List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not getting the vibe that we have substantial salary cap space from Longmire here.

We dont its pretty clear.

Bryce Gibbs, no thank you.

Adelaide and Gold Coast should be doing some trading this offseason. Each has what the other wants. Adelaide has way too many late 20's, early 30's types and Gold Coast has way too many draft picks and young players. I could see Gold Coast making plays for guys like Gibbs, Eddie Betts, Taylor Walker, one of the Crouch brothers, Tom Lynch, Daniel Talia. Adelaide would want Lukosius and their top pick somehow (maybe a swap of their first rounders) but I reckon there could be movement there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't bring in anyone big you'd think a salary cap dump onto Buddy's contract would make sense. Bring some of it forward so later on we have more space

I think we are not allowed to shift a cent of Buddy'd contract forward or back.

Reasonable wish list:

Cameron to be traded for late pick

Cutler for a third rounder, maybe even pick downgrade of said third rounder

Constable, offer gametime and money and see if bites

Draft a mid with pick four ie Serong/Kemp or split it.

Long time to go...

Long year ahead, need two gun mids from trades.
I think that one will be enough. With less pressure, our current mids will improve. That mid should ideally be an inside mid who can break away from congestion. If we also pick up a full or part time inside mid with pick 4 (Green or Serong) we will be covered for that role within the next year or two.

I'd like to see us go for a KPD like McAsey or Worrel with our second pick.

Last edited:
I think we can, we just need to make sure it's all accounted. The AFL just said to match a RFA offer you need to match the aggregate cost + years. Don't see why it should be any different on the other side.

No it has to match year to the dollar amount offered for that year because when the club which the matching rights is considering matching they have to consider their salary cap for each of the years in the offer. So for us (or any other club that picks up a free agent) to then have the ability to move the money around to fit our cap needs would be considered unfair to the matching team so would not be allowed.

This rule I completely agree with and is completely in line with free agency rules in places like the North American sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back