Status
Not open for further replies.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Trouble is that the quality drops away after Rowell, Anderson, Serong, Young and Ash. The quality of players in the 11 & 15 pick range are significantly less. Players such as Kemp should be gone by then.

everything I have read and heard is that 3-30 is really even and strong.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Trouble is that the quality drops away after Rowell, Anderson, Serong, Young and Ash. The quality of players in the 11 & 15 pick range are significantly less. Players such as Kemp should be gone by then.
That may be but it would give us the opportunity to get Daniher without having to trade Papley away. Obviously whoever we then picked at 15 would not be the same quality as the top 5.
But in saying all of this, how many of our squad have come from the top picks in the draft. 17-18 year old champions don't necessarily become AFL champions. We have selected numerous players in 3rd and 4th rounds who have become champions.

Florent rumours wanting to go home never seem to stop. Really pumped by this! Looks to be really building towards something. Believe he only wants2yrs as his value will sky rocket at the end of that
No co-incidence these two signings are announced together, Ollie & Will are joined at the hip, neither would leave the club unless the other went with him! Swans for life.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Florent is always going to be least likely of any Swans to commit long-term because of his family situation. But you would think as time goes on and the more years he spends at the club, the easier that would become for him.
The same Florent that stated he wanted to be a Swan for life? Yeah, how is that least likely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With GC getting a PP and Green being matched early by GWS, those picks would be 13 & 17 plus could move out one more with the Freo NGA possibly getting a bid mid first round. Stick tight with pick 4 because Dododoro isn't taking pick 13 for Daniher, would taint his tough negotiator reputation. Daniher as a RFA next year when we'll see if he can get on the park.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I read it the other way as he will be certain to be there next season

Worsfold was adamant
To me if daniher had no intention of joining us, he would have said they had the cards because it was a non issue..who knows, we can analyse statements all we like and we will still have no idea what will happen

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
I wonder if the club might be willing to let Papley go because we will get Gulden and Campbell next year and their intention is for at least one of them to play a similar role to Papleys?
A bird in the hand is worth 24 points in the draft, or something like that

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
To me if daniher had no intention of joining us, he would have said they had the cards because it was a non issue..who knows, we can analyse statements all we like and we will still have no idea what will happen

We'd be much better off coming away from this draft with someone like Serong or Flanders, a real good KPD with the pick we get for Jones if he goes. If disaster strikes and Papley leaves I'd definitely take McAsey in the draft at 7/8. Kemp is too much of a risk until later on IMHO.

Daniher can do one till next year. Maybe the GC will take a punt on a 2-3 year extension and a future first for a guy that hasn't played in two years and whose club (who know his medical situ better than everyone else) seems reticent to commit to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back