List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you make some good points. Still, lots can happen in between now and then. Sir Dane and Aliir could both get injured and then we would definitely, without a doubt, be getting Rowell. Who knows where we’ll end up. I just hope Horse pulls his finger out and stops playing blokes who don’t deserve selection, and then I’d happily cop whatever wins or losses we’ll get along the way!

Agreed. It’s very early to be guessing where we will finish. Gold Coast, North, Carlton all have winnable games coming up soon.

I’m liking this year’s draft class though.

I don't personally see Blakely as a full time mid, happy to be wrong there, and I'll put my hand up if it is wrong. I would think he'd play a portion forward too.
Me too... Imagine in three years time if our our forward line is good enough to regularly allow our midfield to rest forward and replace them with no lessening of intensity! Anyone know how Ronke is going back in the NEAFL? Please don't let him be a one hit wonder...

Papley, Parker, Blakey
Ronke, McCartin, Hayward

I’m sorry but this need for A grade or Elite mids is a myth, this is a team sport and so long as they can work together, like many midfields do, that is all that matters. There’s an old saying ‘a champion team will always beat a team of champions’. Never been a truer statement ever (well, the death and taxes one does), has there GWS?

Which premiership side didn’t have an elite mid though

Just to piss the pies off if nothing else

If that was the only reason it would be enough for me.
Having a new number one ruckman would have a little upside too.
I love the old, "he'll stay at Pies or go back home to SA" assumption.
The best & most consistent ruckman in the land for the last two years or so would at least have our club asking the question.

So yeah that’s one

Paul Williams was an all Australian mid iirc

As was Kirk I believe
Williams was also 32 yo, elite was well past him if you and others are saying JPK is no longer elite. JPK>>Williams

Kirk was never elite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams was also 32 yo, elite was well past him if you and others are saying JPK is no longer elite. JPK>>Williams

Kirk was never elite

True willo was faded

I’ll say Goodes though

How is Bont not elite?

Has size, can win the hard ball, is very clean under pressure, elite kick for a midfielder, can kick both feet, is an aerial threat, can play forward well...

Would instantly be our best player if he was in Sydney

How is Bont not elite?

Has size, can win the hard ball, is very clean under pressure, elite kick for a midfielder, can kick both feet, is an aerial threat, can play forward well...

Meh

I think he goes missing a lot.

How is Bont not elite?

Agreed he’s at least high A Grade. Bulldogs have Macrae too.

Bont was awesome in Saturday's greasy and tricky conditions in Ballarat. On those sort of days it is the one touch players who really stand out and he is one of them.

First time I have seen the Lions live in ages. I was immensely impressed with McCluggage. Brave, reads the play, keeps his feet, one touch and distributes the ball with intelligence. Would love both on our list. Oh well, no cost for dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back