List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the point still stands would you risk holding pick1 over a player like Oliver if that was the price?

For me I'd take Oliver every day of the week as you get a proven player with 10 years of football left in him.

each to their own though, and its not like we get a say in it anyway!

This year, yes I would. That's how highly I have Rowell though. If we somehow win 4 games or so and get pick 4 though, then that might be a better price. However for pick 1 this year, no I wouldn't.

I'd actually trade our 2020 first before this years.

Rowell a bull?
Nope.. he's a fantastic player... but a bull he aint!

We need class and poise as well as needing a bull. In otehr words we need all mids, we have zero mid depth

Still confused as to what source states we are after Oliver?

Hearing it from a good source (check my posting history, 100% record) that Clayton Oliver is looking like moving to the Swans on around $1m a year.

Makes sense, Hannebery off the books.

Heard it hear first or second.

Original post from the rumours board

So much this.

Jones + two second rounders (St Kilda's that we own + 2020)

Florent the wonder boy and bag of chips late round pick. Max offer.

Oliver has been down from his outstanding last year. I'd much rather take Rowell tbh - don't have to sacrafice a huge chunk of salary cap, nor give up massive assets to get him in - the net benefit would be thus negligible. We'd have to pay massive overs at the trade table given his contract status. Rowell's seemingly got the same ball winning traits but a lot quicker.

Picking up Goldy as a FA would be bloody handy if Naismith doesn't come back and do much. Not sure of Goldy's family situ and willingness to move though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will need next years first round likely for out academy selections. Plus we don't want to be in a position like Carlton this year if we are somewhere near the bottom of the table.

We have to also remember that the AFL look like they may be changing rules around academy selections, if a player is selected in the first round likely we would have to give up a first round selection for him (Rather than our past of trading first rounders for a flurry of points).
Then we should absolutely trade our first in 2020.
None of our prospective acadamy are worth a top 4 pick are they?
We can later trade up to the end of the 1st round.

Ahh.. no you did not.
My mistake, i thought that the Oliver bull reference then meant Rowell was too.
Anyway, dont think the Swans will suck as much as at least 2 other teams this year, so he won't be on the menu either.
I can see how you came to that conclusion re Rowell but even for an average sized player at just under 6ft, he certainly plays like the bull you seek!

At this point in time we remain on the bottom of the ladder. We all know Carlton are bad but I can’t see us being better, that’s just the reality of where we are as a club (I was going to say playing group).

Then we should absolutely trade our first in 2020.
None of our prospective acadamy are worth a top 4 pick are they?
We can later trade up to the end of the 1st round.

Gulden at this stage could very easily be worth a top 3 pick next year.

Dodged a bullet by not getting May.
Good reason why Campbell Brown snotted him back in Gold Coast's early days & they should have removed him back then with Hunt but instead made him captain.
He can't hide down here.

I doubt it is true, but if it were, it doesn’t specify that it will be this year. It may be when his contract comes up down the track.

Given his contract situation he would probably cost too much to get.
Macrae was the word last year out of left field Masey so hopefully there is something in that snippet of a rumour as he would be gold for us.

Gulden at this stage could very easily be worth a top 3 pick next year.

Even more reason to trade it in my view- match that bid with our second (probably pick 25 fish and another second via a trade).

Even more reason to trade it in my view- match that bid with our second (probably pick 25 fish and another second via a trade).

The AFL are making changes to bidding on academy prospects. Highly likely we will now at least have a selection in the first round when bidding. I personally don't agree with trading future first round selections, you never know what is going to happen.

The AFL are making changes to bidding on academy prospects. Highly likely we will now at least have a selection in the first round when bidding. I personally don't agree with trading future first round selections, you never know what is going to happen.

Doubt much will change from the current rules which see fair fir everyone anyway.

Doubt much will change from the current rules which see fair fir everyone anyway.

Whilst we have more need for the academies than other clubs, I doubt every club would see it as completely fair. I imagine there was quite a bit of anger over our trade antics last year.

Whilst we have more need for the academies than other clubs, I doubt every club would see it as completely fair. I imagine there was quite a bit of anger over our trade antics last year.

It favoured more sides than us last year- WCE are getting a top 20 pick this year!

It favoured more sides than us last year- WCE are getting a top 20 pick this year!

That trade did allow us to get Rowbottom so it's not completely bad.

Imagine if we traded our first round pick next year, finished bottom 4 and Gulden did his knee, causing him to slide down the draft?

I personally think its best we play it safe and hold onto that first round selection (Unless it's a trade for an out and out established gun (which is unlikely)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back