List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see how Carlton even go close to getting a priority pick. It is so clear high end draft picks are not their issue, unless there is a priority pick for coaching panels and board appointments they simply do not benefit from killing off another draftees career.

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
There's different priority picks

1) Before first round priority pick (Carlton would get pick 1)
2) End of first round PP (Say pick 19 ish)

While acknowledging that Gill makes it up as he goes along, I can't see any justification for Carlton getting a priority pick.
Assuming Carlton comes 18th, it would have had pick 1 and 19. Those are both currently with Adelaide, having been traded away voluntarily by Carlton.

Second, all the pundits are saying that the Carlton list is not bad, just needs experience and fill in a couple of gaps.
(Could probably say the same about us)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-04/indicative-draft-order-after-round-11

I can see Carlton Football Club getting out the begging bowl for a priority pick.
A cesspit of a club if they dare try for a PP after foolishly giving away pick 1. Let them wallow in the mire of their own making.

You guys won't finish low enough to get Rowell/Anderson. Some of you are saying you need a rebounding defender; Hayden Young looks something special and would be around the Pick 3-6 range at this stage
My worry is we win more games and end up mid table. If you're going to have a year out of the finals do a good job of it and finiash low enough to get a near certain gun and a soft draw for next year. My crystal ball sees North and Melbourne ahead of us but Carlton, GC & Saints below, so that's pick 4 unless the Dogs continue their downward spiral.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Will Brodie would be a sensational get if we could snare him

I don't rate him at all from what I've seen of him in the AFL. Seems to me like he'd be another Will Setterfield - high draft pick but really poor skills and not all that strong inside rendering him underwhelming.

My worry is we win more games and end up mid table. If you're going to have a year out of the finals do a good job of it and finiash low enough to get a near certain gun and a soft draw for next year. My crystal ball sees North and Melbourne ahead of us but Carlton, GC & Saints below, so that's pick 4 unless the Dogs continue their downward spiral.

Surely the Saints and Melbourne go in front of us. Saints have a very soft draw in the back half.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
I don't rate him at all from what I've seen of him in the AFL. Seems to me like he'd be another Will Setterfield - high draft pick but really poor skills and not all that strong inside rendering him underwhelming.

Been underdeveloped at Gold Coast IMO. Plenty of upside and was one of, if not the most dominant inside player of his draft.

Surely the Saints and Melbourne go in front of us. Saints have a very soft draw in the back half.
Melbourne upside as they're starting to get key players back but St.Kilda are now looking like their 2018 rabble form. We play Saints, GC and Carlton in the run home, it's a worry :)

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace

Setterfield will be a very good player. He can get to a lot more contests than brodie can.

Melbourne upside as they're starting to get key players back but St.Kilda are now looking like their 2018 rabble form. We play Saints, GC and Carlton in the run home, it's a worry :)

The only reason St Kilda have dropped form is due to their injury list. I imagine the bye will help them significantly.

Still don't think we will finish bottom 2, likely we will get a few wins in the back half of the year.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Touk Miller has developed very well at gc. I don't think brodie has what it takes to make it. He slid in the draft but should of sild further.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Couldn’t get a game at Norf! over the past two years (8 games in 2 years) and can’t get a game at the Dees (2 games out of 10) who are lower than us. Maybe he is just not as good as you think he is and not some sort of conspiracy against you
Nah, its a conspiracy. Crazy he goes from behind Goldy to behind Gawn. Hed be perfect.

SEN chatter this morning seemed to assume Jones would seek a trade.
Why? Wants to get to the Dees to play one season with his retiring brother? Or is he being offered big $ by Carlton so they can boost their experienced player ranks. I'd better check out what picks those clubs hold :)

Would this be the same chatter that has Papley asking for a trade "home"?

Why? Wants to get to the Dees to play one season with his retiring brother? Or is he being offered big $ by Carlton so they can boost their experienced player ranks. I'd better check out what picks those clubs hold :)

Would this be the same chatter that has Papley asking for a trade "home"?

Just seems to be idle speculation dressed as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back