundy will never be a Swan (unfortunately).
Fair call.

I know I’ll be pummelled but....

I’d be happy to see the Swans give up pick 4 & instead trade it for 2 late first rounders.

Luke Jackson could be the next Grundy & Jackson Mead looks like the inside mid we really need.

I’m not convinced there’s much difference between 3 & 23 this year.
I thought Mead was a FS selection? Plenty of good inside mids in this draft. Rantal and Philp are looking like being available in the 20-40 range for example.

The only thing which makes me think we're still going after a ruck is we haven't locked McLean or Knoll down yet. In saying that the only rumour I've heard is in Smith at the Lions
This article a month ago suggests that knoll has re-signed for another 12 month's.

Eddie saying he is hearing Papley is off to Carlton

No problem, they can have him. But we will have pick 8 and their 1st next year. They are desperate to buy, we aren't desperate to sell.

Otherwise he will be a swans player next year, and we can revisit it in 12 months (when the price will be the same).

At least that's how I hope our recruiters would have it go down. I am not confident of this.

The only thing which makes me think we're still going after a ruck is we haven't locked McLean or Knoll down yet. In saying that the only rumour I've heard is in Smith at the Lions
McLean is a good honest tryer, but he's not up to being an AFL ruck - just not long enough. Not sure he's mobile enough for KPP either... I reckon pretty good lower league player might be his thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back