List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting news I got yesterday from up North. Zac Jones will be going to North , Harry Cunningham is going (would not disclose where) and the rumours of Papley have some truth . Loves the club , but is homesick and hates living in Sydney !
:eek: if Tom wants to leave.

Could have 3 first rounds if papa and jones go which is on the cards.

Would be trading for ready made players with the picks.

Try and get a big fish

We desperately need

- 1 pure ruckman
- 2 midfielders

I hope if Papley leaves (and I really don't want him to leave) he can be covered by Ronke and eventually Gulden.

Could have 3 first rounds if papa and jones go which is on the cards.

Would be trading for ready made players with the picks.

Try and get a big fish

Whilst it would suck to lose these players if they decided to go, it is what it is. As long as we make the best of the opportunity with what we get in return / what we use that currency for.

But agree. I wouldn’t be taking kids in the draft with what we get in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I really don't want to lose Papley, the up-side of it is that it's been shown over and over again that you can find top quality small forwards as low as the rookie draft. Papley himself, Eddie Betts, Charlie Cameron, Luke Breust were all taken in rookie or pre-season drafts.

So if we lost him, we'd surely get a high pick which we could either trade on for hopefully a ready-made good player (my preference) or draft with. The down-side of losing a top quality, drafted player with a close connection to the club is obvious, but we'll be fine if he chooses to leave.

IMO this group is on the brink, I reckon just one or two A-graders we could trade in would get us right back in contention, as well as the natural improvement of guys like Heeney, Hewett, Florent, Dawson etc who I think will be A-graders. We've spent the last five years going to the draft and we're seeing the rewards of it now, and I reckon our 2018 draft haul will be looked back on as a big success, but that's it now. Time to get those last pieces in place for our next flag contending team! :thumbsu:

We desperately need

- 1 pure ruckman
- 2 midfielders

I hope if Papley leaves (and I really don't want him to leave) he can be covered by Ronke and eventually Gulden.
Gulden might be physically ready by 2026!
Would take Campbell before Gulden every day.

While I really don't want to lose Papley, the up-side of it is that it's been shown over and over again that you can find top quality small forwards as low as the rookie draft. Papley himself, Eddie Betts, Charlie Cameron, Luke Breust were all taken in rookie or pre-season drafts.

So if we lost him, we'd surely get a high pick which we could either trade on for hopefully a ready-made good player (my preference) or draft with. The down-side of losing a top quality, drafted player with a close connection to the club is obvious, but we'll be fine if he chooses to leave.
Milne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back