List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at this stage we might have Jones, Cunningham and Cameron on the draft table. Hewett and Haywood will have SA interest. Hopefully we resist the latter

Plenty of list spots open with retirements of Smith, Grundy, Jack, McVeigh and prolly Menzell whose body will not allow him to play footy at the highest level. Kurt Moneyball is finally gone as well

There should be plenty of cash.

JPK is a beast but unless he can get his body right he will be a liability on big grounds. I think Horse and our jokes of quacks are killing him. He is playing on one leg. We should bring forward any op he needs and get him right for next year or send him to the GoCo.

Recruitment wise we need a quality ruckman and a speedy mid like Jones but one with some footy IQ and distribution skills.

Don't forget florent and Papley who are both heading back to Melb as well as the annual Parker to Essendon talk. Might as well fold at this point

Doubt that young Cadsky. Not all is doom and gloom. Don't think Papley will go. Hold him to his contract or set in and a top 5 pick. Ollie ii's worth a late first rounder but doubt he will go.

Hi - I hope this is the right forum.

Now that the carnival is over, Big Footy are doing a trial phantom and I have got the Swans. We start this Thursday. The idea of a trial is that draft watchers have now seen the talent at the carnival and time to get a flavour of the likely order (albeit there is a decent amount of time left in the season for players to move around).

As it stands, Sydney hold 7 picks and will be in a good position to have a significant re-stock of talent.

1st Round (1)
5 – own
2nd Round (2)
22 - tied to St Kilda
3rd Round (2)
41 – own
53 – tied to West Coast
4th Round (2)
56 – tied to Carlton
59 – own
5th Round (2)
77 – own

In terms of the Swans Academy and F/S, I’m not seeing obvious targets at the pointy end so I was planning on not taking academy talent. I prefer to see where other posters might rate them rather than bring in bias as the idea behind the trial is to see where talent lands. I will be adding some WA talent late in the draft as I get to see a fair amount of WAFL and associated colts and the phantom boards are usually too Vic centric and outside input is usually appreciated.

Looking at needs, I am thinking a ruck (if available at right price), outside midfield speed, hbf with speed and ball skills, elusive smaller forward and possibly a KPD. I am looking for input here so open to suggestions.

I was pretty happy with the Trial in July 2018 for Port I tool West, Butters, Stack and Grundy and then in the phantom in the week leading up to the draft I took Rankine, Stocker and Duursma.

So at this stage we might have Jones, Cunningham and Cameron on the draft table. Hewett and Haywood will have SA interest. Hopefully we resist the latter

Plenty of list spots open with retirements of Smith, Grundy, Jack, McVeigh and prolly Menzell whose body will not allow him to play footy at the highest level. Kurt Moneyball is finally gone as well

There should be plenty of cash.

JPK is a beast but unless he can get his body right he will be a liability on big grounds. I think Horse and our jokes of quacks are killing him. He is playing on one leg. We should bring forward any op he needs and get him right for next year or send him to the GoCo.

Recruitment wise we need a quality ruckman and a speedy mid like Jones but one with some footy IQ and distribution skills.
Wholeheartedly agree!

Now that the carnival is over, Big Footy are doing a trial phantom and I have got the Swans. We start this Thursday. The idea of a trial is that draft watchers have now seen the talent at the carnival and time to get a flavour of the likely order (albeit there is a decent amount of time left in the season for players to move around).

As it stands, Sydney hold 7 picks and will be in a good position to have a significant re-stock of talent.

1st Round (1)
5 – own
2nd Round (2)
22 - tied to St Kilda
3rd Round (2)
41 – own
53 – tied to West Coast
4th Round (2)
56 – tied to Carlton
59 – own
5th Round (2)
77 – own

In terms of the Swans Academy and F/S, I’m not seeing obvious targets at the pointy end so I was planning on not taking academy talent. I prefer to see where other posters might rate them rather than bring in bias as the idea behind the trial is to see where talent lands. I will be adding some WA talent late in the draft as I get to see a fair amount of WAFL and associated colts and the phantom boards are usually too Vic centric and outside input is usually appreciated.

Looking at needs, I am thinking a ruck (if available at right price), outside midfield speed, hbf with speed and ball skills, elusive smaller forward and possibly a KPD. I am looking for input here so open to suggestions.

I was pretty happy with the Trial in July 2018 for Port I tool West, Butters, Stack and Grundy and then in the phantom in the week leading up to the draft I took Rankine, Stocker and Duursma.
We won't draft for a ruck, we'll trade for one. We will draft midfielders with our first few picks this year, I expect us to bring in a 1st rounder this year as we can use later picks for our academy kids next year. If you pick Kemp for us first then you are fine.

Would you guys have any interested in trading JPK to us for a younger asset or pick?

Give you another young player to fit your up and coming 20-25 year old core.
Give us a leader, strong midfield body and someone that potentially could transition to a coaching style position.

Would you guys have any interested in trading JPK to us for a younger asset or pick?

Give us a leader, strong midfield body and someone that potentially could transition to a coaching style position.
I would. Who you thinking?

I would. Who you thinking?

Haven't got that far haha.
Just looking for some experienced targets.

Probably more inclined to trade picks. - Don't shout me down if I'm slightly off his perceived value.
Depends on where Brisbane finish - we have their first round this year so would put that in some kind of deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.
Not on your life.
I know he is starting to slow, but with such a young group of mids, his footy smarts are worth gold to them and our future.

give us Dew back for him

We need experienced players. We have enough young quality talent, what we need is players in their prime to lead them. Not sure your very young team can help us much in that regard.

We need experienced players. We have enough young quality talent, what we need is players in their prime to lead them. Not sure your very young team can help us much in that regard.

not like we get the trades done here of course

but you could in thid hypothetical trade with a 3rd team involved

Haven't got that far haha.
Just looking for some experienced targets.

Probably more inclined to trade picks. - Don't shout me down if I'm slightly off his perceived value.
Depends on where Brisbane finish - we have their first round this year so would put that in some kind of deal.

If he wants to do a Hodge type of thing with GC I’d be happy enough, he’s given us plenty. In terms of value maybe your second or a mid second you get.

1st Round (1)
5 – own
2nd Round (2)
22 - tied to St Kilda
3rd Round (2)
41 – own
53 – tied to West Coast
4th Round (2)
56 – tied to Carlton
59 – own
5th Round (2)
77 – own

Our biggest need in this draft is an inside ball winner. Probably to be ready to replace Kennedy in 2 years time. We actually have quite a bit of outside run coming through now.

I doubt we'd draft a ruckman, or if we did, it'd probably be with the pick we get for Darcy Cameron which will be late.

If there's a good key forward we'd take him before a key defender. We're going to lose Buddy and Reid in about 3 years and in addition to Aliir and Melican, we have Pink and Maibaum we are developing in the 2s along with Amartey. We don't have a key forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back