List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys won't finish low enough to get Rowell/Anderson. Some of you are saying you need a rebounding defender; Hayden Young looks something special and would be around the Pick 3-6 range at this stage
Thanks, can we get access to that crystal ball of yours? Please also inform us on where we’ll finish, total number of wins (this is important as we could technically apply for a priority pick), who our new coach will be and whether Papley leaves for Melbourne. That is all!

If we take a running defender with our first pick I might just go full nuts! Mids please!
Feels like decent mids are easier to find in the back end of the draft. First pick you always go best available, but Young would fit a need for Swans list at the same time. A lot of forwards and small defender types at the top end this year, not so many elite mids in my opinion

Feels like decent mids are easier to find in the back end of the draft. First pick you always go best available, but Young would fit a need for Swans list at the same time. A lot of forwards and small defender types at the top end this year, not so many elite mids in my opinion

Don’t want defenders really unless it’s a KPP one and I’d rather get one with the Saints 2nd (we hold that). Rather hope we come 17th and get Rowell or Anderson.

Interested to see how Kemp goes in the championships. He could be around our range.

Guaranteed carlton apply for and receive a priority pick which will push us back in the draft. Likely GC do the same if they don't start winning some games.

At this point, questions have to be asked of development rather than recruitment teams. Have had plenty enough high picks and not improved since early 2000

At this point, questions have to be asked of development rather than recruitment teams. Have had plenty enough high picks and not improved since early 2000

I read somewhere the Carlton team on the weekend had something like 15 first round draft picks in it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know exactly how the priority picks work?

Carlton's first pick is currently 11th I believe because Adelaide has their first pick. So should Carlton ask for and receive a priority pick do they get it after their first live pick or where they qualify?

My guess is it's worded as directly after your first pick or something along those lines, so should they get one at this point it would be something like live pick @ 11, priority pick @ 12.

Carlton's first pick is currently 11th I believe because Adelaide has their first pick. So should Carlton ask for and receive a priority pick do they get it after their first live pick or where they qualify?

My guess is it's worded as directly after your first pick or something along those lines, so should they get one at this point it would be something like live pick @ 11, priority pick @ 12.
End of 1st round isn’t it? Who really knows though...AFL make it up on the fly!

The AFL makes up priority pick rules any way they see it at the time.
Wont be a top 10 pick though.

There's different priority picks

1) Before first round priority pick (Carlton would get pick 1)
2) End of first round PP (Say pick 19 ish)

Of all current players to make it to 50 games - I truly believe Plowman is the worst player in the AFL.

Plowman would be good as a 2nd or 3rd tall. Don't think he's that bad.

Assuming Preuss hates Sydney, why isn't he wearing red and white is beyond me.

Couldn’t get a game at Norf! over the past two years (8 games in 2 years) and can’t get a game at the Dees (2 games out of 10) who are lower than us. Maybe he is just not as good as you think he is and not some sort of conspiracy against you

Couldn’t get a game at Norf! over the past two years (8 games in 2 years) and can’t get a game at the Dees (2 games out of 10) who are lower than us. Maybe he is just not as good as you think he is and not some sort of conspiracy against you
I never understood why he agreed to go to Melbourne. It was clear he would play second fiddle to Gawn and that's exactly what is happening.

I never understood why he agreed to go to Melbourne. It was clear he would play second fiddle to Gawn and that's exactly what is happening.
His tank doesn't seem to be big enough to be a number one ruck, so makes sense that he was picked up as a luxury by a club who already has a dominant number one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back