List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’ll be pummelled but....

I’d be happy to see the Swans give up pick 4 & instead trade it for 2 late first rounders.

Luke Jackson could be the next Grundy & Jackson Mead looks like the inside mid we really need.

I’m not convinced there’s much difference between 3 & 23 this year.
If Papley is going we need another one. Flanders looks ideal. Can't go past him at 5.
Have people watched him play? I'd be interested in comparisons/reviews.
He had 27 touches and 4 goals on the team with Rowell and Anderson recently! :oops:

I saw that, looks tempting but I wondered....
Is he small/nimble enough to be a small forward at 189 - or whatever he was? Not sure we need a medium forward looking at our list.

186 I believe (though he’s a serious unit). He’s less key forward and more Dustin Martin one-out in the goal square, which is personally a role I think Heeney should have permanently, but alas..

I reckon he’d also be at the very least as good as Menzel was this year, but with even more upside.

If Papley is going we need another one. Flanders looks ideal. Can't go past him at 5.
Have people watched him play? I'd be interested in comparisons/reviews.
He had 27 touches and 4 goals on the team with Rowell and Anderson recently! :oops:

I like Flanders, that game you speak of was a massive single-quarter burst that nearly turned a game for the Power. He’s better suited to us in size but I don’t think he’s been as consistent across four quarters and week by week as Serong, and he is not as classy as pre-injury Kemp. I’d even prefer Deven Robertson over Flanders just on the back of his consistency.

But that’s just my perspective, you can read his scouting notes here from those who have paid a lot closer attention to him than I have:

I like Flanders, that game you speak of was a massive single-quarter burst that nearly turned a game for the Power. He’s better suited to us in size but I don’t think he’s been as consistent across four quarters and week by week as Serong, and he is not as classy as pre-injury Kemp. I’d even prefer Deven Robertson over Flanders just on the back of his consistency.

But that’s just my perspective, you can read his scouting notes here from those who have paid a lot closer attention to him than I have:

Thanks for link, will read. I prefer him cause he's a unit like Papley and will be able to play from round 1 next year with talent seemingly the equal.
Serong very likely gone to Crows anyhow, he's what they need. But guess we find out on the day...

Eddie saying he is hearing Papley is off to Carlton
Well we can quite reasonably assume that carlton are giving us exactly what we want for him & that would be no less than a first round pick this season or more probably a first round pick or picks worth enough pointys to allow us to take two Academy picks next season.

My question is this?
Now that the coach is known & has security going forward, is next season just going to be another stepping stone with an eye on the future, with the hope that we can make finals, but not concerned if we don't.

OR

Are we really going to be aggressive in trading now, hence the Papley move in order to address our deficiencies.
Those deficiencies in order of importance IMO?
1. A ruckman ready to go round 1.
2. A ruckman ready to go round 1.
3a. A big key defender ready to go round 1 who can release Rampe to become that attacking backman.
3b. A gun inside midfielder around 25 years old, who can instantly assist JPK in his last years & that can help keep the opposition from winning the ball.

Should we address all these areas, then I see no reason why we can't challenge for top 4 in season 2020.

Last edited:
Well we can quite reasonably assume that carlton are giving us exactly what we want for him & that would be no less than a first round pick this season or more probably a first round pick or picks worth enough pointys to allow us to take two Academy picks next season.

My question is this?
Now that the coach is known & has security going forward, is next season just going to be another stepping stone with an eye on the future, with the hope that we can make finals, but not concerned if we don't.

OR

Are we really going to be aggressive in trading now, hence the Papley move in order to address our deficiencies.
Those deficiencies in order of importance IMO?
1. A ruckman ready to go round 1.
2. A ruckman ready to go round 1.

3a. A big key defender ready to go round 1 who can release Rampe to become that attacking backman.
3b. A gun inside midfielder aroung 25 years old, who can instantly assist JPK in his last years & that can help keep the opposition from winning the ball.

Should we address all these areas, then I see no reason why we can't challenge for top 4 in season 2020.

I can't see any scenario outside of a Buddy like free agency/trade miracle (which isn't going to happen) that we will have a ruckman on our list who is any better than sinclair or naismith.

