Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
Is he? Doesn't look quite as big just from appearance. JPK is a serious unit. Even when I met him once I was like holy **** he's like Bruce Banner. In any case I'd like to think he could lead the midfield, his first half of the year certainly suggested he could be the next JPK.

But FWIW I'm not sure there has to be a "next JPK." Eg. Rowbottom could be just as effective even though he has some different attributes, relies more on his bursts of speed and explosiveness as opposed to brute strength like JPK.
Different builds but saw a photo of them and Dawson and they are all same height. Reckon George grew from his first year.

Why would Geelong trade Constable? They know he is good and have older players who will move on for him to replace.

Draft him, develop him and then trade him right before they need him? Nonsense.

It was a late night hypothetical after a few cans. Hence the ambition.

Alright - lets up the offer. Two future 2nds + 55.

Port seem to regard Wines as borderline best 22, so is it that far-fetched?

Wouldn’t get Port talking unless a first rounder is involved. For Port two seconds isn’t a first. They want top end quality

Judging from everyone else is saying it sounds that way.

Good. Didn’t want to overpay (which we would have) to get someone who isn’t essential. Keeps pick 4. If Papley goes that’s 2 top 10 picks.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Good. Didn’t want to overpay (which we would have) to get someone who isn’t essential. Keeps pick 4. If Papley goes that’s 2 top 10 picks.

When Franklin is gone at the end of next year, Reid is in a Hyperbaric chamber somewhere and McCartin is trying to stop an avalanche down back could You Please Use all Your Wisdom to enlighten the club of a soloution ?

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Im frosty on frost.
images (11).jpeg

When Franklin is gone at the end of next year, Reid is in a Hyperbaric chamber somewhere and McCartin is trying to stop an avalanche down back could You Please Use all Your Wisdom to enlighten the club of a soloution ?

McCartin for one and he’s not costing us a high First and a huge salary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
Maybe everything's a lot more prosaic.
The players get a month off at the end of the season.
So Daniher is off overseas perhaps - I imagine he would be irritated by the attention and speculation.
Further, if he is to make a decision, what better place to think on it than away from the fishbowl?

Regarding Papley, he too is on his month off, and his girlfriend I understand lives in Melbourne, so of course he will be there.
I can't tell if the photo is his manager or Playfair, but by all accounts Carlton really want him, so why not arrange a meeting with someone with a familiar face from Sydney?
Or it's as an old Swans mate.
Or it's his manager.
Or it's Ben Reid from Collingwood.
Or it's some other campaigner.
Or it was taken in Sydney.
Or it was taken two years ago.

The only fact is that Papley is contracted to 2023.

Last edited:

We don’t need to sell the farm for Daniher. Sure for an early second (Saints) I’d be happy but pick 4 stuff that, and I don’t want to sell Papley for Daniher- if Paps does go use that pick or ontrade it to next year for our Academy.

We will be fine for key talls. It’s the least of our worry- fix the midfield (including a genuine ruck) and a gorilla defender first. Worry about a KPF after that.

Why would Geelong trade Constable? They know he is good and have older players who will move on for him to replace.

Draft him, develop him and then trade him right before they need him? Nonsense.
Way it's reported in the media it sounds like he wants out as he's not getting enough games.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
On same job site as my source

Daniher is a done deal , Sydney absolutely spewing it got leaked.

B Crouch Wants us and will get done

Papley wants Carlton

Let’s see how good he is

Just got back from site myself Punts and my source in the office through his Geelong Footy Club source is adamant it's done.

mcs095

All Australian
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
On same job site as my source

Daniher is a done deal , Sydney absolutely spewing it got leaked.

B Crouch Wants us and will get done

Papley wants Carlton

Let’s see how good he is
While I would be very sad to lose Papley, if we ended up picking up Daniher and Crouch then it would not be a bad trade period, assuming we give up a fair and reasonable cost overall in terms of draft picks , and get a similar fair and reasonable return for Papley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back