List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Yeah you make some good points. Still, lots can happen in between now and then. Sir Dane and Aliir could both get injured and then we would definitely, without a doubt, be getting Rowell. Who knows where we’ll end up. I just hope Horse pulls his finger out and stops playing blokes who don’t deserve selection, and then I’d happily cop whatever wins or losses we’ll get along the way!
Agreed. It’s very early to be guessing where we will finish. Gold Coast, North, Carlton all have winnable games coming up soon.

I’m liking this year’s draft class though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kirkswan

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't personally see Blakely as a full time mid, happy to be wrong there, and I'll put my hand up if it is wrong. I would think he'd play a portion forward too.
Me too... Imagine in three years time if our our forward line is good enough to regularly allow our midfield to rest forward and replace them with no lessening of intensity! Anyone know how Ronke is going back in the NEAFL? Please don't let him be a one hit wonder...

Papley, Parker, Blakey
Ronke, McCartin, Hayward

AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
I’m sorry but this need for A grade or Elite mids is a myth, this is a team sport and so long as they can work together, like many midfields do, that is all that matters. There’s an old saying ‘a champion team will always beat a team of champions’. Never been a truer statement ever (well, the death and taxes one does), has there GWS?

Which premiership side didn’t have an elite mid though

AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Just to piss the pies off if nothing else
If that was the only reason it would be enough for me.
Having a new number one ruckman would have a little upside too.
I love the old, "he'll stay at Pies or go back home to SA" assumption.
The best & most consistent ruckman in the land for the last two years or so would at least have our club asking the question.

AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/Trail Blazers
Moderator #1,367
How is Bont not elite?

Has size, can win the hard ball, is very clean under pressure, elite kick for a midfielder, can kick both feet, is an aerial threat, can play forward well...

Would instantly be our best player if he was in Sydney

AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
How is Bont not elite?

Has size, can win the hard ball, is very clean under pressure, elite kick for a midfielder, can kick both feet, is an aerial threat, can play forward well...

Would instantly be our best player if he was in Sydney
Agreed he’s at least high A Grade. Bulldogs have Macrae too.

AFL Club
Sydney
Bont was awesome in Saturday's greasy and tricky conditions in Ballarat. On those sort of days it is the one touch players who really stand out and he is one of them.

First time I have seen the Lions live in ages. I was immensely impressed with McCluggage. Brave, reads the play, keeps his feet, one touch and distributes the ball with intelligence. Would love both on our list. Oh well, no cost for dreams.

Top Bottom