Rutten on radio saying he is looking forward to working with Daniher in the pre season.

Not sure the guy has made his mind up
I get the feeling it will be another trade season like last year where we got no one after all the talk.
Again I see no reason why we would give up Paps if we didn't take advantage of our position by getting in a "big fish" player to fulfill our own needs.

Sure, Carlton desperately needs a small goal sneak to fulfill their needs.
What's in it for us? Even though it's a high pick, what does pick 8 get us this year? I can't accept that it's all about getting Daniher. That would have to be a different deal to make me content.
For example. We have Daniher dangled in front of us so we dangle Papley out in front of North & Carlton.
Carlton & North win Papley over & there's no turning back for him, Essendon coaching change swings Daniher back their way. We lose Papley & don't get Daniher..............disaster if that was the power play.
So I can't have it as Papley needs to go so we get Daniher. Makes no sense. We go from a player that has been resilient & kicked 37 goals playing nearly every game for us to a bloke who has played 11 games in the last two years & who a mate of mine (Essendon supporter) calls him "Autumn leaves".
Doesn't fill me with confidence that Papley for Daniher will be a win for our club going forward.

It would be nothing but a gamble, so I'm thinking/hoping that the Papley trade MUST BE independant of a Daniher trade.

Please :sydney: let us come out of this with Serong/Flanders + McCasey and NOT a hugely risky injury prone guy trying to protect his bank 🙏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would even go as far as wanting Jacobs from Adelaide for a two year deal if nothing else, as a cheap & quick fix to our ruck problems to make us instantly competitive.
GWS have proven by bringing back an ageing & battered Mumford that you need a contest in the ruck at the very minimum & then anything can happen.
Mummy did that against one of the most dominant ruckman-midfielders the game has ever seen.
I want Grundy though. I have no facts or rumours to back up my desire but it just makes sense for us to throw the world at him & pick 4 & 8 WILL be tempting for the Pies.

I would even go as far as wanting Jacobs from Adelaide for a two year deal if nothing else, as a cheap & quick fix to our ruck problems to make us instantly competitive.
GWS have proven by bringing back an ageing & battered Mumford that you need a contest in the ruck at the very minimum & then anything can happen.
Mummy did that against one of the most dominant ruckman-midfielders the game has ever seen.
I want Grundy though. I have no facts or rumours to back up my desire but it just makes sense for us to throw the world at him & pick 4 & 8 WILL be tempting for the Pies.
Jacobs has declared gws

Imo we are shopping papley around a little or have given him the all clear to explore in better terms , Sydney and Harley would have put this s**t to bed of it wasn’t someone true.

I reckon we need the pick he will get us to go ahead will the other deals we have in place.

So i've been following this thread, and check it several times a day. It moves pretty fast, so perhaps some people have missed critical updates, and might need a post letting them know where things are at:

Papley - May or may not be going. Some people think he might, and several media figures speculate he might go. But he might not.

Daniher: May or may not leave Essendon. If he does, he might come to Sydney. Some people think he might, and several media figures speculate he might go. But he might not.

Jones - May or may not be going. Some people think he might, and several media figures speculate he might go. But he might not.

Lots of other players from lots of other clubs: May or may not be going. Some people think they might, and several media figures speculate they might go. But they might not.

Harley Bennell: May or may not play for us next season. He may, but he also may not.

Phew! Keep the good info coming!

So i've been following this thread, and check it several times a day. It moves pretty fast, so perhaps some people have missed critical updates, and might need a post letting them know where things are at:

Papley - May or may not be going. Some people think he might, and several media figures speculate he might go. But he might not.

Daniher: May or may not leave Essendon. If he does, he might come to Sydney. Some people think he might, and several media figures speculate he might go. But he might not.

Jones - May or may not be going. Some people think he might, and several media figures speculate he might go. But he might not.

Lots of other players from lots of other clubs: May or may not be going. Some people think they might, and several media figures speculate they might go. But they might not.

Harley Bennell: May or may not play for us next season. He may, but he also may not.

Thanks for clarifying. I was starting to lose track.

That sound's pretty hypothetical doesn't it?

Well what do you know, we are on the hypothetical thread.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back