List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about the Freo players. Would Connor Blakely be the type of player that would suit us? Apparently there has been an incident which will make it difficult to stay at Freo. Depending on what that incident is moving to a non-AFL state might be good for him.
I like him a lot as a player.
Very tough. Big body.

Probably struggled under Lyon's grinding and unenjoyable environment which tends to burn players out after 5 years of it.

We should be 100 percent looking at Hibberd from Williamstown. Ready made Midfielder, Finds the Ball, good skills, strong inside, not slow and built like an AFL Midfielder in comparison to the developing bodies off out future mids in Florent & Rowbottom. Worth a Punt.
Have read we are into him

sydney arent stupid enough to say trade papley for carltons pick then give it with 4 for daniher

That would be an extremely dumb trade.

We should be 100 percent looking at Hibberd from Williamstown. Ready made Midfielder, Finds the Ball, good skills, strong inside, not slow and built like an AFL Midfielder in comparison to the developing bodies off out future mids in Florent & Rowbottom. Worth a Punt.
He couldn’t get a game at Norf...Norf.

I could live with pick 10 or 11 for Daniher but I'll spew up (Terry Walllace style) if we hand over pick 5.

Every chance he is another Tippett.

Tall blokes with bad backs is always very bloody risky.
I'm pretty sure he has OP.

I'm pretty sure he has OP.

I don't think Essendon have got on top of it at any stage to be honest and have been treating it as OP. I am no Doctor but I have been a runner and had lower back issues for along time and nagging groin and hip pain can be a big part of it. Sure they know better than me but it would not surprise if the back is tied into it somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be 100 percent looking at Hibberd from Williamstown. Ready made Midfielder, Finds the Ball, good skills, strong inside, not slow and built like an AFL Midfielder in comparison to the developing bodies of our future mids in Florent & Rowbottom. Worth a Punt.
I was hoping that we'd take him in the mid season draft. He's only 22 as well.

Anyone have the article from the Sun about north now leading the race for papley and its the key to the Daniher deal?
Haven't seen that one. Perhaps Carlton just can't give up pick 8, and we need a first rounder...
On another note I just can't see how Jones gets to Saints. They just don't have the currency, unless they can get an early second rounder back from Ats for Steven. I think Jones wants to stay, but wants more $$, he will wait and see how Danniher deal falls as this could get him some more.

Haven't seen that one. Perhaps Carlton just can't give up pick 8, and we need a first rounder...
On another note I just can't see how Jones gets to Saints. They just don't have the currency, unless they can get an early second rounder back from Ats for Steven. I think Jones wants to stay, but wants more $$, he will wait and see how Danniher deal falls as this could get him some more.
I can see the saints second round from next year being involved. I think it is massive unders (pick 19-28 will end up at 29-38 after NGAs and FSs).

I can see the saints second round from next year being involved. I think it is massive unders (pick 19-28 will end up at 29-38 after NGAs and FSs).

So we are back to taking it lying down again...

Jones is worth a lot more than that!

So we are back to taking it lying down again...

Jones is worth a lot more than that!

He is out of contract. If he chooses a destination and refuses to go elsewhere, do we send him to the preseason draft out of spite (therefore getting less than a second rounder)?

We don’t have a lot of leverage, if he decides to go, and thus far there has been no reported request from him.

He is out of contract. If he chooses a destination and refuses to go elsewhere, do we send him to the preseason draft out of spite (therefore getting less than a second rounder)?

We don’t have a lot of leverage, if he decides to go, and thus far there has been no reported request from him.

If the alternative is some very ordinary second rounder which we won't use...

Saint's first for Joness and our second, that's pretty fair. We could then ship that for Daniher.

If the alternative is some very ordinary second rounder which we won't use...

Saint's first for Joness and our second, that's pretty fair. We could then ship that for Daniher.

Pick 5? I think you’re dreaming.

Why wouldn’t we use the second rounder?

I can actually see us trading out our 2020 first and trying to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to match for Gulden and Campbell.

Pick 5? I think you’re dreaming.

Why wouldn’t we use the second rounder?

I can actually see us trading out our 2020 first and trying to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to match for Gulden and Campbell.
To be fair I think they were suggesting pick 5 for Jones and our second which still seems ambitious.

Saints will have to use pick 5 for Hill. If Stevens is traded to Geelong then maybe that compensation would be used for a trade with Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back