List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True that - but look at how Hawks have shifted Hodge and was it Lewis out.
I wouldn't mind JPK learning to coach under Clarkson for two years, then coming back as our midfield coach. He'll not learn much under Horse after all.

Also: YES PLEASE ! https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-07/who-wants-a-lightningquick-200cm-key-defender

The Hawks also still had Burgoyne and Roughhead to help out around the club. If we traded out Kennedy and Buddy, plus Jack, McVegih, Smith and Grundy retired as expected we would be up dire straights in the leadership department.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
The Hawks also still had Burgoyne and Roughhead to help out around the club. If we traded out Kennedy and Buddy, plus Jack, McVegih, Smith and Grundy retired as expected we would be up dire straights in the leadership department.

Again - can see your point.
Sinkers, Parker, Hewett and Rampe are a good spine though and all we need in that department. We can throw in Papley too I think. Time for AA to also take on senior player title.
It's ALL about setting up a flag run with the young guys we have and can get from here IMHO. I think we've done really well over the past few years in getting some young talent in - and with lower picks. Need to go all out to get the absolute cream of the crop to go with it now. The faster we get them in, the better. A drip feed over years won't help us break through - though it may see us on the fringe of the 8.

I'm happy to blow it up by dealing those two to really go for the ultimate prize - which I don't see us getting with them as it stands. (Not that Hawks would do it - they only seem to get great players on a silver platter and the salary cap...)

If Jones wants to go - as bad as that is (really hope he stays) he's probably a pick in second round given contract status - can we throw in our 2nd round pick to move right up the order? What else can we throw at that to get up to grab Gold Coast's pick?

Apparently we are having a crack at Cameron so that may be where the talk of releasing buddy is coming from.

Can we get the annoying little Toblerone and the Italian rabbit as well.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Apparently we are having a crack at Cameron so that may be where the talk of releasing buddy is coming from.
The Jeremy variety? Ha! I'd love to see that! Won't happen. Oliver more of a chance

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
The Jeremy variety? Ha! I'd love to see that! Won't happen. Oliver more of a chance

Both far more likely to be just using us to drive their price up with their own club.
Cameron would be Buddy style pricing at the moment - and we don't win diddly with him given our midfield anyway. A straight swap with Reid might help their salary cap squeeze though. :p

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
True that - but look at how Hawks have shifted Hodge and was it Lewis out.
I wouldn't mind JPK learning to coach under Clarkson for two years, then coming back as our midfield coach. He'll not learn much under Horse after all.

A spine like this looks pretty good to me for the next crack at it. We also have a pretty good prospect we are yet to see in Tucker. I'm calling a flag in 2021 :)

COR...Mccartin...Rampe
McInerny...AA....Stoddart
Cunningham...Heeney...Lloyd
Blakey.....Parker....Dawson
Papley....Reid....Haywood

F: Ruck, Rowell, Hewett, Rowbottom,

Bench: 2020 top 6 mid pick fast ellusive good kick, the guy named in article below:arrowsmalldown: (Mills and Melican...depending on form/health/)

Also: YES PLEASE ! https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-07/who-wants-a-lightningquick-200cm-key-defender
Kelly sounds like he'd be a perfect fit for us (based on the description).

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
Adelaide must be loving Carlton right now, unless, some kind of shenannigans going on. That Stoker kid better become an out and out gun, or Carlton may take the title off Freo.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Needed the cash at the time. I was referring to no 1 trade. Now that i think about it, Croad may be the only ither one
Carlton aren’t that bad, they were up and about today and they played some good footy, real good footy! They won’t finish last, they’ll finish ahead of us. This is my opinion.

Worse trade ever

Weaver said:
Worst trade ever?

That's easy. Pick 16 and 46 for Stephen O'Reilly who played 12 games for you. AND you had to pay him illegally outside the cap. AND he blew the whistle on you. AND you had to pay a fine. AND you got kicked out of the draft and had to recruit hacks. AND it meant that your mulit-million investment in Denis Pagan was a waste because he had no players.

Stephen O'Reilly for - Pick 16, pick 46, $1m fine, pick 1, 2, 17 and 33 in the 2003 draft, pick 1 in the 2003 PSD, 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2004 draft.

I reckon that would have the McMahon trade covered by a couple of laps of Flemington, then a trip down the highway for a run round Caulfield, before a backtrack to run the length of the Moone Valley straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back