Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Is Papley under contract?

No way you guys would want to trade him, but have heard he's considering going back to VIC.

Would be happy to trade Crows 1st for him.

Contracted until end of next season.

Rumours are probably just him testing his value on the market.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I just realised that this whole list management trading out and trading in is a bit like marriage. First you make sure that the one you have doesn't get too tempted by other suitors and then, having done that, you try and tempt another one committed elsewhere to be with you. Sensible that you don't let the first one know they're no longer the only one you have eyes on. Can get a bit flighty otherwise

I just realised that this whole list management trading out and trading in is a bit like marriage. First you make sure that the one you have doesn't get too tempted by other suitors and then, having done that, you try and tempt another one committed elsewhere to be with you. Sensible that you don't let the first one know they're no longer the only one you have eyes on. Can get a bit flighty otherwise

Ex doesn’t take the Stadium with her /analogy

If we are serious about getting a ruckman who is not a dinosaur, I would be chasing English.

While I agree he is going to be awesome, they won't give him up. Certainly not now as he just starting to put things together.

We have on our list 6 ruckmen (or 7):
  • Callum Sinclair -trying his heart out each week, contract expires 2021
  • Sam Naismith -unlucky to be injured for nearly 2 years, contract expires 2021
  • Darcy Cameron - perhaps not performing to expectations in NEAFL, contract expires 2019
  • Toby Pink -has become a defender in NEAFL, contract expires 2019
  • Hayden McLean - from pre-season supplementary but has been out injured, played in last NEAFL game, contract expires 2019
  • Michael Knoll still learning AFL - technically contract expires 2019
  • Joel Amartey - more forward in NEAFL - contract expires 2019
Longmire likes to have at least ruckman on our list.
I'd keep Knoll as a "project"
Who plays on in 2020?

• Darcy Cameron - perhaps not performing to expectations in NEAFL, contract expires 2019
  • Hayden McLean - from pre-season supplementary but has been out injured, played in last NEAFL game, contract expires 2019
Who plays on in 2020?

Good question. Pink, Amartey and probably McLean are probably not tall enough to be more than than pinch hitters. I really hope we keep Pink and Amartey as promising development big blokes. I have not seen enough of young McLean to have a view.

I reckon Cameron is most at risk of being traded or delisted. The Age mentioned him as one of a number of ruckmen who are on the potential trade list. His NEAFL form this year is not as strong as last year. Given Sinclair's struggles this year it is surprising he has not had a look in.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Who plays on in 2020?

A lot of names, none of them are any good.

Who plays on in 2020?
I count 1 ruckman and 6 other random tall people

Who plays on in 2020?

That list belongs on toilet paper mostly

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
There is quite a bit of discussion on North Melbourne's and Carlton's boards that Papley is very gettable and looking to move to Victoria. Any rumours floating around on the Swans board about that as it would be a huge loss for us if true?

Also rumours that Florent is interested in going back, and North have made enquiries about Cunningham (though there is no real evidence Cunningham has asked to go to another club, just that North have enquired about him).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back