List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insightful comment from a poster who dribbles out opinion after opinion and rarely backs it up with anything other than more opinion.

Most of us are fond of trotting out opinions. Mr Michael Oxlong esq is no different than most. His reports on the Geelong were good. Always interesting to contrast a report from watching the game at the ground with the telly.

None of us know what Beatson is up to. It is interesting there are so many uncontracted players. Usually there is a steady stream of announcements on contract extensions. Not this year.

The Age mentioned there is interest in Cameron.

Most of us are fond of trotting out opinions. Mr Michael Oxlong esq is no different than most. His reports on the Geelong were good. Always interesting to contrast a report from watching the game at the ground with the telly.

None of us know what Beatson is up to. It is interesting there are so many uncontracted players. Usually there is a steady stream of announcements on contract extensions. Not this year.

That list looks to have a minimum of 6 retire or delist.
New Irishman in on a Rookie B contract.
5 Draft selections.

Hate to be negative but worst case scenario is that we have jones, papley and dawson leave this year coupled with the mass retirements and we could be in serious trouble moving forward.

This is one of the biggest off seasons for us for the past 10-15 years

Hate to be negative but worst case scenario is that we have jones, papley and dawson leave this year coupled with the mass retirements and we could be in serious trouble moving forward.

Perhaps we should hand in our license to avoid being an embarrassment should your worse case scenario eventuate.

Papley is contracted for next year. Should a trade be sought we should request the world.

Dawson will be targeted for sure. Adelaide will trade Jenkins and want a third tall. Port would also benefit. We will need to make a decent offer to keep him.

I want to keep Jones but don't want to break the bank. If he wAnted to go to Melbourne for example I would like to exchange first round picks, if they finish below us, and their second rounder

nice way to miss the point.

That list looks to have a minimum of 6 retire or delist.
New Irishman in on a Rookie B contract.
5 Draft selections.

I reckon there will be significant turnover on the main and A and B rookies.

I reckon there will be significant turnover on the main and A and B rookies.
I agree.
If they aren't seen as genuine top 24s in the next 2 years, they will probably go.
Hope they give Wicks time to continue his development.
Bell I'm not sure of. Some weeks he is all class, other weeks he seems not to be fully engaged.
We could see a new era this post season.

If jones requests a trade...we package him with our first and try get our hands on a top 2 pick to try get rowell

Or we can just get a mid to late first for Jones (say pick 14 or so). We’d have 3 picks inside 25.

Or we can just get a mid to late first for Jones (say pick 14 or so). We’d have 3 picks inside 25.

Actually we would only have two.

Our second selection is with the Eagles.

Ignore, forgot we had a section from St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure just letting go of Jones and Papley is wise hard to climb out of the bottom 4 if you keep losing mature best 22 players.

Sometimes you need to make hard decisions and if we can get a bundle of first rounders it might be worth it

Sometimes you need to make hard decisions and if we can get a bundle of first rounders it might be worth it

keeping Papley is the sensible decision.

Because he’s out of contract, they assume he’ll seek a trade? That’s journalism at its best...let’s throw mud and see if it sticks!

It wouldn't surprise me to see him sign on for another two years.

That will take him to his first year of free agency and he will have the option to chase the big money then.

Everyone has a price, if Carlton offers their first surely we’d consider it (we should)
That's the first tied to the Crows. Jones may well get a big $ offer from the Blues, they have plenty of cap and a desperate need for mature hard nuts. I'm amenable to that trade.

Everyone has a price, if Carlton offers their first surely we’d consider it (we should)

I've never been keen on trading established talent for potential talent unless we're losing the established talent anyway.

I've never been keen on trading established talent for potential talent unless we're losing the established talent anyway.

Agreed.

WE have to remember both Jones and Papley aren't exactly old players.

Those saying we should trade Papley are crazy, his only 22, is likely only going to go up in value from here, is contracted and is a unique player on our list.

Carlton first round pick goes in a swap with Adelaide. Not good enough. If they tossed in Cripps as a sweetener I guess the Club would consider it. I'd accept it but would not like it. Paps is a heart and soul player. Every club needs then

Carlton first round pick goes in a swap with Adelaide. Not good enough. If they tossed in Cripps as a sweetener I guess the Club would consider it. I'd accept it but would not like it. Paps is a heart and soul player. Every club needs then

Pick 12 ish from Adelaide isn’t too far off not sure we could realistically expect more. If he wants to leave I’d be comfortable with that exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back